Quantcast
Pls Need help - can't lower my Heart Rate (was at hospital) - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pls Need help - can't lower my Heart Rate (was at hospital)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bud, I'm not a doctor, but if your HR is "82-87 while sitting in my chair" then maybe you aren't back to normal yet.
    I know.. it really isn't.

the lowest I can get it to is 76

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    I know.. it really isn't.

the lowest I can get it to is 76
    So maybe don't hit the bike, or sauna, or weights, when it's over 80? Is that a crazy suggestion?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    So maybe don't hit the bike, or sauna, or weights, when it's over 80? Is that a crazy suggestion?
    I really just hope this isn't going to be a "new" normal - it could be a short normal

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Give it a few days before you freak out (more or again)
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

I really just hope this isn't going to be a "new" normal - it could be a short normal
    This freaking out behavior is causing you to get triggered. You need to stop with the caffeine and pre-workout drinks. You need to GET your mind off what your heart rates are and quit obsessing over all the small details.

I know its not easy and difficult, but I am telling you from experience you need to stop.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Try CBD oils or spray?

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    This freaking out behavior is causing you to get triggered. You need to stop with the caffeine and pre-workout drinks. You need to GET your mind off what your heart rates are and quit obsessing over all the small details.

I know its not easy and difficult, but I am telling you from experience you need to stop.
    I had a very interesting night. fell asleep and was able to calm my heart down to 67-70 using a meditation app and took the watch off.

Work up a couple hours later, went to the washroom and I could feell my heart rate rising fast. By the time I got back to bed, I was having to breath hard.

I grabbed the watch it spike high again to 111 and took a while to settle back into 90s then 80s

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

The anxiety of having drop back to normal is contributing.

This sounds like the stages just before adrenal fatigue. I’d bet your cortisol is spiked throughout the day.

Don’t wear your watch for a while. Don’t count heart rate.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

I had a very interesting night. fell asleep and was able to calm my heart down to 67-70 using a meditation app and took the watch off.

Work up a couple hours later, went to the washroom and I could feell my heart rate rising fast. By the time I got back to bed, I was having to breath hard.

I grabbed the watch it spike high again to 111 and took a while to settle back into 90s then 80s

This is exactly the behavior I am talking about.

Instead of focusing on how to get your heat rate back to where it should be, your first reaction is to look at the watch and see it spike and causing your anxiety and stress to go up causing your HR to spike.

Hide the watch and start focusing on just learning techniques to get it back to normal.

Sounds like adrenal fatigue. Cut out any caffeine, grab some some magnesium and potassium supplements. If you're really active I would dial it back and focus more on relaxation activities (meditation, reading, walking etc). I went through a similar thing a few years ago cause I was like you giving everything 110%. Just needed to learn to slow down and chill the fuck out.

This doesn't go away in a few days so it's important to try doing these things daily and not overexert yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by freshvibes View Post
    Sounds like adrenal fatigue. Cut out any caffeine, grab some some magnesium and potassium supplements. If you're really active I would dial it back and focus more on relaxation activities (meditation, reading, walking etc). I went through a similar thing a few years ago cause I was like you giving everything 110%. Just needed to learn to slow down and chill the fuck out.

This doesn't go away in a few days so it's important to try doing these things daily and not overexert yourself.
    I completely agree and with electrolytes I should take some magnesium.

I had a major surgery about a year ago and very very stressful year. Maybe its possible I have a pulmonary embolism as a result of how acute it came on. It wasn't a chronic thing...

sigh... I'm chewing asprin just incase

My Ride
    Family Hauler

This is a pro-longed panic attack most likely brought on by yourself. Chill out, go for walks, stop looking at your damn HR monitor, stop thinking about it

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Sounds like you are Web-MDing yourself into a heart attack.

Pulmonary embolism. Self prescribing aspirin.

I think you would do better listening to the doctors and turning off the internet for a couple weeks.
    Last edited by killramos; 04-07-2020 at 09:43 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    EK Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    This is a pro-longed panic attack most likely brought on by yourself. Chill out, go for walks, stop looking at your damn HR monitor, stop thinking about it
    Sounds like you are Web-MDing yourself into a heart attack.

Pulmonary embolism. Self prescribing aspirin.

I think you would do better listening to the doctors and turning off the internet for a couple weeks.

+1

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 05:19 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

This is from seeing the doctor today and talking to my neighbour who is a health freak Chiropractor

Yes exactly I am having tachycardia and you are likely correct that Dehydration may be the most likely cause.
    I was using the sauna almost an hour a day at full wack (2 x 30 min sessions) thinking this would be cardiovascular beneficial, and thinking hey, this would be a detox to eliminate perhaps a perceived high level of accumulated sodium from the odd "fast food, or restaurant" food from working DT over the years. Also, I was recovering from a bout of bronchitis and mentally with all the COVID news, I didn't want to be "immunocompromised" in the case I catch it.
    You are on point - between the dehydration (possibly blood volume), lack of eletrolytes or an imbalance, and the low BP condition from lifting those 50lbs overhead - triggered the sympathetic nervous system to go into fight/flight and got the adrenal glands to fire tons of epinephrine into my system.
    A symphony of self-induced worse case scenarios.
    Also you are right the ECG, and blood tests for enzymes or proteins should have identified an a-fib, angina or cardiac arrest conditions.
    I saw my Dr. today, and we also ruled out any Thyroid conditions (i.e. thyroid storm or graves) - everything checks out, but he still can't account for my elevated HR.
    He did look at me and say, hrm... you do actually look dehydrated from the last time I saw you. He said that for rehydration of all cells, inclusive of fats, and other tissues, could take onwards of a week.
    Said I'm not in any serious risk of a cardiac condition and that he would still send a recommendation to the cardiologist - do the holter monitor and stress test, as well as get down to see if there is anything else wrong with my sinus node that may have resulted from this.
    The Dr. doesn't think this is anxiety caused but could definitely attribute, especially at this state. Also I'm still not feeling 100% when I do anything taxing.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Ok bud, take care of yourself, and try not to overdo things, because it really sounds like you have been overdoing EVERYTHING.

My Ride
    Trucks

Coronavirus was the cause of unexplained rapid heartbeat in one case described in a news article I read yesterday. It was talking about some of the strange symptoms that accompany the infection and I think this was the only symptom at the time.
    Last edited by Darell_n; 04-08-2020 at 01:44 PM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

It really does "just" sound like anxiety/stress reaction given all the green lights on medical so to speak.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    TypeR

This is from seeing the doctor today and talking to my neighbour who is a health freak Chiropractor

Yes exactly I am having tachycardia and you are likely correct that Dehydration may be the most likely cause.
    I was using the sauna almost an hour a day at full wack (2 x 30 min sessions) thinking this would be cardiovascular beneficial, and thinking hey, this would be a detox to eliminate perhaps a perceived high level of accumulated sodium from the odd "fast food, or restaurant" food from working DT over the years. Also, I was recovering from a bout of bronchitis and mentally with all the COVID news, I didn't want to be "immunocompromised" in the case I catch it.
    You are on point - between the dehydration (possibly blood volume), lack of eletrolytes or an imbalance, and the low BP condition from lifting those 50lbs overhead - triggered the sympathetic nervous system to go into fight/flight and got the adrenal glands to fire tons of epinephrine into my system.
    A symphony of self-induced worse case scenarios.
    Also you are right the ECG, and blood tests for enzymes or proteins should have identified an a-fib, angina or cardiac arrest conditions.
    I saw my Dr. today, and we also ruled out any Thyroid conditions (i.e. thyroid storm or graves) - everything checks out, but he still can't account for my elevated HR.
    He did look at me and say, hrm... you do actually look dehydrated from the last time I saw you. He said that for rehydration of all cells, inclusive of fats, and other tissues, could take onwards of a week.
    Said I'm not in any serious risk of a cardiac condition and that he would still send a recommendation to the cardiologist - do the holter monitor and stress test, as well as get down to see if there is anything else wrong with my sinus node that may have resulted from this.
    The Dr. doesn't think this is anxiety caused but could definitely attribute, especially at this state. Also I'm still not feeling 100% when I do anything taxing.

Ive trained someone with similar issues to yours. My advice

Get hydration and nutrition in check
    Drop all caffeine
    Stop lifting weights for the time being
    Create a list of triggers that seem to aggravate the condition to create awareness
    When the trigger comes out understand why instead of reacting
    Take up yoga or some sort of relaxing mobility regiment (tons of stuff on youtube)

But make sure create a journal of how you feel each day and what you consume. That way you can narrow down whats causing it especially if its stress. In all the life coaching courses ive taken that is legit the key to overcoming anything mental or stressful. Bring awareness to the situation and try to eliminate triggers by writing them down and planning for the next one.

Best of luck man. Just remember with all the shit going on right now we are all dealing with it. Still gotta keep moving forward!

PS sauna doesn't detox shit and it elevates your heartrate. Avoid it! If you want to detox start drinking tons of water and add alot of veggies into your diet!!!
    IG:scboss

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast