Quantcast
Advice for heavily discounted GLAs at Downtown MB? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for heavily discounted GLAs at Downtown MB?

Quote Originally Posted by yipb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure about its reliability, but these are amazing deals for just leasing. Have fun with it for two years and just return them. Similar to that tlx deal back in 2015
    There was a Cadillac ATS deal for about $250 as well in 2015 when they were trying to clear that stock out
    J

My Ride
    Changes everyday...

The dealership will make $ on maintenance and warranty. There is also a 3 Year Option, I think it is around $280/month.

Imagine how many of these will be in accidents and written off MB will get full residual.

Blah I never got the option to buy pre-paid maintenance. Is that something I can do when I go in to sign the final paperwork and pick up the car? If it's $600 for a service and $300 up front, I'd rather just pay it up front.

Also, does anyone have thoughts on their protection services? I normally find these to be a bit of a scam, but I've never had an MB before and it concerns me how much everything costs on the damn car. They told me the windshield has to be genuine MB on lease return which is $1000 a pop. I succumbed to getting paint film up front as painting the bumper and front fender is supposedly $2500. I expect to hand back the keys in 2 years, so I'd like to limit end costs.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Usually that stuff is all done in the finance office. I like the excessive wear and tear packages. We live in Alberta and windshields are easy to destroy. I could easily also kill tires and brakes in 48k so those 3 alone are more than the wear package. So if there actually is a few dings and dents it’s an easy win

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

someone who get all these packages, please pot up what your actual payments look like. Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Axis powers

The maintenance was done with the sales lady I sat with, it took my payment to 273 all in
    I also signed up for the insurance it covers up to 7500 for tires, windshield, rims (curb rash), and dents, it’s 1600 but I opted to just pay it with my security deposit

There were more packages they offered that got more expensive, they also offered 3M but I’d rather third party it if I go that route, the Mercedes insurance was 2200 and the 3M was 900 I think and it only did front bumper, mirrors and a bit of the hood. The insurance I got is third party but they still offered it through the dealership, she said I could only sign up for it there
    Last edited by adam c; 04-26-2020 at 10:41 AM.
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

https://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content...ish_online.pdf

Classic is what I always go for, and typically come out ahead. That said, no idea what the math looks like for a 2 year lease, I typically do the 39 month term.

For all you getting GLAs, I still have the OEM roof box and mounts from my GLA if anyone wants to buy it off me. I’m using the roof box on my E but want to upgrade to the bigger one.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    https://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content...ish_online.pdf

Classic is what I always go for, and typically come out ahead. That said, no idea what the math looks like for a 2 year lease, I typically do the 39 month term.

For all you getting GLAs, I still have the OEM roof box and mounts from my GLA if anyone wants to buy it off me. I’m using the roof box on my E but want to upgrade to the bigger one.
    I have the big MB box if you want to buy it! Don’t need it with the truck. Little scratched on top, nothing a little colour match vinyl job wouldn’t fix, but it’s also tall enough on a car you can’t see it

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Haha I was literally just looking at cross bars and cargo boxes cause that's a must if I pick one up.

There's a 400 on the website, so I'm assuming the 330 is the smaller one?
    https://www.mercedes-benz-shop.ca/en...8400400?sv=E63

What's the internal volume?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The 400 is the biggest that fits the GLA. I’m looking for the 450.

The number denotes volume in Liters.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    I have the big MB box if you want to buy it! Don’t need it with the truck. Little scratched on top, nothing a little colour match vinyl job wouldn’t fix, but it’s also tall enough on a car you can’t see it
    The 450? I’ll buy it off you if I unload my 400.

Mine is scuffed up top too. Seems like everyone scratches it up installing and uninstalling haha.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

The 450? I’ll buy it off you if I unload my 400.

Mine is scuffed up top too. Seems like everyone scratches it up installing and uninstalling haha.
    Cool, let me know. Mine was from MB... they pulled out of the underground after installing it and it rubbed. Then they ordered the guy a brand new one and never collected this one so he sold it to me

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Cool, let me know. Mine was from MB... they pulled out of the underground after installing it and it rubbed. Then they ordered the guy a brand new one and never collected this one so he sold it to me
    Wanna confirm it’s the 450 and how much you want for it? I’ll make it a zero sum game and let go my 400 + GLA rack for the same price. I’m assuming yours is black?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Yes, black... no idea where to find the size but it’s this big:
    Name:  857AFDAC-E286-433B-BF68-C26D93A8327E.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  35.8 KB

I even have the manual and it doesn’t say anything. Seems to be a 2016 model though? Haha

That’s a lot of pressure, I dunno... $400?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Have to measure it to find out, won’t be able to tell in pictures. The 400 is 190cm in length And 70cm wide, while the 450 is 220cm in length and 80cm wide.

$400 is fair, the boxes are $850 new. Carriers are $475 new. Great deal for anyone that wants the box and carrier for the GLA. The factory carrier has a bump stop for the sunroof so you can crack it open slightly for ventilation.

Assuming you have the 450 that is haha.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by gpomp View Post
    I can't believe these were $50k brand new when a $25k Golf or Mazda3 has a nicer interior. I guess $34k makes it more palatable...
    No kidding. These look like a great deal until you look at the interior. This has to be the most outdated interior you can buy outside of a Nissan Frontier. These vehicles were a misstep for MB but they put a lot more effort into the new A class which appears to be a massive upgrade. No reason to buy one of these unless you are only looking to get a good deal on a marked down new car.
    Last edited by heavyD; 04-27-2020 at 07:51 AM.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

The lack of touchscreen infotainment setup is pretty bad at this day and age, granted the next year models are receiving an update the spinny circle control setup is pretty lame/lackluster for the price point. Other than that I don't mind the interior, nothing to write home about but for an entry level MB, not bad.

We went back and they let us throw our dog in the back of the demo ride and he actually fit pretty well, pondered over doing the trade but going from a CR-V to a crossover sized vehicle and the high interest rate, the deal wasn't enough to pull us in. Alongside the CR-V is almost paid off.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Most people buying the GLA, are just buying the emblem. They don't care what the interior, or exterior styling look like.

As for me, I can't even lease a civic for this cheap, and it's just a daily driver. As I told me wife, I've never been less excited to get a new car.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    No kidding. These look like a great deal until you look at the interior. This has to be the most outdated interior you can buy outside of a Nissan Frontier. These vehicles were a misstep for MB but they put a lot more effort into the new A class which appears to be a massive upgrade. No reason to buy one of these unless you are only looking to get a good deal on a marked down new car.
    It's a badge and I think it's the only AWD with 250lb/ft of torque at this price point.

3 services for $1K if you don't want surprises. Toyota charges the same anywhere for their prepaid package.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think Tik-Tok has this figured out. It's cheap transport, awd with good power in a very small package. Compelling value for someone who wants to be driving a brand new small car.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast