Quantcast
Unusual Experience with a dealership - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Unusual Experience with a dealership

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Go shop for an average vehicle, select BC as location and see the interest rate + effective rates.
    That's neat

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I'm 99 percent sure that when I bought my gla Mercedes was not offering a cash discount in lieu of financing.
    I'm not talking about luxury cars. I'm talking about average car where the demographics aren't financially savvy and gets duped by low interest deals. That's why I posted a Nissan Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Best to get quotes from the smaller towns, or even out of province. Its a huge purchase for most - why not save 5-10% where you can?
    My worst experience was buying a car for MIL from a small town (Kamloops). The trickery was strong.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Is it sad that I'm considering a Tesla for my next vehicle because of bullshit like this? Buying a car is such a pain in the ass, dealerships are the worst.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by J-D View Post
    Is it sad that I'm considering a Tesla for my next vehicle because of bullshit like this? Buying a car is such a pain in the ass, dealerships are the worst.
    I deal with horseshit like this for work sometimes, so I feel like I'm equipped for it. Tell ya what, you pay me $450 and I'll negotiate your next car purchase for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by J-D View Post
    Well you'll be paying far more for that than you would wrangling your way through a 4 square negotiation I imagine so........
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Well you'll be paying far more for that than you would wrangling your way through a 4 square negotiation I imagine so........
    Evidently it annoys me enough that I'd rather give my money to somebody who named a kid X Æ A-12 than to some skeezy salesperson

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Wait, you guys can’t reverse engineer the 4 square bs on the spot? It’s my most favourite dealership game to play

Name:  922EBD3D-4A13-4834-AEF4-0ACCACEE6026.gif
Views: 512
Size:  1.10 MB

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

They responded to my review with the same nonsense i expected.

they tried to add a mandatory $3K package on top of the cost of the vehicle which is against AMVIC all in pricing regulations and would not give me a breakdown of the final cost of the car by only giving me payments on the longest term etc. I went to another Kia dealership and bought the vehicle the day after when they didn't answer my email or my response from their so-called sales director.. I would avoid this one unless you like shady high pressure sales tactics. In response to the managers' response to my review it was in fact included as a mandatory package "titled the Alberta Value Package" which I have photo evidence as well of it being added to the deal and have included the printout they gave me as proof for this review.

Response from the owner5 hours ago
    Thank you for your review. We do not have "mandatory" packages. We only charge for equipment or options that come with the vehicle. As per Kia Canada we itemise everything in our paperwork. Including but not limited to accessories (block heater, starters, mats etc), freight, taxes and fees. We'd like to hear more about your experience if you're open to speaking to us. Every review is an opportunity for us to improve our business. Please contact our GM, at 403-247-2411. Thank you and have a great day.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Typical damage control reply lol.

I posted a similar experience when I bought my first truck from a local dealer 4 years ago, long story short I ended up buying somewhere else. AMVIC got involved and the dealership gave me back my deposit.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

My Hyundai 4 square experience was full on cringe worthy.

The FCA one was kind of fun. I brought a CCC report and magically there was only 1 square with my bi-weekly payment on a factory order... Still no idea how they did the marths, nor do I care as it was way below my bottom line I was willing to pay on a Wrangler lease.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Am I the only one that whipped out my Ti-83Plus to use the Finance App?

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

The BS Continues: The Responded again to my review on google... As a matter of principle I cant let them snow others so edited in another response to their response. Clowns

They tried to add a mandatory $3K package on top of the cost of the vehicle which is against AMVIC all in pricing regulations and would not give me a breakdown of the final cost of the car by only giving me payments on the longest term etc. I went to another Kia dealership and bought the vehicle the day after when they didn't answer my email or my response from their so-called sales director.. I would avoid this one unless you like shady high pressure sales tactics. In response to the managers' response to my review it was in fact included as a mandatory package "titled the Alberta Value Package" which i have photo evidence as well of it being added to the deal and have included the printout they gave me as proof for this review.

In Response to the second update. The sales person made it very clear that I could not opt out of the package as it came with the car, as you stated in your original reply. I am very well-educated in finance as I have a CPA and MBA in the discipline and told the sales rep outright I did not want the package as it offered not value and was a dealer markup. If I can't opt out of a package, by definition it is mandatory.

Furthermore, by using the 4 square deal there is not the breakdown and disclosure you suggested. If you liked I can produce proper itemized breakdown from the other Kia dealership I purchased the SUV from the next day.

Now that I called the dealership out of the BS it is suddenly optional....
    I prefer to leave this review as a warning to others instead of having a private discussion with the GM where others will not be warned about the underhanded practices.
    Response from the owner14 hours ago
    Thank you for your review. We do not have "mandatory" packages. We only charge for equipment or options that come with the vehicle. As per Kia Canada we itemise everything in our paperwork. Including but not limited to accessories (block heater, starters, mats etc), freight, taxes and fees. We'd like to hear more about your experience if you're open to speaking to us. Every review is an opportunity for us to improve our business. Please contact our GM, at 403-247-2411. Thank you and have a great day.

Hello C Austin, thank you for your response. As you have shown we have a form that has to be signed in order to be accepted. It has the price and the package details clearly stated. We also gave you a copy of what we offer, in order for you to make a decision on this optional package. Many of our customers take advantage of the program, but as any optional program it’s not 100% of them. “Mandatory” would mean 100% of our customers would have this package, it’s a fact that they do not. We again suggest to speak to our GM to further clarify.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

They will always deny any wrongdoing. It is going to be his word against yours.

If you really want to pursue this a volunteer to video record or audio will be the best defense to back up your experience.

- - - Updated - - -

I do like their flawless reviews on their website...

https://www.northlandkia.ca/reviews/

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

I don't really care to pursue it further. I just wanted to make sure it was accurately documented on google review. When I look at reviews you can tell the ones that are legitimately bad and the ones where the customer is just being nitpicked. I am good with where I left it as an accurate warning to others.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by austic View Post
    I don't really care to pursue it further. I just wanted to make sure it was accurately documented on google review. When I look at reviews you can tell the ones that are legitimately bad and the ones where the customer is just being nitpicked. I am good with where I left it as an accurate warning to others.

I'm trying to not to be biased but your review presents well and really does a favor to others.

I.e. not "This dealershit is the suxxxx, scammerz and full of garbage people!!"
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

So I’m out shopping for vehicles right now, seeing what’s out there that can tow a trailer. Figured for sure I would get the 4 square treatment at Ford. Nope, they told me the incentives out there, finance deals, I chose 2 and they printed it out with a 3rd option. Honestly if I was set on getting an Explorer, I would’ve been in and out, purchased and financed in an hour. Completely painless experience.

Name:  12B92EE2-7470-4F98-8446-D2922EF1808C.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  46.6 KB

What’s a guy gotta do to get the 4 square pressure tactic? Haha

Oh and 0% financing at 72 months. Cash rebate was $4k. Ford must be hurting to move inventory.

Edit - I guess those numbers don’t really add up to 0% haha. Nor do they add up to GST. Must be a $1000 fee hiding in there. Lack of breakdown is a bit deceiving.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

I bet Country Hills Mercedes is willing to give you a deal on a slightly damaged, new SUV...I heard the hail went through the tents, but haven't seen how much damage the cars actually took.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I really like the current Explorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

There is a reason I keep ending up with fords... service is also great... if you really want to have a painful experience, Jeep Cherokee... eastside dodge

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast