Quantcast
Patio Furniture - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Patio Furniture

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

We were at Superstore last night and noticed they have started clearing their patio stuff. Specifically they had their generic patio furniture covers on sale. It was $30 for one that would cover 2 single chair, or $41 for one that covers a 6-person dining table. Seems pretty affordable and might be cheaper than making your own?

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We were at Superstore last night and noticed they have started clearing their patio stuff. Specifically they had their generic patio furniture covers on sale. It was $30 for one that would cover 2 single chair, or $41 for one that covers a 6-person dining table. Seems pretty affordable and might be cheaper than making your own?
    Yeah I think hacking up some bbq covers will be my fallback option, will keep an eye out for some cheap ones

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    I'll piggy back off this thread

Has anyone every sourced some waterproof/vinyl material to make their own patio covers? I have a couple wooden rocking chairs that I'd like to have a waterproof covering, along with a fire table that just came with a very basic cover that isn't waterproof at all.

Going to start calling around but figured I'd check on here as well.
    Good covers are very cheap - what size do you need? You may not have to make your own.

Look on Amazon for "Duck" covers, they make almost every size you can think of including fire table covers in a various sizes:
    https://www.amazon.ca/Duck-Covers-Ul...s%2C185&sr=8-6

Costco has a bunch too, including chair covers:
    https://www.costco.ca/classic-access...100491674.html

I actually have one of each of those covers (not those sizes though) and they are made extremely well. Great value IMO. 100% waterproof, taped seams, vents, anchors, etc.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Good covers are very cheap - what size do you need? You may not have to make your own.

Look on Amazon for "Duck" covers, they make almost every size you can think of including fire table covers in a various sizes:
    https://www.amazon.ca/Duck-Covers-Ul...s%2C185&sr=8-6

Costco has a bunch too, including chair covers:
    https://www.costco.ca/classic-access...100491674.html

I actually have one of each of those covers (not those sizes though) and they are made extremely well. Great value IMO. 100% waterproof, taped seams, vents, anchors, etc.
    Sweet, bought some of the Duck covers, should do the trick going off my measurements. Thanks for the recommendation!

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    Sweet, bought some of the Duck covers, should do the trick going off my measurements. Thanks for the recommendation!
    You bet. Hope you like them

I'm using a circular fire table cover to protect a round patio chair and it has stood up to all the wind/rain we've had over the past month no problem.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

I've been pretty happy with the Amazonbasics covers

My Ride
    V8s

I'm going to pick up some duck covers or amazonbasics ones as well, great recommendation.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Amazon has a bunch of covers in different shapes and sizes. I bought a "unicook" one for my vertical electric smoker, and it's really nice quality, and heavy fabric. Haven't had it long enough to say about the durability, but initial impression are good anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

I just bought a Sunkorto off of Amazon and I'm thinking it will hold up and last. Very thick material.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Bumping this thread.

Looking for new patio furniture but reading reviews online it seems a lot of the cheaper brands are trash after a year or two of wear and tear.

Wondering where you bought your patio stuff and how has it held up? I'll put it all away for winter or at least under a tarp to protect it but want to find something that'll last a while.

Are there any good brands out there? Seems every store / site has its own private label brand and so hard to tell quality. Is wicker, wood, or metal better to look for? Thanks

We have this and it still looks like brand new after 1.5 years:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/c...2040p.html#srp

Nothing special about it at all but it's made just as well as the stuff we looked at costing 2-3 times as much at specialty patio stores and CT has it perpetually on sale. The table raises to dinner height as well. I leave it out year round with a cover.

We also got a cantilever umbrella from Costco for $700 and it was way higher quality than any of the $1200+ umbrellas we saw everywhere else. It was in-store though so I can't link it. They probably bring them in stock every summer. It was harder to find a good quality umbrella at places like CT, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

Most patio furniture has insane markup, especially the 'fancy' brands, so I would just look for decent stuff on sale at the major box stores.

You can get very good waterproof/vented covers for next to nothing on Amazon (Duck brand) or Costco. Treat them with this stuff if you want to keep them looking like new: https://www.costco.ca/303-outdoor-fa...100179876.html

I personally don't like the thick wicker furniture because they trap a lot of dirt between the weaves and it's usually stupid expensive. I also don't like that most of them sit right on the ground so water/dirt builds up under them more easily and it's more annoying to clean.

As long as you cover it when it's not in use or when it's raining/snowing, even the cheaper stuff will last a really long time. I get the feeling that a lot of patio furniture comes out of the same couple of factories and everyone puts a different label on it.

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Bumping this thread.

Looking for new patio furniture but reading reviews online it seems a lot of the cheaper brands are trash after a year or two of wear and tear.

Wondering where you bought your patio stuff and how has it held up? I'll put it all away for winter or at least under a tarp to protect it but want to find something that'll last a while.

Are there any good brands out there? Seems every store / site has its own private label brand and so hard to tell quality. Is wicker, wood, or metal better to look for? Thanks

It all depends on the materials used and how much sun you get. My parents BBQ cover gets destroyed every 2 years in a south facing.

Metal vs Aluminum
    Sunbrella vs a knockoff brand (price changes but not sure if real life use matters if you maintain it with 303 and store your cushions after use)
    Type of synthetic material
    Cushion thickness (most big box stores have the thinner 3" cushions)

When we were looking you can definitely feel the quality difference between the lower end big box store items and the local specialty patio furniture stores. Some big box stores do carry good quality items but also at the higher price tag.
    You should hit up some of the patio store showrooms around Chinook just to get a feel.

In the end we also just picked up a decent set from Costco. Half the price of other online stores. If they have the set you want in-store you can probably save another few hundred. Had it for a couple years and it still looks new.

Some people just decide to go cheaper and replace it every few years versus the cost of a better set to keep 10+ years. The type of furniture (wood vs metal) would be your own personal preference.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

legit sunbrella fabric is a good investment if you want it to last. It's legit price too though.
    https://barbecuesgalore.ca/collectio...e_deep-seating
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Bumping this thread.

Golden Acre Garden Centre. Stuff will last you forever.

My set was from Sunnyside, cost a lot but I've had it for 10 years and it still looks new.

My Ride
    Silverado

After 1 winter my set above still looks and feels brand new

Anyone have an old patio umbrella frame ?

I bought a new canopy for mine on auction but its a 9 footer and my frame is only 8.

For a project I thought I would try and extend the ribs on mine to match the new canopy.

Is there a scrap yard for patio furniture ??? LOL
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

Where would be a good place to shop for patio furniture on more of a costco budget level, somewhere between the crappy walmart stuff and the expensive toja / golden acre garden centre stuff

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Costco comes to mind?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Costco comes to mind?
    +1 this is going to be right around the budget you are expecting.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

+2 check out Costco.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast