Quantcast
GYMVMT refund - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: GYMVMT refund

Default GYMVMT refund

Has anyone been successful in getting a refund from GYMVMT? I have gone through two billing cycles since they closed and they keep on doing automatic withdrawals, unlike Goodlife which I understand has stopped doing this.

I have yet to contact them but need to work on a strategy.

I contacted them when the whole lockdown started and was given two options.

1. Continue to pay my regular fee which will then be credited back at 1.5x value. So if i pay for 1 month, i get a month and a half free upon the gym reopening. Also, at anytime i can cancel and get a refund.

2. Cancel payments temporarily, and then resume when the gym resumes.

I chose option 1. Although it is a little risky, it does provide good value and should help them keep their heads above the water a bit better during this time.

My Ride
    Exploded.

^

Same. I chose option 2 and it's been on hold since. I'd contact them to exercise your options and you should get credits for the past two monthly payments.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by beyond_ban View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I contacted them when the whole lockdown started and was given two options.

1. Continue to pay my regular fee which will then be credited back at 1.5x value. So if i pay for 1 month, i get a month and a half free upon the gym reopening. Also, at anytime i can cancel and get a refund.

2. Cancel payments temporarily, and then resume when the gym resumes.

I chose option 1. Although it is a little risky, it does provide good value and should help them keep their heads above the water a bit better during this time.
    I chose option 1, but was told it was 20%, not 50%. I also have training payments, and was told I get 2 free sessions, but I don't know if that means regardless of time, I just get 2 free sessions, or per payment?
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    I chose option 1, but was told it was 20%, not 50%. I also have training payments, and was told I get 2 free sessions, but I don't know if that means regardless of time, I just get 2 free sessions, or per payment?
    Interesting. I emailed them and they replied with a call, so i do not have written record of the 50%. I will be pretty upset if that changes though... Which location do you go to? I go to Edgemont so i pay for the "premium" membership, so maybe that makes the difference? I was also offered a few additional training sessions, but i still have not used the ones that came with my account when i signed up so not sure how much i value those.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Interesting. I emailed them and they replied with a call, so i do not have written record of the 50%. I will be pretty upset if that changes though... Which location do you go to? I go to Edgemont so i pay for the "premium" membership, so maybe that makes the difference? I was also offered a few additional training sessions, but i still have not used the ones that came with my account when i signed up so not sure how much i value those.
    I'm also at Edgemont.

https://gymvmt.com/covid-19/
    For a limited time, existing members who continue to pay their membership dues during the time of club closures can receive a credit for the amount paid from March 17 until we reopen, plus a bonus credit of 10% of that amount. Thank you for supporting local!
    When they first posted the page, it was 50%, and a Gym bag. When I emailed them, and got a call, the site stated 20%, nothing else. Now it says 10%.

I also can't find anything about my training sessions, and when I called them, they asked who my trainer was, and they would look into it, that was a few weeks ago, and payments are still being withdrawn (separate from my monthly).

Hilariously, I had just signed up, so I was supposed to do a 14 day trial on training, before doing a 3month commitment. I never got to touch base on whether I wanted to go forward with the 3 months. But my trainer (who is still laid off), has been awesome, so I want to do anything I can to help him out.
    My car sounds like shit.

I'm also at Edgemont.

https://gymvmt.com/covid-19/

When they first posted the page, it was 50%, and a Gym bag. When I emailed them, and got a call, the site stated 20%, nothing else. Now it says 10%.

I also can't find anything about my training sessions, and when I called them, they asked who my trainer was, and they would look into it, that was a few weeks ago, and payments are still being withdrawn (separate from my monthly).

Hilariously, I had just signed up, so I was supposed to do a 14 day trial on training, before doing a 3month commitment. I never got to touch base on whether I wanted to go forward with the 3 months. But my trainer (who is still laid off), has been awesome, so I want to do anything I can to help him out.
    Wow, that is utter garbage. I kinda of want to cancel and get my refund just to stick it to them for operating in bad faith.

Edit: I just reached out to them to see if there are any additional incentives available and will update when i hear back
    Last edited by beyond_ban; 04-28-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Been paying for Winter Club for a few months without any service.

My Ride
    2005 Chevy Trailblazer

I should have a photo of the deal by GYMVT, so I can pass it along if you need photographic evidence of the 50% deal.

They just called me to iron things out and as soon as i mentioned the 50% they agreed to utilize that rate on my account. I am not just awaiting email confirmation, but i am happy to see that they are honoring their original deal. If you also lift at GYMVMT i would recommend calling and getting the 50% placed on your account for assured maximum value.

My Ride
    06 S2000

They just called me to iron things out and as soon as i mentioned the 50% they agreed to utilize that rate on my account. I am not just awaiting email confirmation, but i am happy to see that they are honoring their original deal. If you also lift at GYMVMT i would recommend calling and getting the 50% placed on your account for assured maximum value.
    I found this link, that still mentions the 50% rate.

https://gymvmt.com/on-demand-workouts-and-training/

I should reach out to them again tomorrow. Did you email, or use the form on their site?
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    TypeR

Quote Originally Posted by ee2k View Post
    Has anyone been successful in getting a refund from GYMVMT? I have gone through two billing cycles since they closed and they keep on doing automatic withdrawals, unlike Goodlife which I understand has stopped doing this.

I have yet to contact them but need to work on a strategy.
    Im actually a trainer at one of the locations and was called back to work last week to do remote training. Don't worry about coming up with a strategy as they will freeze-credit your account, refund now, or give you the bonus plus credit when they open. If you guys need anything PM me and I can point you in the right direction!
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by scboss View Post
    Im actually a trainer at one of the locations and was called back to work last week to do remote training. Don't worry about coming up with a strategy as they will freeze-credit your account, refund now, or give you the bonus plus credit when they open. If you guys need anything PM me and I can point you in the right direction!
    So how does remote training work then? I’m guessing it’s a way to offer the personal training still?

I found this link, that still mentions the 50% rate.

https://gymvmt.com/on-demand-workouts-and-training/

I should reach out to them again tomorrow. Did you email, or use the form on their site?
    I reached out via the form on their site and received a call back a few hours later.

My Ride
    TypeR

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    So how does remote training work then? I’m guessing it’s a way to offer the personal training still?
    You can still get personal training but we are also offering free services to make sure our member base is being helped out. Since being back to work ive been reaching out to tons of people and you can tell the isolation is doing a number on peoples mental and physical health. Most people have the idea that no gym=no results which couldn't be farther from the truth especially for general pop.

I've been offering weekly phone call/custom program or daily check in/weekly phone call/custom program. Its been very interesting creating custom programs based off what people have at home (luggage, charis, backpacks etc) but ive been making it work. It has also been a great opportunity to fix a lot of mobility issues and hit some calisthenics work.

On a side note

As someone that has close to 50 clients this situation put me in panic mode. I knew many of my clients would become unmotivated with lack of equipment and lose the results they worked for. When we had to close I sent all of my community free at home programming and started dropping workouts/mobility drills on my Youtube channel to help keep them motivated. But lets be honest that only goes so far and its hard to keep track of everyone when its not front of mind daily.

Luckily financially I was completely fine when I was temporarily laid off but i'm grateful as hell they were able to bring me to help people out even if its just a phone call to see how they are doing.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    06 S2000

Necro bump? With the announcement of the Edgemont location close last night, thanks to the rug pull by the landlord, I'm kind of pissed. I get it's not GYMVMT's fault, but I'm still mad.
    I wanted to check how many training sessions I have saved up (cause those don't automatically pause). In March, I had 21. I now have 6. Considering I was using max 1/week, while they were open, this seems insane to me. So aside from the fact that the next closest location is 6x the distance, I'm missing probably 12+ sessions from my account. As soon as I can, I need to flip my membership off of executive, and as soon as my sessions are gone, I'm probably gone too, since I guarantee it'll be impossible to get a refund from the new company.
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Necro bump? With the announcement of the Edgemont location close last night, thanks to the rug pull by the landlord, I'm kind of pissed. I get it's not GYMVMT's fault, but I'm still mad.
    I wanted to check how many training sessions I have saved up (cause those don't automatically pause). In March, I had 21. I now have 6. Considering I was using max 1/week, while they were open, this seems insane to me. So aside from the fact that the next closest location is 6x the distance, I'm missing probably 12+ sessions from my account. As soon as I can, I need to flip my membership off of executive, and as soon as my sessions are gone, I'm probably gone too, since I guarantee it'll be impossible to get a refund from the new company.
    Didn't they claim bankruptcy

My Ride
    06 S2000

Yeah, and they were bought out by.. IHF? Or something?
    Closed like 6 of the locations or something, and then at like 4pm yesterday the landlord of their head office pulled the renewal (verbal, but not signed yet).
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Did anyone ever figure out how to pronounce that stupid name?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Did anyone ever figure out how to pronounce that stupid name?
    You mean like Gym Movement?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast