Quantcast
What a F*N week - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: What a F*N week

My Ride
    2013 328i, 2020 BMW F900 XR

Default What a F*N week

So a week before the shit hit the fan, we put our house on the market. Thankfully last Sunday we got an offer and it should close this Friday. So that was a plus. The Monday after, we were out walking our dogs when our big dog suddenly came up lame and couldn't walk. She had ACL surgery on that same leg in December and was still limping a bit. Now she couldn't put any weight on it at all. My wife ran back and got the car and we brought her home. That night she was in some distress. The next day she seemed better, but still couldn't put any weight on it. After a long discussion between my wife and I, we decided that it was her time to go. She has arthritis, she had hip surgery 5 years ago and literally has no ball socket on both her hips, and we suspect that she has Char-Pei fever, at non curable condition. We made an appointment with the vet and had her put to sleep on Tuesday. Now we needed to find a house in this crazy new environment and dealing with the loss of our beloved puppy. We sent all of Friday looking at house and nothing really stood out. We saw another house on Saturday and were ready to put an offer in, but decided to sleep on it. Thank goodness we did. We found a home last night that fits us better and it was just down the street from that last house. This morning we are putting an offer in!! I am emotionally drained. The highs of selling our home to the agony of losing a loved and cherished companion to the joy of finding the perfect house for my wife and I.

And just because I haven't bawled enough this week, here's a picture of our lost companion:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

wow, that is an awful lot to handle on top of the current world craziness. Best wishes, and treat yourself gently.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Best wishes e-friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

I feel ya. We went through the same sort of termoil with the addition of a new city and job. Moved to Medicine Hat in sept and after a long 4 months on the market, sold our house Jan 1. Bought a house and closed April 1. All while the 4 of us (including 1 year old) were living in my moms basement. Right in the middle of that we had to rehome our family pup because he was biting at the baby. Talk about a tough choice.

Sometimes it feels overwhelming but then i look at our situation compared to A LOT of others right now. We have (meaning I) have first world problems right now. You'll get through this and be stronger for it.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Really sorry to hear that man. It’s an unbelievable pain to have to let go of an animal.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Sorry to hear. I can only imagine how hard it was on you guys to make that decision but it sounds like it was definitely her time.

My Ride

Thanks everyone. It was her time, at least that's what we try and tell ourselves. When she was 1 year old, she was diagnosed with hip dysplasia and arthritis. The vet at the time was leaning heavily to putting her to sleep then (never saw that vet again). We got her the surgery and she lived another 6.5 years. Still getting used to her being gone. Our other dog seems to be fine with it, but she was a jealous dog anyway.
    Last edited by gmc72; 04-15-2020 at 09:07 AM.

My Ride
    This and that.

Sorry to hear about that. It's so unfortunate. I absolutely adore dogs and would have one (or more) in a heartbeat but the inevitable pain when they die is likely the biggest reason I don't take the plunge. Always grew up with dogs and I remember as a kid, it was extremely difficult when that happened and I just don't want to deal with that ever again.

On the other side and if you can call it that, you are extremely lucky to have sold your house so quickly in this market. Shit hit the fan now, but I've had a house listed that'll be coming up to 6 months in two days without any offers. With the current economical situation, along with things like that unsold house, current home we are living in and all the other expenses etc., it's all a bit fuckin' nuts and can feel overwhelming.

It is what it is - you just gotta stay strong and push through it. You will never forget her but you learn to cope with it. All you can do is focus on the future.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 04-14-2020 at 10:45 AM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Sorry to hear about that. It's so unfortunate. I absolutely adore dogs and would have one (or more) in a heartbeat but the inevitable pain when they die is likely the biggest reason I don't take the plunge. Always grew up with dogs and I remember as a kid, it was extremely difficult when that happened and I just don't want to deal with that ever again.

On the other side and if you can call it that, you are extremely lucky to have sold your house so quickly in this market. Shit hit the fan now, but I've had a house listed that'll be coming up to 6 months in two days without any offers. With the current economical situation, along with things like that unsold house, current home we are living in and all the other expenses etc., it's all a bit fuckin' nuts and can feel overwhelming.

It is what it is - you just gotta stay strong and push through it. You will never forget her but you learn to cope with it. All you can do is focus on the future.
    Yeah, we were really lucky to sell it. Didn't really take a bit hit on it either, only $12000 under our asking price, but $12000 above their initial offer.

We ordered a frame with a hanger for her collar, and we'll be getting it put together in the next few weeks. I hear you about losing a dog. We are slowly getting over the sadness associated with it, but still miss her incredibly.

Sorry to hear that man... Dogs are life!

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I'm sorry for your loss dude. So tough to let go.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    95B

Sorry to hear that. I know it is tough , I know the pain.
    At least she is no longer in pain.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Condolences to your furry companion.

Hope everything works out with the house, and hopefully upwards from here for you. Keep your chin up.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

So sorry to hear. We've been through that many times, always so hard.