Quantcast
In the 2008 recession, is there any Honda dealership went belly up in Calgary? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: In the 2008 recession, is there any Honda dealership went belly up in Calgary?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

And I wonder what user has posted the most in the last month. Alas such records are lost to the mists of time...
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    And I wonder what user has posted the most in the last month. Alas such records are lost to the mists of time...
    I don’t need a forum stats aggregator to tell you that one
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I don’t need a forum stats aggregator to tell you that one
    It's obvious, isn't it?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Mitsubishi had the best selling electric vehicle in Canada. Not sure if that's still true.
    The Outlander PHEV is the best selling plug in. So they have that now.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

How is this any different than the "Recession Deal" thread? Same shit, people looking for deals due to the "recession". While I don't agree with the whole take advantage due to the dealer possibly closing, some of the responses are hilarious, and paying more for something cause you feel bad? C'mon now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    How is this any different than the "Recession Deal" thread? Same shit, people looking for deals due to the "recession". While I don't agree with the whole take advantage due to the dealer possibly closing, some of the responses are hilarious, and paying more for something cause you feel bad? C'mon now.....
    I actually do quite often if I like the person I am dealing with or they are helpful etc. Not in the “you want $6.00 for it so I give you $10.00” way, but more the “it is $6.00... He is a $10.00... Keep the change” way... What is unusual about that?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

You just kind of agreed with responses you thought were hilarious lol. Not everyone wants to capitalize on the misfortune of others and see people or businesses fail to save a few bucks. Some people are perfectly fine paying a fair market price for good service and putting money back into local economy. I personally find threads like this in bad taste as it's focussing on a business going belly up to get a good deal which is not the same as the Recession Deal thread which is based on good deals available in the market due to a downturn in the economy. You can still get a good deal on a used car without the seller getting left upside down.
    Last edited by heavyD; 04-13-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    You just kind of agreed with responses you thought were hilarious lol. Not everyone wants to capitalize on the misfortune of others and see people or businesses fail to save a few bucks. Some people are perfectly fine paying a fair market price for good service and putting money back into local economy. I personally find threads like this in bad taste as it's focussing on a business going belly up to get a good deal which is not the same as the Recession Deal thread which is based on good deals available in the market due to a downturn in the economy. You can still get a good deal on a used car without the seller getting left upside down.
    Didn't rip the guy in this thread, or anyone in the other. My point was its the same shit. Why is one different than the other.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Didn't rip the guy in this thread, or anyone in the other. My point was its the same shit. Why is one different than the other.
    As I explained it's not the same shit.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

What if.... instead of some Honda dealership, it was....House of Cars?

OP doesn't seem like a native English speaker, I'd cut him some slack here. He probably didn't mean it that way.

Side note, there's at least a couple of shady Honda dealers in town...I've been contacted a couple times now from some fucks at Honda West over the years (they're used car stock seems to be shared with Airdrie Honda, to me, they're no different than House if Cars), trying to offer me dick all for my car on kijiji, basically trying to prey on me thinking I was desperate to sell. So if they go out business, I would play the world's smallest violin for them.
    Last edited by 370Z; 04-13-2020 at 10:41 PM.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post

OP doesn't seem like a native English speaker, I'd cut him some slack here. He probably didn't mean it that way.

Side note, there's at least a couple of shady Honda dealers in town...I've been contacted a couple times now from some fucks at Honda West over the years (they're used car stock seems to be shared with Airdrie Honda, to me, they're no different than House if Cars), trying to offer me dick all for my car on kijiji, basically trying to prey on me thinking I was desperate to sell. So if they go out business, I would play the world's smallest violin for them.

I agree, -1 for HW

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Bought our odyssey from HW. Got a good deal, but the whole experience was gross. Also, thier service department was awful too. I now get service at T&T and it's a lot better.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    As I explained it's not the same shit.
    I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post

Airdrie Honda and T&T Honda have the same owner and are not affiliated with Honda West in any way. Not sure how you perceive Honda West and Airdrie Honda share the same used inventory.

My Ride
    *The First*

Hey look!
    It's this thread:

Name:  Screenshot_20200414-181758_Firefox.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  57.1 KB

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Quote Originally Posted by LUV2REV View Post
    Airdrie Honda and T&T Honda have the same owner and are not affiliated with Honda West in any way. Not sure how you perceive Honda West and Airdrie Honda share the same used inventory.
    Oh I just remember years ago seeing the same car for sale under both dealerships' websites.

My Ride
    X3

I disagree.
    Not to speak for for heavyD, but I think the difference he's saying is, the recession deal is based on business' throwing deals out there to move inventory, keep the lights on and keep people employed.
    OP is waiting for a bankruptcy to buy from a receiver/bank.

In the first situation, the business still exists, employs people and the money goes into the local economy. In the second, OP "wins" and everyone loses.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Found the OP

Name:  yn1gxtos7xj21.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  47.9 KB
    Last edited by msommers; 04-16-2020 at 12:44 AM.
    Ultracrepidarian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2