Quantcast
Shak, I found your new car - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Shak, I found your new car

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Raptor’s are killer.

The 3.5 HO is a good engine, and the seats up front are awesome.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Saw this on FB haha

Name:  IMG_0185.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  66.6 KB

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So @shakalaka lasted from Feb 3 to May 27th with his leased Lexus. Even the thrill of ricer red wheels couldn't save him from flipping.
    Those red rims are the worst thing I’ve ever seen.

My Ride
    This and that.

Fuck..the usual Kijiji bullshit has started...

"Hi, I can likely get approved to take over the lease and will try to come up with the transfer cost, but won't be able to do any cash back to you. Let me know if this works for you."

I so want to tell the prick to fuck off but then ultimately you just decide to ignore it and move on.

I hope someone here can man up and put me out of misery of having to deal with the Kijiji idiots.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 05-27-2020 at 09:18 PM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    I can park just fine. So that won't be the issue if and when I decide to get rid of it.
    Your ability to park has nothing to do with it. Unless Costco is the only place you park, get used to backing into every spot, that’s if the spot is wide enough. I like to walk anyway, but I always ended up at the far end of the parking lot because:

1. Easier to park
    2. Fuckers can’t have their doors bash into my paint.
    3. Easier to park.

It isn’t just narrow parking spots that are a hassle, narrow lane ways between the rows of cars will have you doing 5-6 point turns. Haha.

Don’t get me wrong, I miss my F150 and my Expedition Max. I just don’t miss parking them in parking lots.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Your ability to park has nothing to do with it. Unless Costco is the only place you park, get used to backing into every spot, that’s if the spot is wide enough. I like to walk anyway, but I always ended up at the far end of the parking lot because:

1. Easier to park
    3. Easier to park.

It isn’t just narrow parking spots that are a hassle, narrow lane ways between the rows of cars will have you doing 5-6 point turns. Haha.

Don’t get me wrong, I miss my F150 and my Expedition Max. I just don’t miss parking them in parking lots.
    These are straight up facts. And it’s way fucking worse with a raptor than a normal truck.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post

1. Easier to park
    3. Easier to park.

I totally agree.

In general though I always park at the back with all my cars. I drove around a Escalade EXT quite a bit and also the new regular F150 and got used to backing it everywhere. Became second nature.

All that being said, the deal is by no means done so hopefully it doesn't get jinxed with all this. lol.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

4. Inches. Wider.

Spots literally aren’t wide enough.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Axis powers

"Hi, I can likely get approved to take over the lease and will try to come up with the transfer cost, but won't be able to do any cash back to you. Let me know if this works for you."

I so want to tell the prick to fuck off but then ultimately you just decide to ignore it and move on.

I hope someone here can man up and put me out of misery of having to deal with the Kijiji idiots.
    That's the norm for kijiji, you'll have many more and probably give up and go the dealer route
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

This is one of the reasons not to put money down on a lease. You will be lucky to have anyone offer you any money back to take over the IS unfortunately, especially now. Maybe 1 or 2 grand at most. Hope I am wrong, but looking on Lexus site they have 0.4% lease on the 2020s with $3k lease assist right now. $388 is a great payment for that car, but most people will be looking to straight up take over with nothing down.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Shak gonna get rid of the Raptor quicker than the Lexus.

My Ride
    NC1

Most ppl don’t have cash sitting around lol you’re giving the average folk too much credit. Good luck Shak. I concur Aleks, 0 down baby. I have the same car 599/lease but 300 not 350, black not grey, stock wheels not red ones so it’s not the same. Although if I took your wheels I can try the Darth Maul look.

My Ride
    bus

I’m surprised you haven’t received any messages asking for you to pay the transfer fee AND a cash incentive to take over the lease.

If I was in the market for a newer car I would definitely jump on your deal.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    This is one of the reasons not to put money down on a lease. You will be lucky to have anyone offer you any money back to take over the IS unfortunately, especially now. Maybe 1 or 2 grand at most. Hope I am wrong, but looking on Lexus site they have 0.4% lease on the 2020s with $3k lease assist right now. $388 is a great payment for that car, but most people will be looking to straight up take over with nothing down.
    This.

at 0.4% I wouldn't put my money into it, and I would put that $7k (if I had it) into something else. It's a great payment, but I don't think you are going to get your $7k.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    This and that.

You guys maybe right. I guess time will tell. If I am not completely satisfied, I am going to pass on this and keep the IS.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’m mostly struggling to understand why Shak put 17k down on a .4% lease. Nothing better to do with the money?

fact.

My Ride
    This and that.

So all of $17K wasn't cash down. A portion were the discounts I negotiated with the guy and a portion was positive equity from the Jeep I traded so instead of taking it out, I just left it in there. Basically, I could have bought the Lexus and gotten a $17K cheque but then payments would have been more regular ($700-$800) or just pre-pay the payments by leaving the equity in the deal for lower monthly payments. Putting cash down on a lease just means you're prepaying the payments that you would be paying otherwise on a monthly basis anyway, so not like you're 'losing' the money. .9% was mine, but still quite low. I thought about what I can do with $17K at that time and there really wasn't anywhere else productive that I could have used it for.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

A tangerine savings account earning more than .4% comes to mind lol

Got a mortgage? That would work too. Pretty much anything other than keeping the money under your mattress would beat the return on prepaying a .4% lease.

fact.

My Ride
    *The First*

So, just to clarify and sorry for being dumb about lease takeovers... You are looking for someone to just take over the next 36 payments, or, do that plus give you $7k?
    Is it 36 or closer to 30 because you bought the car a few months ago?

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    A tangerine savings account earning more than .4% comes to mind lol

Got a mortgage? That would work too. Pretty much anything other than keeping the money under your mattress would beat the return on prepaying a .4% lease.
    Haha yea, or stocks like I already do. Let's just say that my portfolio was doing fine so I didn't care too much about this part. My interest rate is .9% not .4% but of course equally as good.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    So, just to clarify and sorry for being dumb about lease takeovers... You are looking for someone to just take over the next 36 payments, or, do that plus give you $7k?
    Is it 36 or closer to 30 because you bought the car a few months ago?
    Yes, exactly. I have had it 3 months so 33 months remaining.

I've gotten a few messages about mileage being only 12K a year and the only reason I did that was because my guy told me because Lexus hold their value so well that typically on lease return the dealer ends up wanting to purchase the car (especially if trading in etc, but even so if not) instead of sending it back to Lexus so they typically don't care about some overage. Of course can't be 40K over or anything crazy. Also, if I do keep it till end of term, I will sell it privately as there is $10K margin (if you search 3 year old IS350 right now vs the buyout on mine) and take further equity out of it. Would be silly to not do that since they hold their value well and are in demand typically.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast