Quantcast
300 Car Barn Find/Collection - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 300 Car Barn Find/Collection

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No need to be jealous brother. Sometimes I wish I wasn't like this and I'd likely have enough savings to retire now. Haha. Everyone is different so ultimately you gotta do whatever works best for you.

I have nothing against people keeping cars for extended periods of time. I just personally don't like it when people will 'store' cars over winter - especially cars that aren't really anything that special. But I understand not everyone wants to drive their Aston Martin's and what not through the winter like I have been. I have a buddy who has a 2013 or 2014 E63 AMG that he bought used a year or two ago. Sure a very nice car by all means - but does it really need to be completely stored in winter and do you really need to make Instagram posts about how you miss it and can't wait to drive it in the summer? Like fuck off.

As you&me said; if something is actually a collectible then sure I guess (although knowing me I wouldn't) but just cause you like a car or even if it's an expensive car that does not in itself make it a collectible.
    Just because someone’s car isn’t expensive or “collectible” in your opinion doesn’t mean It isn’t important to them. Maybe their lowly used AMG Is the nicest car that they will be able to afford and they want to keep it in great shape.

This post makes you come off as a real dick.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    Just because someone’s car isn’t expensive or “collectible” in your opinion doesn’t mean It isn’t important to them. Maybe their lowly used AMG Is the nicest car that they will be able to afford and they want to keep it in great shape.

This post makes you come off as a real dick.
    lol 1000% makes him seem like a douche.. just because it’s not a brand new Aston doesn’t mean it doesn’t have huge value to someone else.

That’s the difference between a car guy and a rich guy with cars...

My Ride
    This and that.

Haha I don't mean to sound like a dick or a douche and everyone who knows me know that I am the farthest thing from it. Perhaps the post didn't read the way I had intended it. It's nothing to do with the kind of car you have or how much it cost. My beef is with the whole concept of purchasing a car to simply store it over an extended period of time and not actually enjoying it. Maybe I am just jealous of the patience that some people have, I don't know.

I guess perhaps some people enjoy looking at a vehicle more than actually driving it so to each their own. For me, I don't care about the value of the car, it could be 20K or 2mil, I personally don't see the point of getting a vehicle and not actually driving it. I am nowhere near the point where if something shitty was to happen to my car due to winter driving, I wouldn't care or would just put up the expense without concern. In fact quite the opposite. I am planning on driving to Calgary next weekend for service that's likely not going to be cheap and I have heart palpitations thinking about it, haha. That being said, I am not going to let that stop me from actually enjoying the car and keep it sitting in the garage for 8 months out of 12.

Like I said before; people like what they like and everyone has the right to govern themselves based on their own thought process. Mine has nothing to do with the cost of the car or the amount of money someone has. I am not saying if someone has an AMG they are stupid to store it because it is cheaper and if someone has a Lambo it is okay to store it cause it's more expensive. I am saying that they should both be driven (rather than stored) regardless as that is how you are meant to enjoy a car.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 04-14-2020 at 08:59 PM.

There are a wide variety of reasons why people collect things. Some people do it for the "good feelings" that owning and operating provides (think Jay Leno). Some people are in it for the rush of acquiring a rare possession. The owner of this collection doesn't seem to follow a "theme" at all, just buy something every 60 days for 50 straight years. Some cool stuff, some not.

Is Greenpeace gonna give this guy a trophy for keeping 30 Million miles of ecological damage off the road system or what? I'm not ok with that, let those cars see the sun again (yes even the Chevys). It brings me joy to hear that some of these cars will find loving owners, but some will end up stashed away again and never driven. Calgary is a hotbed of that.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

For anyone interested - https://foryournextcar.com/

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    For anyone interested - https://foryournextcar.com/
    Thanks for sharing the link.

Oh man, were the "Gallery" and "See Collection" links a massive let down haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2