Quantcast
Covid-19/Mental Health Anyone Else Having Trouble? - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19/Mental Health Anyone Else Having Trouble?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

That truly blows.

My Ride
    4x4

I think I'll be booking a padded room soon.

#berta!

I kinda want the NDP back.
    Last edited by AndyL; 11-25-2020 at 11:40 AM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I kinda want the NDP back.
    Wow, you aren't kidding about the padded room..... Yikes, hope shit works out Andy!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Sorry to hear. Andy.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    You have such an adorable doggo!!

The alternative is single like me, working 12 hours a day, going from home to work and work to home, no sports, no social, nothing. FML Definitely would have gone crazy if it weren't for sitcoms, music and podcasts lol

I was using up to 100mg of thc nightly to help me cope and then I hit rock bottom, said fk it, went cold turkey, didn't sleep for over a week .... I think I have turned the corner
    I hear ya brother.
    It was a bit weird at first in the early part of the year. Walking out from my makeshift office/spare room and into my living area after work (Condo). No real transition between work and home. That was a bit odd. Really fucking odd. No real transition between work and home life. That being said I found it weird as fuck living in Calgary and having a 10-20 minute commute as opposed to a 1.5hr commute from London. That fucked with my head for a few years when I moved here (still does at times). I'd get home with the evening still ahead of me.
    Then there was the whole process of being alone for such extended periods. Its not natural or healthy.
    I got into the work from home thing and and by summer it was okay. But last few months I have been off with disability and I split up with my gf. NZWasp was kind to temporary lend me a gaming laptop. I tried playing games online and I don't seem to have the same focus or interest like I did in my 20's or 30's. Is this a age thing with gaming..?

It gets even more weird as days merge into each other and it feels like time starts to speed up. I tried connecting with some friends back in the UK, but nobody really has the time for a conversation anymore. Like the type of convo over a pint and a packet of crisps. When the convo or video chat does happen its great. But gone are the days of giving just a phonecall.
    A friend of mine in the UK is going through Cancer. She is struggling, I dont think she is getting great support from her husband. She seems to find a bit of focus and support from me. But there is only so much one can do from across the Atlantic.

Also sibling of mine in the UK is very sick. She has form of lung cancer and possibly going towards palliative care now. But its hard to say due to lack of information being given out by her children and her family. The sickness also does strange things to the mind. A form of denial and exotic ideas form and family is pushed away. It does mess with my head a bit that there is a very strong possibility that I wont see my sister again and there is not much I can do. Our siblings are one of the only few connections to we really are, our past, our story, our meaning to any existence to the short time we have here. Travel restrictions and covid is obviously not helping. I can't fly to see my parents this xmas. Xmas this year is going to be weird.

I signed up to Dazn so I can at least watch the Soccer. I got a basic fire stick so I can have it all on one interface. I might get a VPN, watch some UK shows maybe.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    I hear ya brother.
    It was a bit weird at first in the early part of the year. Walking out from my makeshift office/spare room and into my living area after work (Condo). No real transition between work and home. That was a bit odd. Really fucking odd. No real transition between work and home life. That being said I found it weird as fuck living in Calgary and having a 10-20 minute commute as opposed to a 1.5hr commute from London. That fucked with my head for a few years when I moved here (still does at times). I'd get home with the evening still ahead of me.
    Then there was the whole process of being alone for such extended periods. Its not natural or healthy.
    I got into the work from home thing and and by summer it was okay. But last few months I have been off with disability and I split up with my gf. NZWasp was kind to temporary lend me a gaming laptop. I tried playing games online and I don't seem to have the same focus or interest like I did in my 20's or 30's. Is this a age thing with gaming..?

It gets even more weird as days merge into each other and it feels like time starts to speed up. I tried connecting with some friends back in the UK, but nobody really has the time for a conversation anymore. Like the type of convo over a pint and a packet of crisps. When the convo or video chat does happen its great. But gone are the days of giving just a phonecall.
    A friend of mine in the UK is going through Cancer. She is struggling, I dont think she is getting great support from her husband. She seems to find a bit of focus and support from me. But there is only so much one can do from across the Atlantic.

Also sibling of mine in the UK is very sick. She has form of lung cancer and possibly going towards palliative care now. But its hard to say due to lack of information being given out by her children and her family. The sickness also does strange things to the mind. A form of denial and exotic ideas form and family is pushed away. It does mess with my head a bit that there is a very strong possibility that I wont see my sister again and there is not much I can do. Our siblings are one of the only few connections to we really are, our past, our story, our meaning to any existence to the short time we have here. Travel restrictions and covid is obviously not helping. I can't fly to see my parents this xmas. Xmas this year is going to be weird.

I signed up to Dazn so I can at least watch the Soccer. I got a basic fire stick so I can have it all on one interface. I might get a VPN, watch some UK shows maybe.
    Cancer is no joke. My girlfriend was diagnosed with breast cancer is May this year and while she is fine now you realize how useless you are and how much you really don't know and even when told or try to learn you still have no clue.

Gaming has been an outlet for me so I think its just a matter of either finding the right game or maybe its not of interest to you and time to take up knitting

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post

I was using up to 100mg of thc nightly to help me cope and then I hit rock bottom,
    I'm no pothead, but isn't that like, a single joint?

My Ride
    2013 328i, 2020 BMW F900 XR

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    My mom went through this a couple of months ago. Her brother (my uncle) went in for a minor surgery to repair a vein in his leg. Next thing we heard was that it didn't work and he only had a couple of weeks to live. She couldn't fly over as she would have to quarantine, and he would most likely be gone by then. He lasted 3 weeks, but eventually lost his life. This was her baby brother, and was her second brother to lose his life suddenly. Her other brother died of a heart attack about 4 years ago.

This year has sucked. This year personally I have had to put my 8 year old dog down, moved houses, was fired in July, and then my uncle. Here's hoping that 2021 at least starts to get better, but I'm not holding out any hope for that.

My Ride
    ute

this thread is a real upper

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

This lockdown is going to be really hard on a lot of people. Let's all try to practice our patience and forgiveness over the next few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This lockdown is going to be really hard on a lot of people. Let's all try to practice our patience and forgiveness over the next few weeks.
    GET THE GOD DAMNED SANTA HAT OFF!!! It's STILL NOVEMBER!

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    I'm no pothead, but isn't that like, a single joint?
    i think it works out to 1.5 joints but I take mine via oils. Perspective when I first started I would be high af off 10mg but tolerance shot up to 100mg to get that desired effect. I only used it to sleep but I guess it got to a point I couldn't quiet my brain and it didn't help anymore so I just said fk it and went cold turkey. It was horrible the withdrawal. Idk but it seems like I can get by with minimal sleep now lol only 3 hours last night for example.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Edge

Our tree has been up for two weeks. Actually helps a bit. You should try it, you seem a bit stressed.

My Ride
    Axis powers

We started Christmas music in the house already
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Only reason the tree is up in our house is because the lady won't be able to see her family in Edmonton at Christmas.

It's really putting me more into a bahhumbug mood.. but its for her.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    Only reason the tree is up in our house is because the lady won't be able to see her family in Edmonton at Christmas.

It's really putting me more into a bahhumbug mood.. but its for her.
    Sorry to hear about the diagnosis.

Also - Stay strong, tigertony!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think I mentioned earlier that I am normally a total scrooge. However, lights are up and on, Christmas music is playing, and Phil has his Santa hat on. Only one of those makes me smile, but the rest don't actually lower my mood, and they make my family happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Exploded.

I know some of you closely because of this forum and if you ever just wanna chat and shoot the shit virtually, I’ll be available. :-)

My Ride

I hope everyone is getting the help they need. Reach out.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    this thread is a real upper
    Did you expect any different from a thread started to discuss difficulty people are having holding it together during all this? If you don't like it, don't enter.

Sorry to hear about all that Andy. At least you are subject to benefits. I'm living 100% off savings right now, and have enough to sustain myself for another 2-3 months. After that, no idea how I'll pay the bills.

Good times.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast