Quantcast
Pls Need help - can't lower my Heart Rate (was at hospital) - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pls Need help - can't lower my Heart Rate (was at hospital)

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Being Finnish, I am a big proponent of sauna heat and rock steam therapy for crazy sweating. It really does make your skin feel amazing, esp combined with cold water dunks.

The key is to sweat - so if the IR/whatever sauna you use allows for this, then you are helping detox at least in some manner. Near/far IR makes no difference and its all marketing hype most of the time in terms of specifics.

The Atlantic had an article about this as well.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...-sweat/528813/
    Thing I realized that even when I was in Malmo where they also enjoyed Saunas (I think its a huge Finnish thing, but Scandinavian and part of the Balkans its pretty huge too).. they eat pretty salty foods. Not that swedish food is bad at all, but they do like their canned fish, pickles, fish roe... maybe that makes up for it?

Being Finnish, I am a big proponent of sauna heat and rock steam therapy for crazy sweating. It really does make your skin feel amazing, esp combined with cold water dunks.

The key is to sweat - so if the IR/whatever sauna you use allows for this, then you are helping detox at least in some manner. Near/far IR makes no difference and its all marketing hype most of the time in terms of specifics.

The Atlantic had an article about this as well.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...-sweat/528813/
    It’s not just the act of sweating, it’s the way infrared waves penetrate and break down heavy metals contained within fat cells.
    Which of course is then sweat out.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I am going to say that heavy metals aren't "breaking down" that sounds like bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I am going to say that heavy metals aren't "breaking down" that sounds like bullshit.
    You mean slightly warming a heavy metal doesn’t create fission? Amazing.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    It’s not just the act of sweating, it’s the way infrared waves penetrate and break down heavy metals contained within fat cells.
    Which of course is then sweat out.
    Pure marketing BS - please read the Atlantic article.

Sweating is good yes - but claiming that a specific IR heat is somehow breaking down fat cells, in a better way that regular sweating, is BS.
    Last edited by revelations; 04-10-2020 at 09:55 PM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    Thing I realized that even when I was in Malmo where they also enjoyed Saunas (I think its a huge Finnish thing, but Scandinavian and part of the Balkans its pretty huge too).. they eat pretty salty foods. Not that swedish food is bad at all, but they do like their canned fish, pickles, fish roe... maybe that makes up for it?
    Its common to have salty foods, like sausage and mustard, after a sauna yes.

Sorry “break down” is a poor choice of words. Improve mobilization of the particles is more accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Pure marketing BS - please read the Atlantic article.

Sweating is good yes - but claiming that a specific IR heat is somehow breaking down fat cells, in a better way that regular sweating, is BS.
    I read the article, but please read multiple studies that I’ve also posted.
    Then search google scholar and you’ll find many more.

At the end of the day, believe what you want!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

at the end of the day, you ll find evidence to support whatever you want!
    ftfy
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    ftfy
    You’re not wrong. The same can be said for just about every topic out there.
    Although I pride myself in being open minded enough to learn multiple perspectives before coming to a conclusion about something.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah, we all think that about ourselves and wonder why others aren't as open minded.

My Ride

At the end of the day, believe what you want!
    There was absolutely fuck all I saw where FAR IR specifically, is somehow vastly superior to regular sweating from a regular hot sauna. Your articles talked about sweating and some of the benefits.

The Atlantic article said the same thing, there is zero evidence for far IR being special somehow.

Lol, goodnight fellas

My Ride
    TypeR

The problems with the articles you posted is they dont actually have tests done with measurements. I would love to see some blood work or something that actually shows it removing the metals and how much.

Regardless if it does or not, its not detoxing your body the way he thought and you are not gonna sweat out a bad diet.

Glad to hear he is actually taking initiative and figuring this out.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

OP, when you are doing your sauna. How long do you stay in there for..? and how often are you doing this..?
    My reason for asking is the length of time effects type of sweat on how your body detoxes itself.

The Covid stuff probably is not helping on a subconscious level either. Tracking your heart can create a loop where just by looking at it, it can go up and up. It does not help.

I had two/three similar instances over the years where my blood pressure and heart rate would go crazy. One was physical, the other was due to a log term sickness thus in turn effected my mental health (I saw cardiologist's etc).

As others have posted..If you are sweating a lot and using heat(Sauna). You HAVE to replace your salts and minerals. If these go out of whack. You body will adapt to regulate itself but it can only do so much and for so long. Then shit starts to go weird.

I used to do hot yoga a lot. I was the sweatiest guy there. I cant stress enough having to replace your salts and minerals. Drinking electrolights can only do so much. I would use more salt in food (sea salt), eat more bananas and change my diet a bit(seaweed). That helped.
    As others have said ditch the pre-workout drinks and caffeine.
    If you are able to, check your potassium levels. Ive had severe fatigue attacks due to a long term sickness where heart rate, blood pressure would go off the charts and ive ended up in emergency a few times. Potassium was one of the key markers.

The heart rate goes down over a period of time.

I'm a pretty avid user of my Sauna and had one for almost a decade - however in the last month, I've used it excessively as I've perceived anecdotally that I have used it to short cold/flus in the past, and even warded them off if I caught something early.

You are BANG on - I recognize why ER and my own GP missed the signs. I hydrate like crazy- usually drinking enough water to accommodate 5 cups of black coffee and espresso a day. But I hydrate with just water, maybe the odd flavor enhancer.

I didn't have any of the Dehydration signs in terms of sunken eyes, lack of moisture in the skin/lips and when asked, yes I drink like a gallon of water a day easy.

At the office, I'll usually have breakfast - simple 3 eggs, dry toast, peanut butter, sometimes bacon or sausage and tomatoes... but its all usually seasoned. However at home.. the wife is adamant on a high veg/fiber diet with limited fat, sodium and carb limited.

That means often just coffee for intermittent fasting, maybe maybe a salad with protein, a smoothie with protein powder and a protein with a very complex starch, with root vegs.

Do that for 30+ days, and sitting in a Sauna for 35+ hours (losing almost 1.5 liters of sweat per hr) - You NEED Salt

Maybe a sign that I could use more salt is that I'm almost low BP now with a sub 120/80 HR.

It actually wasn't until a friend who owns a health food store was like... do you have cold feet and do you have muscle twitches at night? I realized... yup, was getting chills and my body would have the odd jerk or jolt.

Ok... he gave me some therapy for my "weight" (which I cross referenced with my auntie Pharmacist) - Take 1G magnesium malmate, careful on potassium but 500mg, and a general electrolyte with calcium and sodium bicarbonate.

I started taking this on Thursday evening and wow... my HR went down immediately, BP was consistent. Friday, HR went down lower, didn't feel as cold at night and no twitches. Fast forward to today, 114/68 RHR 61 - my norm, and I felt great.

In fact I felt so great, I did some stress testing by doing some workout in the AM... light cardio, light weights to tonight where I actually was able to push almost to the same intensity as I normally would.

Can't believe that I experienced an acute bout just because of an electrolyte imbalance. I always thought that shit was voodoo.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Great to hear and keep well. That is a relieve.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Tell you wife to settle down on the food a bit. Add some salt to all those meals.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Not to continue random derails but low fat is just not healthy for you either, just eat the right fat.

All this sauna talk has me in mine more again haha. Some hippy thing I used to do, which I may again, is just having a huge chunk of Himalayan salt in a glass jar full of water and having a tablespoon of it a day.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Not to continue random derails but low fat is just not healthy for you either, just eat the right fat.

All this sauna talk has me in mine more again haha. Some hippy thing I used to do, which I may again, is just having a huge chunk of Himalayan salt in a glass jar full of water and having a tablespoon of it a day.
    Its been an interesting few weeks.

Over the last couple weeks, my BP normalized and I got back into doing some bike riding and lifting (Bowflex)...

RHR while working was coming down to be the mid 70's which is perfectly acceptable after a couple cups of tea and stress... (sitting) - however on Friday, I did some weighted chin-ups (which I started doing again a while back) and boom. HR spiked right up and sat >124 for about an hour and sat well above 100 for an additional 5 hours.

Took until today to "normalize"

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Have you upped your salt intake?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast