Quantcast
Advice for heavily discounted GLAs at Downtown MB? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for heavily discounted GLAs at Downtown MB?

My Ride
    Axis powers

Mines 273, but I opted in for prepaid maintenance as they aren’t including it anymore, however they still cover 3 months of payments
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I mean, your current ride isn't likely to cost you $6300 in the next two years, so this is likely more expensive, but......

Buuuttt, this is probably one of the cheapest possible ways to be driving a brand new car for 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Axis powers

My ‘youngest’ vehicle is 2011, so this is nice to have luxury and features I don’t currently have
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It's a great deal. I was speaking specifically to Tony, because I know he's cheap like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Definition of budget balling. Love it.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Axis powers

Gotta start somewhere
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I mean, your current ride isn't likely to cost you $6300 in the next two years, so this is likely more expensive, but......

Buuuttt, this is probably one of the cheapest possible ways to be driving a brand new car for 2 years.
    Oh FFS. I wanted a relaxing weekend. This is going to fuck with my head now.
    I was not expecting my Samurai to go this long. I need new winter tyres this year. Electrics are starting to go. I need to do some basic rust work. But... park the Samurai in the parkade nursing home... and then a new car.... A new MERCEDES car for two years..

My Ride
    Axis powers

There was a lot of people there, need to go in by appointment but even then people were walking in without asking about the deals
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Changes everyday...

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Oh thank fuck.

We're all going to have to have a Car2Go meet one day
    Apparently Mercedes Canada is leasing these, I believe open leases are only done through third party lenders. For example the Raptors that were selling a few months ago.
    I probably will have them write it on the contract just for reassurance purposes.

Haha what color did you get? I did not get one. I was looking for my brother and went with him. He got white.

I think I will get the pre-paid maintenance worked into the payment as well. Works out be $264 all in

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by black300 View Post
    Apparently Mercedes Canada is leasing these, I believe open leases are only done through third party lenders. For example the Raptors that were selling a few months ago.
    I probably will have them write it on the contract just for reassurance purposes.

Haha what color did you get? I did not get one. I was looking for my brother and went with him. He got white.

I think I will get the pre-paid maintenance worked into the payment as well. Works out be $264 all in
    White as well. The grey is blah, and I hate owning black cars in this province. (plus the ones I saw needed a serious power polish)

My Ride
    Changes everyday...

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    There was a lot of people there, need to go in by appointment but even then people were walking in without asking about the deals
    Yes, I saw some Asian come in walk-in and they said sorry can't see anyone without an appointment. This was around 4:00pm, he pulled the I tried to "book an appointment but the server was not letting me" I am pretty sure he got to see someone.

For someone who owns a business this is perfect and that is exactly why my brother jumped on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    White as well. The grey is blah, and I hate owning black cars in this province. (plus the ones I saw needed a serious power polish)
    I didn't even get to see the one we were getting, the salesman assured all curb rash, dings and dents will be fixed.

My Ride
    Axis powers

^^ what time were you there? I was there around that time too

I found mine in the parking lot
    Last edited by adam c; 04-25-2020 at 05:40 PM.
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Changes everyday...

I left around 4:45 from the dealership I think. They have lots, some are in the front area where customers parks and they have tons in the back where the gated fence is.

I sat in a black one to get a feel in the fenced area.

Ok. I take it back, closed end lease, like adamc I went with white $273/month tax and prepaid maintenance. First three payments are also waived as an incentive.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

How are the GLAs in terms of long term reliability and maintenance costs, post warranty period?

I keep telling myself I don't need a new vehicle, but damn at these prices they're tempting and I've always really liked the look of them.

Not sure about its reliability, but these are amazing deals for just leasing. Have fun with it for two years and just return them. Similar to that tlx deal back in 2015

edit: only cla can be leased
    Last edited by yipb; 04-26-2020 at 02:14 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

The lease deal is only on the cla, the gla is better to purchase.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    How are the GLAs in terms of long term reliability and maintenance costs, post warranty period?

I keep telling myself I don't need a new vehicle, but damn at these prices they're tempting and I've always really liked the look of them.
    The early models had a rash of transmission problems which was mostly because of the TCU. Ate through clutches way quicker than it should have. That’s all fixed now and doesn’t affect the newer model here. That’s your expensive fix if things break, DCTs aren’t very serviceable. Haven’t heard any long term problems otherwise. We had our 2015 B which had the exact same drivetrain for 4 years and 80k kms, drove the same as it did new. Rock solid.

All the wear items like brakes are available in the aftermarket much cheaper than oem from the dealer. IIRC complete set of discs and pads were like $300 aftermarket vs $1600 from dealer haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The early models had a rash of transmission problems which was mostly because of the TCU. Ate through clutches way quicker than it should have. That’s all fixed now and doesn’t affect the newer model here. That’s your expensive fix if things break, DCTs aren’t very serviceable. Haven’t heard any long term problems otherwise. We had our 2015 B which had the exact same drivetrain for 4 years and 80k kms, drove the same as it did new. Rock solid.

All the wear items like brakes are available in the aftermarket much cheaper than oem from the dealer. IIRC complete set of discs and pads were like $300 aftermarket vs $1600 from dealer haha.
    Thanks @Rage . Maybe I'll go schedule a test drive.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by bigboom View Post
    That has to be an open ended lease. No way MBFS is going to want to take those back in two years at $27K.

Nice that you checked, cause MBFS does have open end leases (They call it Unlimited Kilometre Lease). 260/month close end is a great deal on a 2 year dump it lease. So tempting but i dont need anther car....

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast