Quantcast
Covid-19/Mental Health Anyone Else Having Trouble? - Page 15 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19/Mental Health Anyone Else Having Trouble?

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you are pretty bang on here man... While many people are excited to get back to "normal", for many of us I think this entire thing has demonstrated how much we were never happy with "normal" and now it feel like aspects will be a slide backwards and not forwards. I know for me it can feel like that.
    Man so much truth to this and I can even feel it myself in that I am trying to do things differently to be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Still looking in that direction. If my wife would just agree to follow her dreams instead of playing safe with employment.
    Well my place may end up on the market if we end up deciding to make a move to warmer climates in the relative near future... The working from home thing is making me think!

My Ride
    *The First*

I'm just missing satisfaction from performing a valuable service that the customers wants, needs, and asked for. That would be incredibly satisfying unless the customer complains about the bill (which matches the budget with no surprises) and takes forever to pay and asks for all sorts of clarifications and extras that were specifically excluded, or their direction.
    Oh and my other fave is complaining that the expensive gal was expensive after they called/emailed/texted her a thousand times to get answers because she has the answers and thus, is expensive. It's like you had the VW in your driveway, but you took the Rolls Royce to work all month and now you're surprised that it needs 120L of premium fuel, a detail job and a $2k oil change. You told me you wanted the Golf. I provided you the Golf. And you took the Roller.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Name:  6DCC2A76-99D6-42A6-953D-5B88AFE9A236.jpeg
Views: 291
Size:  264.8 KB
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

I'm doing pretty crappy.

Everybody's aged like 10 years when I see them again.

I think we're in for another year of this madness.

My Ride
    Trucks

Any other introverts in this thread?? Thoughts on the current situation?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Do you guys think it is because people thought it was going to be "over" since the vaccine was announced?
    People did not realize how slow things get rolled out. Essentially all of 2021 would be a write-off, so people expecting things would be "normal" when really we're still in the middle of it in 2021.

I am an introvert and to be honest, it doesn't really bug me. I'd argue that life for me has been somewhat better because I'd be commuting back and forth to work 5 days a week if it wasn't for Covid, just to be with people who I don't need to see in person.
    The only thing that sucks is traveling and not being able to see friends and family in person as frequently (no indoors), but with take-out still available, my life hasn't really changed all that much.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 05-13-2021 at 10:50 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    It's why I've been largely unaffected (socially) from this. While I miss going out for wings every few weeks, it's not something that's tearing me apart.

Now if Beyond, and my other regular forum had shut down during this, I may have had a bigger issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    100% introvert. I deal with people and the world out of necessity not of a want.

Even with that said... I do miss having the option to sit down in a quiet pub for a drink or see a movie here or there.

I have also extended a reach out to people we know that are dealing with tough times just to talk or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Do you guys think it is because people thought it was going to be "over" since the vaccine was announced?
    People did not realize how slow things get rolled out. Essentially all of 2021 would be a write-off, so people expecting things would be "normal" when really we're still in the middle of it in 2021.

I am an introvert and to be honest, it doesn't really bug me. I'd argue that life for me has been somewhat better because I'd be commuting back and forth to work 5 days a week if it wasn't for Covid, just to be with people who I don't need to see in person.
    The only thing that sucks is traveling and not being able to see friends and family in person as frequently (no indoors), but with take-out still available, my life hasn't really changed all that much.
    I never expected 2021 to be better and figured it would be at least 2022 before things were back to a "normal" we can handle or sustain. I do believe those who felt more optimistic are being hit harder.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Now if Beyond, and my other regular forum had shut down during this, I may have had a bigger issue.
    This.

My Ride
    Trucks

Ya, these are my sentiments as well. Life hasn't really changed, greatly improved in some circumstances like traffic and shopping. Fortunately my work situation hasn't been affected and I'm still out at different locations daily and keeping busy, but it has been tough for my extrovert stay-at-home wife and little kids. Especially the kids not spending time with extended family and all the group sports / activities being missed. My oldest is just in Grade 1 so home schooling is not a big deal yet.
    Last edited by Darell_n; 05-13-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Cases should just fall off a cliff once enough of the right people are vaccinated.

I can suffer through a lot, I've always had a somewhat shitty life anyhow.

It's just seeing my kids losing their activities and schooling. It's astounding to see how flippantly teachers and the school boards treat teaching.

Depressing to see just how easily people are manipulated and how fear has taken over so quickly.

And of course we've been losing customers from bankruptcies, amalgamations and contracts ending. Had to layoff a few people, that's always awful as a business owner.
    Last edited by suntan; 05-13-2021 at 11:07 AM.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

I think it is more stressful but the nicer weather and more daylight seems to help.

I don't sleep in as much lately, but that is ok. As long as you get enough sleep in general.

I find doing a bit around the house keeps me happy, whether it is just keeping the house clean or doing some chores so it's not like I did "nothing" today. Small home improvements here and there, some gardening in the backyard, etc...
    I do agree our mood is improved when we do things we enjoy, or even being productive. Helping someone, making the kids happy, making wife happy. Making a difference in general in small or big forms.

I'm pretty introverted too. Between skiing all winter, house projects and seeing the odd friend or family here and there not much has changed in my day-to-day life. I'm pretty fortunate that way. I know i'm pretty quiet on here, mostly just reading the different forums but if anyone needs someone to talk to feel free to reach out.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    People are having a hard time with a fear of the return to normal - which I think might be what a lot of people are feeling here.
    I told my wife this last summer. I think the return to normal will be harder than the past year has been.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Cagare View Post
    I told my wife this last summer. I think the return to normal will be harder than the past year has been.
    Yeah, I never thought of that, either. If I was introverted-as-shit, I bet I'd be pretty nervous about having to jump back into the same rat race.

My Ride
    G37X

I would say the first year for me wasn't too bad at all. Lately, remembering to wear a piece of cloth over my face every time I go into a business is really getting old. Same with Zoom meetings and just too much screen time in general. Trying to take a serious break from it when possible. Find that I'm grinding my teeth more often, wear a mouth guard at night for that reason. Racing heart and adrenal fatigue symptoms for sure. Went for a nice long walk around the neighborhood with no phone/electronic crap. Felt so much better. Going to make that a routine. Also playing guitar more often. Days kind of blend together, feels like time is moving incredibly fast. I think the key is staying away from fat food, getting sun exposure, outdoor exercise even a brisk walk and anything that doesn't involve screen time or things beeping at you.

My Ride
    ute

We're only a third of the way through the year, and haven't seen the benefit of the vaccination program on the larger population (so far we're only seeing a reduction in ded old people). Things will be significantly different by the end of the summer.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Ive definitely had a harder time over the last 6 months. Feels like whenever things are getting better they quickly get worse and we are pushed back a few steps. Really discouraging and tough to try and look forward to something positive when it keeps happening over and over. With friends, I find it harder to have active discussions, as people are getting edgier and more opinionated and I hate having to tip toe around discussions to keep people happy. On top of that, I have been losing faith in government in the media more and more each day. It seems like every day the story changes and cant help but feel like we are getting a complete unbiased picture of anything. One of the best things Ive done is to try and scrub out various social media feeds to reduce my frustration and temptation to argue with people. Its just not worth it.
    I was really looking forward to summer outdoor sports and having those taken away was another big blow. Not just for the social aspect, but exercise and taking out some built up frustration through competition.

For work, there hasnt been much of anything positive in 12+ months, and the majority of my job lately has been being a doormat for clients bitching and complaining. Been back downtown since June, and its been up and down constantly in terms of work, people and activity. Certainly dont see any big rebound happening anytime soon! Downtown has defintely lost all of the 'hustle and bussle action' even when walking around.

My Ride
    ute

People losing confidence in the gov't and the MSM is one of the good things to come out of all of this.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast