Quantcast
Shak, I found your new car - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shak, I found your new car

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Have you put the deal up on Leasebusters by chance?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah, average car buyers don't understand leases. Leasbuters audience may be marginally better informed about how great a deal this is.

Alternatively. youi could get a trusted beyond member to store it for you until the lease is over. I'll do it for free, and I'll make sure it's driven regularly too so the battery doesn't go flat. Then you can get all that sweet equity at lease end. I'm such a good guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

The Raptor is a bad idea. Just remember how you thought you would love the Jeep more, and the truck isn't going to be much better than the Jeep. Sure it will be fun in a straight line, but for DD'ing around down, it's only good for all those pot holes in Edmonton (Calgary isn't much better).

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Here are my thoughts having done leasing a ton, and this is advice for next time since you seems to go through cars more than anyone on this site.

I would have taken the $17,000 and kept it, or whatever they offered you on trade since you say a part of that is discount on the IS350. I would only ever set up a bi-weekly payment, just because people think paycheck to paycheck and that number looks way smaller.
    So say you ended up with a $700 per month all in lease. Set it up as $323 bi-weekly instead. Now it is 3 months later and you want out. Post it up on kijiji as $323 all in AND say you will offer someone something like $3,000 to take it over. I would guess that if you went as high as $5,000 someone would take it as people love getting paid to drive a new car like this. This isnt guaranteed to work every time, but it is better IMO than asking someone to give you 7 grand regardless of how low the payment is.

In my scenario you would be out 3-5 grand whereas in yours, you will now be out much more than that unless you just keep it.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

He traded in his Jeep tho which has GST rebate if he uses the equity from it towards the lease, so i see the reasoning for leaving the 17k equity in the lease.

Either way, I'd jump on that too if it's a straight takeover. @ 12k/year with 17k down, i dont think that's a great deal compares to what you can get right now walking into a dealer.

My Ride
    ute

I'm thinking of taking Shak's lease* just because I don't want the flipping to get bogged down.

*I'm not really considering it.

My Ride
    This and that.

Some solid advise in here and I agree with a lot of it. At the time my plan was to keep the Lexus for the entire term LOL. So I figured just leave the equity in the deal, it's fine and in the end when I sell I will take out a lot of it due to the margin in the buyout and market rate. I guess I gotta stop kidding myself. But on a serious note, I am not so married to the idea of the Raptor that I will just throw the Lexus away. I will try this and if it works great, if it doesn't I do enjoy the Lexus in it's own way. It's a good mix with my other cars.

For Leasebusters, I have never had good luck on it and you have to pay to list. I just don't want to feel that desperate and that's why I don't want to throw it on there. The lowest I am thinking is I want at least $5K to me and I think that's a great deal to the next person and something that can't be had at a dealer.

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    This.

at 0.4% I wouldn't put my money into it, and I would put that $7k (if I had it) into something else. It's a great payment, but I don't think you are going to get your $7k.
    Didn't realize that it is at 0.4. I may take a look at this because pretty soon we will be down to one vehicle and not knowing what is happening with mine this is tempting.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    Didn't realize that it is at 0.4. I may take a look at this because pretty soon we will be down to one vehicle and not knowing what is happening with mine this is tempting.
    Wtf...is .4 THAT much better than .9? lol

I believe on IS300 not IS350? Not sure.

PS: That is only on brand new vehicles (2020) so they are priced much higher than 2019's to begin with for the exact same thing.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 05-28-2020 at 11:38 AM.

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Wtf...is .4 THAT much better than .9? lol

PS: That is only on brand new vehicles (2020) so they are priced much higher than 2019's to begin with for the exact same thing.
    Yeah. You are correct. It is not on 350.

My Ride
    This and that.

Yeah. You are correct. It is not on 350.

Well do the right thing buddy and takeover mine. lol.

Or @Buster should remove that * and actually consider it. It's freakin chump change for you. Look around in your pockets and under car seat, might just find the entire amount there. lol

My Ride
    95B

Well do the right thing buddy and takeover mine. lol.
    I am not set on anything yet. It will be primarily for my wife until I get mine.
    If anything changes I will ping you if yours is available. Having said that the amount you are asking back will be a non starter for me.

My Ride
    This and that.

I am not set on anything yet. It will be primarily for my wife until I get mine.
    If anything changes I will ping you if yours is available. Having said that the amount you are asking back will be a non starter for me.
    Unfortunately without the down you wouldn't get to the payments I am at. But I can tell you that the wife would love the IS350 with some beauty matte Red wheels.

Unfortunately without the down you wouldn't get to the payments I am at. But I can tell you that the wife would love the IS350 with some beauty matte Red wheels.
    are you sure you dont work at a used car lot?

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by beyond_ban View Post
    are you sure you dont work at a used car lot?
    Haha my biggest regret in life is not going into an industry that had something to do with cars. I feel I would have been very successful and content if I had. lol.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

When I build one on the Lexus site it shows 0.4% on the 2020 IS350 F series 2 for 36 months. Putting in $14,000 as down payment and 12k kms per year, the monthly lease payment comes out to $333 per month. Lexus has a $3,000 assist on it now.

Try asking for interesting trades in exchange for that 7 grand and see what the kijiji crowd offers up haha. Maybe another car worth around that amount and then sell that yourself and live out your dream of being in the car business!
    Last edited by Aleks; 05-28-2020 at 12:10 PM.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    When I build one on the Lexus site it shows 0.4% on the 2020 IS350 F series 2 for 36 months. Putting in $14,000 as down payment and 12k kms per year, the monthly lease payment comes out to $333 per month. Lexus has a $3,000 assist on it now.

Try asking for interesting trades in exchange for that 7 grand and see what the kijiji crowd offers up haha.
    So if putting only $7K down on a next to new same car gets you at $385 a month, I would think that would be a good deal? And if someone is super serious I may even slightly move on the $7K, but the point is to me this screams as a good deal but apparently not to others. lol. And I mean you gotta factor in the 3M costs, tire protection plan, 2 included services...and of course the red wheels!

My damn PM's should be blowing up right now and not the few here and there slow ones. lol.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

So if putting only $7K down on a next to new same car gets you at $385 a month, I would think that would be a good deal? And if someone is super serious I may even slightly move on the $7K, but the point is to me this screams as a good deal but apparently not to others. lol. And I mean you gotta factor in the 3M costs, tire protection plan, 2 included services...and of course the red wheels!

My damn PM's should be blowing up right now and not the few here and there slow ones. lol.
    I agree with the others I think pre economic crash you could have got 5k now I bet you can get 2k but might take a while to find the right buyer.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    EXACTLY, all things equal it's a better deal to just walk into a dealer with that kind of cash down than taking over your lease. Not only it's cheaper, it's also brand new. $333 is also selling @ MSRP, you can easily get that down to 250/month with 14k down (say 3k off?) .

My Ride
    This and that.

Last edited by shakalaka; 05-28-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast