Quantcast
Police Operation Impact-Important READ - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Police Operation Impact-Important READ

Hollywood Guest

Thumbs down Police Operation Impact-Important READ

Well the story is the police in southen Alberta are setting up checkstops and doubling it's forces on the street primarly for what you ask?

Drunk drivers?

Yes that would be good;

But instead they are after us...the import fans. They are targeting speeders (which is fine), but also to tear apart your car of it's supposed illegals which include colored bulbs, altezza's, head lights, lowering spings, exhausts, noise...etc

To me this is a excuse for the police to play up the media and the citizens that dislike us. Is this harassment? Yes because they ae targeting a specific group, they say "to stop speeding and to target modifacations" But you know thay are looking for your mods. They are not going to outright say "we are looking for mods on imports" because most people think it would be a waste of money but they throw in the speeding thing and people then think it's a good idea. But your going to be driving along in your honda doing the speed limit and driving perfectly fine and come to one of these check stops, then leaving with a bunch tickets.

>>The beyond meet Oct.6 may be in jeopardy.

P.S. Here is a fact for you, the police do monitor this forum just so you know.

My Ride
    BMW E70

I don't really think its fair to single us out. I think police time is much better spent arresting drunk drivers. Most of us on this board don't even street race, we do it at the track.
    I don't think modifications to a vehicle should be a big deal. Were simply improving the handling of the vehicles. If they want to ticket street racers then the cops should take a drive down to bull shits.

I guess this is just another case of a small group tarnishing the import image for the rest of us.

And yes, most of us know that the cops monitor the forums. Its pretty obvious when your at a meet and a cruiser drives by and slows down when passing by the import group. To them, were cash cows.
    Last edited by HRD2PLZ; 10-04-2002 at 05:59 PM.

My Ride
    AP1

All I got to say is to the cops.
    I remember being pulled over in my ITR by a copy who was in front of me. I was doing the limit and he actually stopped in the middle of MaCleod Trail so that I would pass him going like 30Km/Hr and pull me over for clear corners.
    The police have already targeted imports.
    It's only get worse!
    Now I just keep a sharp eye out for the PoPo and avoid them as much as I can
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Its really sad that a few ricers and irresponsible, immature pricks ruin things for the rest of us. The majority of people on this forum are just trying to make thier cars handle better, stop better and accelerate better, which is actually making the car safer (IF its done right) the majority of people here have a passion for making cars better than the way they come from the factory, its an obsession and a way of life. The majority of people here also think street racing and driving irresponsibly is stupid. Its just bad luck, that's all, we're all guilty by association, which is sad, but just a reality we have to accept if we choose this as our hobby. My advise is to take those clear corners, huge tips and limo tint off your cars, try to make it look as stock as possible and you'll slide by. If its blatantly illegal (even if its a dumb law) than just accept that its doing more trouble than good for you, and take it off your car.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride
    BMW E70

All I really have is clear headlights. My lowering springs are in the trunk and my muffler looks pretty much stock, its not a 6" ricer tip. I might actually slide by. I'm sure having a 4 door family car will aid in this also

How is it illegal to have lowering springs... or exhaust? That's not illegal. I know tint and OVER-LOUD exhausts can be, but I don't think they can get you for small modifications.

Although I repsect MOST cops, and defintely respect their willingness to protect the public , I don't respect cops who downright harrass people, and let it get to their head

My Ride
    '15 GTI

i hear a baby seat in the back is sometimes not a bad thing...makes you look more mature somehow, it doesnt way too much either!

Dirty_SOHC is offline 0.2 liters away from a good engine
    My Ride
    WRX

hey adrian where did you get this information

Originally posted by liquid1010
    How is it illegal to have lowering springs...
    you adjust the height of your headlights/tailights, causing a problem (or so they say) to fellow drivers.

If you can prove you were specifically targetted, all the tickets will be thrown out. I think the Hells Angels fought this and actually won on one of their arguments last summer when the RCMP would target them to hand out tickets.

Originally posted by liquid1010
    How is it illegal to have lowering springs
    It alters the height of your bumper which was tested at a specific height to provide a certain level of protection in collisions. Its a safety thing. Another reason could be that on severely lowered cars, the handling is so horrible its flat out dangerous.
    ---

Originally posted by buh_buh

you adjust the height of your headlights/tailights, causing a problem (or so they say) to fellow drivers.
    This is true. My ranger was designed so that the headlights are normal when the back end is 2" higher than the front end. Now that I have it level, my lights are extremely birght and people always flash thier brights at me. I'm gonna put some slightly tinted h/l covers on to fix this.

As well as what kenny mentioned as why it makes them more dangerous, you never know how a person lowered thier car or if it was done properly. While my Lowering is stronger than stock, another person could have got the same amount of drop by cutting thier coils 3" then never going in for an alignment. Going 100 on a freeway, and suddenly having an I beam break would not be a good thing...
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

hehehe, every time i go through the check stops, i rev like a mofo (2 1/4 with no cat, bad hangers, and 1 muffler), when they ask me have i been drinking i say "not yet". great fun. my buddy even took a picture of them when we pulled up, damn that got us some dirty looks, lowered 3 inches too.

and cops read this?

ahahahahahahahahaha
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    NC1

Imports are going to get hit hard so I suggest you ricers to put your cars back to stock!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

ah. shit.... i guess i should take the 3" exhaust off. its pretty damn loud. lol. hyper white blubs come out tomorrow. lol.

My Ride
    Honda

Originally posted by max_boost
    Imports are going to get hit hard so I suggest you ricers to put your cars back to stock!
    hey is your full body kit and rims on the German made car yet? jk

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by ninjak84

hey is your full body kit and rims on the German made car yet? jk
    No it isn't! Maranellos will be putting it on early next week. I honestly don't think my car will get very much attention. BMWs come factory with clear corners and red/clear taillights. My front bumper looks exactly like the E46M3, so cops might think I have a M3 sedan!

I have no exhaust but factory chrome tips! With BMW offering 19inch rims from the factory, I think I'm safe on all cylinders! And what else? Factory sport package with lowering springs.....in the end, Cops won't know whats factory or not on a BMW! But on a HOnda, its as clear as night and day!
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

aw crap.

another fine example who stupid people ruining it for the responsible ones.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Probe

In a couple years I want to be a cop !
    You have to look at it from their point of view! First they have a quoteh ( I cant spell ) If they dont get a certain amount of RICER tickets each month they dont get paid kinda thing...
    Now some of you people on hear have reasnable exhausts that only make a nice growl when you floor it... but others have shit cannons that set off car alarms 3 blocks away, thats just F'ing stupid, there is no performance gains no nothing, so why have it, so people can think, oh some stupid ass punk kid is going to be pulling around that corner nice and soon, and so you can wake people up who are sleeping at night... on and on

Im rantting like there is no tommorow, but I dont care stupid loud exhausts are so pointless,
    I play a game were i work, It goes something like this, I hear a shit can exhaust and I guess what car its on.. The sad thing is I can name about 10 specific cars from 3 blocks away.. and its not like its a purring exhaust its a tingy rattiling shit can that makes me shake my head every time I hear it...
    I am right about 90% of the time by the way , tingy'ist exhausts go to crx's, then civic, then tegs ...

I dont even know what i just rambled about..
    Dont delete this either it has some nice points in it ( i.e. I think its fair to ticket loud exhauts, cars lowered to much ... Cops arnt complete assholes they TICKET things for a reason, onc again i.e. saftey, wellness of other people )
    Gary Coleman for life...
    Last edited by ConVict; 10-05-2002 at 12:19 AM.

My Ride
    2007 Impreza Wagon

see having quotas for giving tickets isn't right, it makes it so that if the police officer hasn't filled their quota by the end of the month that they will give tickets in the grey area. They'll deny it but it happens. I mean I got a 27 over speeding ticket when I was only going 5 over I mean come on hehe it was near the end of the month too

My Ride
    NC1

Think about it guys, someone needs to finance the Police Department. Imagine if their earnings were based on the amount of tickets that they write up every month, then everyone would be going down! And cops would all be millionaires
    I am user #49

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast