Quantcast
What pissed you off today? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What pissed you off today?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Default What pissed you off today?

This thread is dedicated to the things that are more than just peeves, but don't justify their own thread. Lets try and avoid generic covid related and/or politcal stuff.

I just found out my hottub system is now banned by Health Canada, and I only have 6 months to stock up on an increasingly hard to find chemical. After reading about the concerns with bromine, it has very little to do with hottubs, and more with commercial and industrial uses.

No evidence at all its bad for your health in a private hot tub, but hey, lets ban it anyways, and Health Canada's response is "Well, there's no evidence it isn't bad for your health either."

Fucking pissed because its a much simpler, easier system to maintain.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I am pissed off at your overly positive outlook on life.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am pissed off at your overly positive outlook on life.
    Every yin needs a yang. Extraslow is far too positive these days, with his "say something nice" and "what brings you joy" threads

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This thread is dedicated to the things that are more than just peeves, but don't justify their own thread. Lets try and avoid generic covid related and/or politcal stuff.

I just found out my hottub system is now banned by Health Canada, and I only have 6 months to stock up on an increasingly hard to find chemical. After reading about the concerns with bromine, it has very little to do with hottubs, and more with commercial and industrial uses.

No evidence at all its bad for your health in a private hot tub, but hey, lets ban it anyways, and Health Canada's response is "Well, there's no evidence it isn't bad for your health either."

Have they made it ILLEGAL in Canada?

If they just banned it from stores, ship that shit online. Also. some sellers will relabel items for shipping.

Again, government thinks they know best.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Every yin needs a yang. Extraslow is far too positive these days, with his "say something nice" and "what brings you joy" threads
    Guilty as charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    dumpster trains

So, I have a background in pool mechanics and aquatic operations. To my understanding Bromine was only banned in commercial and public pools. Not privately owned pools. Yes it is more effective that Cl at disinfecting, but again, I thought you could still use it privately.
    Originally posted by speedog
    So more beyond armchair activism at work again?

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Wait, they're restricting bromine? Goddamnit.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuStacy View Post
    So, I have a background in pool mechanics and aquatic operations. To my understanding Bromine was only banned in commercial and public pools. Not privately owned pools. Yes it is more effective that Cl at disinfecting, but again, I thought you could still use it privately.
    From health Canada:
    https://www.canada.ca/en/health-cana...m-bromide.html

(Published 30 November 2018)

In addition, products that are cancelled will be phased-out following the implementation timeline outlined below:

• One (1) year of sale by registrant from the publication date of this decision document, followed by;
    • One (1) year of sale by retailer from the last date of sale by registrant, followed by;
    • One (1) year of permitted use from the last date of sale by retailer.

So the chemical manfucturers/importers stopped selling to retailers last November. Retailers can sell up until Nov.30 this year, and then we can only legally use it in our tubs until Nov.30 2021. Not that anyone will be going around checking hot tub chemicals, but it might make it hard to cross the border with them.

My Ride
    dumpster trains

From health Canada:
    https://www.canada.ca/en/health-cana...m-bromide.html

(Published 30 November 2018)

In addition, products that are cancelled will be phased-out following the implementation timeline outlined below:

• One (1) year of sale by registrant from the publication date of this decision document, followed by;
    • One (1) year of sale by retailer from the last date of sale by registrant, followed by;
    • One (1) year of permitted use from the last date of sale by retailer.

So the chemical manfucturers/importers stopped selling to retailers last November. Retailers can sell up until Nov.30 this year, and then we can only legally use it in our tubs until Nov.30 2021. Not that anyone will be going around checking hot tub chemicals, but it might make it hard to cross the border with them.
    Okay, next question, why are you so set on sodium bromide?

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

So from the Health Canada report, it's just granular bromine containing sodium bromide that's being banned? The bromine tablets don't seem to be listed as banned, and that's my primary concern.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuStacy View Post
    Okay, next question, why are you so set on sodium bromide?
    Ease of maintenance. I rarely have to adjust anything. The bromine generator does it all for me. I can be away from it for a month, or use it everyday and the chemistry is good. Unless some a-hole dumps a side full of beers into it anyways.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

First really nice day, wife decided I needed to reassemble a greenhouse. Said greenhouse had the directions thrown out when built the first time, lost a half dozen kit specific bolts, and was really only meant to be assembled once ever. 6 hours and 2 Home Depot runs later, my Sunday is gone.

Yay marriage
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Grandma died friday night (a lot more to the story, family drama etc.) had issues installing a humidifier on saturday, then woke up sunday and the MR2 charging system has a fault, and i chewed up my hand finding out the fuse is a bolt in. now im waiting for a new fuse because the other one got obliterated. bad weekend overall.

My Ride
    *The First*

Neighbour tries to start 1-ton Ford but its battery is dead. Tries one of those gimmicky mini booster things and that doesn't work either. Connects charger to it and, no shit, tires to start it 3 separate times within the next hour!!! Sir Isaac Newton then finally takes his other unnecessary truck and gives his 1-ton driveway queen a boost. Wow! It starts!
    Pollutes my driveway experience with idling diesel cloud and then finally fucks off somewhere.

I think I'm gonna go get tested because I'm pretty sure this guy is retawdded.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

First nice day of the year and commenced garage cleanup, yard rake/fertilizer etc.. wife decided to ask me for help with shitty little projects 500 times and ruined my chi. Had a goal in mind to get a ton done and did not accomplish said goal. Furniture is moved that wasnt necessary whatsoever.. so theres that.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by civic_stylez View Post
    First nice day of the year and commenced garage cleanup, yard rake/fertilizer etc.. wife decided to ask me for help with shitty little projects 500 times and ruined my chi. Had a goal in mind to get a ton done and did not accomplish said goal. Furniture is moved that wasnt necessary whatsoever.. so theres that.
    Have you considered the benefits of divorce?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Only half covid related.

In Canadian Tire Pacific Place today to pick up some essentials. (And some non). Looking at oil filters. Older guy walks up the aisle and stops directly and abruptly in front of me as I guess he wanted the same brand.

First, I was here before you. Move the fuck over or wait your turn.

Second, at a time like this I don't need you close enough that I can count your individual neck hairs. One foot is not the new six feet.

Even as little as five years ago I would have been vocal. I have learned over time it is less stressful to sometimes let assholes be assholes.

My Ride

Fucking muther fucking Microsoft. I have an old email account I rarely use anymore, with my gmail being the backup for it.

Apparently someone/bot has been trying to hack the account for the past 3 fucking weeks and they don't bother alerting me until AFTER they successfully hack it, and presumably downloaded all my data. WHAT THE FUCK???

Lesson learned. Delete all personal info on old email accounts.

Name:  fuckmicrosoft.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  39.3 KB

My Ride
    dumpster trains

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    Grandma died friday night (a lot more to the story, family drama etc.) had issues installing a humidifier on saturday, then woke up sunday and the MR2 charging system has a fault, and i chewed up my hand finding out the fuse is a bolt in. now im waiting for a new fuse because the other one got obliterated. bad weekend overall.
    Wow, sorry for the loss

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by civic_stylez View Post
    My chi gets ruined about once a day during spring/summer usually

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast