Quantcast
Anyone Try Revivify Canada Self Healing Nano Ceramic Coating ? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Anyone Try Revivify Canada Self Healing Nano Ceramic Coating ?

Default Anyone Try Revivify Canada Self Healing Nano Ceramic Coating ?

Looking to get some ceramic coating put on a 2019 Audi Q5

Has anyone tried this Revivify Canada Self Healing Ceramic Coating product from any installers in Calgary? https://revivifycoatings.com/faq/
    I've read many posts about @rlim891 doing a really good job with ceramic coatings, so I just PM'd him to see if he still does them. Just waiting for a reply now.

I found some posts saying he's at Nano Defense now, so i was looking at their website and saw this is the product they use, but I haven't come across it from my usual google searches. It seems like it's newer?
    Doing a search here for Revivify doesn't bring up anything.

Is this stuff a film like the usual 3M or suntek stuff? Or is it like the typical ceramic coating liquid, that just happens to be self healing now?

Also wondering what sort of pricing to expect for putting this ceramic coating or any other ceramic coating on an Audi Q5?

Cheers
    Last edited by EK69; 05-11-2020 at 04:04 PM.

My Ride
    G05

Following. I don't think anyone can give a firm number as from my understanding it depends on how your paint condition is and how long of a coating you want. Ie. 3 years or 5 years.

As for the coating. It's a liquid form and not like 3m or suntek.

i can understand not being able to give a firm price after watching some videos on the prep required etc, so maybe more of a ballpark figure then? It would be a "heres my car, do what you gotta do for prep & coating" type situation lol.
    400, 800, 1200 or more?
    It was purchased last fall from a dealership, if that helps with getting an idea for the paint condition..maybe...

If there's any reputable installers close to or in Airdrie that would be the most convenient for me lol.
    if i understand things correctly, i would need to do a "recharge" coating every year or maybe 6months regardless of however long the coating is "good" for?
    So i am open to either medium or longer term coatings depending on price difference between them.

My Ride
    G05

I would guess $1000-$1500 depending on size of vehicle, paint condition, product and whose doing it (every one has slightly different labor rates). But Rainer would give you a more accurate quite. I know from my research most coatings you're supposed to do a maintenance wash once a year.

I don't know this company but from their website it looks like $800- $1800 based on a mid sized vehicle and depending what which package: https://ceramic-pro.ca/ceramic-pro-calgary-services/
    Last edited by s2k_boi; 05-11-2020 at 02:02 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Expect a ceramic coating for a car to be around 1k for a normal size car with paint in decent shape.

Double that if you want from 3M as well.

It will probably be +/- a few hundred from there depending on the specific vehicle. For example my Pickup was way more than my C63 for reasons of size and relative complication of panels.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Rainer gives a discount to beyond members.

Quote Originally Posted by EK69 View Post
    Looking to get some ceramic coating put on a 2019 Audi Q5

Has anyone tried this Revivify Canada Self Healing Ceramic Coating product from any installers in Calgary? https://revivifycoatings.com/faq/
    I've read many posts about @rlim891 doing a really good job with ceramic coatings, so I just PM'd him to see if he still does them. Just waiting for a reply now.

I found some posts saying he's at Nano Defense now, so i was looking at their website and saw this is the product they use, but I haven't come across it from my usual google searches. It seems like it's newer?
    Doing a search here for Revivify doesn't bring up anything.

Is this stuff a film like the usual 3M or suntek stuff? Or is it like the typical ceramic coating liquid, that just happens to be self healing now?

Also wondering what sort of pricing to expect for putting this ceramic coating or any other ceramic coating on an Audi Q5?

Cheers
    I had my car done by Rainer when he was at SR International before he moved to Nano Defense. Car is a sedan which was paint corrected and coated with their 5 year CS-II Titanium package. Reloading the coating about every 6 months so you have the constant slickness and beading. Expect anywhere between 1000-1500ish. From what I was told, Revivify has self healing just like PPF from XPEL and Suntek. I'm getting a couple pieces coated by him very soon, so I can share some results to see the difference between Revivify and CS-II.

My Ride
    G05

I missed the price part on Rainer's page. But it looks like it starts at $1000. https://nanodefense.ca/ceramiccoating/

I just got mine coated today with Revivify. Too early to give a full review on it but thank you Rainer and his team for making it looking amazing!

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by s2k_boi View Post
    I missed the price part on Rainer's page. But it looks like it starts at $1000. https://nanodefense.ca/ceramiccoating/

I just got mine coated today with Revivify. Too early to give a full review on it but thank you Rainer and his team for making it looking amazing!
    You must have a chip by now with the trillions of rocks on our spring roads.
    Full review, meow! LoL!

My Ride
    GLK, G37X & S5

Google "revivify ceramic coating" or www.revivifycoatings.com

It's a new gen self healing coating. Conventional 9H/10H coatings are yesterday's technology which were good at minimizing swirls however once it is swirled, a polish and reapplication of topcoat is needed. Self Heal coatings will just cure with heat about 70 degree c..meaning a hot day or boiling water. Revivify is based on polysilazane instead of polysiloxane, meaning its a much higher grade for better durability and performance. I have tested SH Pro since June 2019.

Car 1 - washed every 2 weeks - hydrophobic no change.
    Car 2 - washed every 3 weeks - hydrophobic degraded slightly and was able to bring it back with our coating restore agent.
    Car 3 - washed every 4 weeks - in Feb, hydrophobic on lower doors is completely gone and could not be brought back.

There is also a car 4 that has been washed 1065 times and everything is still performing. We did notice a slight change in hydrophobic and slickness after 1021 wash.

As for chemical resistance, well there's SGS testing for that so I won't elaborate.

There's a cool finding for bird poop. After poop was left on coating for 2 weeks under hot sun it etched the coating. We were able to self heal the etching with heat.

My Ride
    G05

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    You must have a chip by now with the trillions of rocks on our spring roads.
    Full review, meow! LoL!
    Lol. No chips yet. Haven't had a chance to drive it too much. Washed it twice now. First one was just dusty, so it rinsed right off and super easy to clean. Second one was dirty from the nice rain we just had and wasn't too bad either. However, it is super hydrophobic and beads like crazy. The self heal does appear to work decently well as my kids are young and sometimes touch the paint when they shouldn't be. So far it seems like a worthwhile coating as it will save me time on maintenance and spend more time with the little ones.

Quote Originally Posted by rlim891 View Post
    There is also a car 4 that has been washed 1065 times and everything is still performing. We did notice a slight change in hydrophobic and slickness after 1021 wash.
    How high is your water bill? Haha.

This is very interesting though, thanks for the info Rainer. Nice to see the coating technology progress beyond what most of us are used to.

Was going to post this earlier but wanted to give a bit of time. I had my car done by Rainer and his team in June. Looks and feels amazing! Super friendly, no pressure and gives discounts to beyond members!

Quote Originally Posted by Hata View Post
    Was going to post this earlier but wanted to give a bit of time. I had my car done by Rainer and his team in June. Looks and feels amazing! Super friendly, no pressure and gives discounts to beyond members!
    +1 - Rainer is awesome. Super friendly and took the time to go over everything with me.