Quantcast
Covid-19/Mental Health Anyone Else Having Trouble? - Page 20 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19/Mental Health Anyone Else Having Trouble?

Getting worse.

Sick of the fear and BS from Covid.
    World Juniors cancelled, and likely new restrictions next week.

Absolute insanity. I feel like we are living in some experimental world.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Am I the only one who is a tiny bit optimistic about all this Omicron crap? More cases, less hospitalizations... Yes I get that this affects many industries and education due to folks catching it a whole lot easier. But at least there is likely not going to be a situation where the ICU is overwhelmed.

Now it's just waiting it out. I will be surprised if we are still WFH come spring.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one who is a tiny bit optimistic about all this Omicron crap? More cases, less hospitalizations... Yes I get that this affects many industries and education due to folks catching it a whole lot easier. But at least there is likely not going to be a situation where the ICU is overwhelmed.

Now it's just waiting it out. I will be surprised if we are still WFH come spring.
    The ICU can for sure be overwhelmed by non-vaccinated people still. We have to wait to find out. Either way, I don't care. I've just been pretending that we don't have hospitals any more.
    Last edited by Buster; 12-29-2021 at 06:34 PM.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post

Probably. I feel Omicron is just feeding a whole new surge and at the slightest sign someone isn't feeling well they are scrambling to find tests. If second vaxxed people are getting Omicron of which seems to be the highest in numbers right now and everyone is saying its just like a small cold or flu.. who cares?

Start of covid was the great toilet paper shortage and now its rapid test kits.

I think people are way overreacting to omicron and just need to chill as I am waiting for the big push to get everyone 3x or 4x vaccinated.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

COVID has basically not effected my happiness at all, I love staying home and doing sports that are outside and solo anyway. I havnt missed a day of work due to restrictions so life’s pretty normally. my wife on the other hand struggles as she is a stay at home mom of 3 with the pressures of home schooling and stresses from other moms complaining.

Any ideas how to help a wife that might be getting worn down for stress and anxiety. She has had a few nights out with the girls but I imagine they just have more COVID talk.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

My mental health basically looks like a chart of crypto prices. Upside is anytime a bad mental day comes by it'll probably be followed by a +20% spike the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    COVID has basically not effected my happiness at all, I love staying home and doing sports that are outside and solo anyway. I havnt missed a day of work due to restrictions so life’s pretty normally. my wife on the other hand struggles as she is a stay at home mom of 3 with the pressures of home schooling and stresses from other moms complaining.

Any ideas how to help a wife that might be getting worn down for stress and anxiety. She has had a few nights out with the girls but I imagine they just have more COVID talk.
    Some video games might help her? There's some slower / silly / casual games that are multiplayer. Maybe she can play with a friend or family member to mix social time that's not just sitting on the phone or facetime.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post

Same here pretty much. I sent my wife downtown to a hotel for the night by herself a few weeks ago, just time to relax with no responsibility or kids yelling. She liked it.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I think the weed gummies have kept her sorta sane this year, mine did the hotel and spa with the girls recently and it seems that treat has already worn off. Working out at home his been her thing too this past year, I’m not sure why she is in a funk I’d just like to help her get out of it. I suggested booking a vacation for April/may so we have something to hopefully look forward to.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Name:  Screenshot_20211231-101748.png
Views: 388
Size:  318.3 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20211231-101812.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  92.6 KB

Listening to old favourite music can lower stress. I suggest Phil Collins Serious Hits Live! Album. No joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20211231-101748.png
Views: 388
Size:  318.3 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20211231-101812.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  92.6 KB

Listening to old favourite music can lower stress. I suggest Phil Collins Serious Hits Live! Album. No joke.
    I can feel it coming in the air

Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    I can feel it coming in the air
    Tonight?? Oh Lord...

I found that weed edibles, tinctures, and CBD really helped me. If I was starting to feel sick or down I would have some CBD tinctures to calm me down! These are my go to guys and they have same day delivery: https://www.supherbscanada.store/ref/19239/

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

For me, the weed stuff is good for an escape of you get tired of booze, but no positive longer term effect.
    The shrooms are probably going to be a weekly thing for me for a while, find they help for many days afterwards.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by JAARemedy View Post
    I found that weed edibles, tinctures, and CBD really helped me. If I was starting to feel sick or down I would have some CBD tinctures to calm me down! These are my go to guys and they have same day delivery: https://www.supherbscanada.store/ref/19239/
    MIA for over 7 years and comes back to recommend this store hey... not suspect at all lol!

My Ride
    Toyota’s

For me, the weed stuff is good for an escape of you get tired of booze, but no positive longer term effect.
    The shrooms are probably going to be a weekly thing for me for a while, find they help for many days afterwards.
    Microdosing? I just started SSRI's but if they don't do anything I'm gonna try that

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah, I have a few dosages. 100mg, 200, 350, 1000 mg. Never done more than 100.

SSRIs did not agree with me. Hated them.

I agree on shrooms as well. Microdosing is a very good mood enhancer!

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

I'm about to start having issues if we get locked down a la Ontario and Quebec again...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have a family member who seems to have totally snapped. The fear in the media and from politicians is getting to her, she's scared to get groceries now. The disruption to the school schedule is fucking up her work, and she's now considering quitting her job before she gets fired, which she cannot afford to do, to handle it all.

I have a lot of thoughts about all that, but haven't yet been able to talk her through this. Very unfortunate, and it's weighing on me and the rest of her family as well.

My Ride
    *The First*

Shutting schools is the biggest "lockdown" thing the government can do. It is catastrophic for anyone (employed) with kids under 12.
    It's the worst move the government could make - the giant, red "DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON!"
    And they're about to push it.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast