Quantcast
Ford purchase - Close that deal certificate - how to get? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ford purchase - Close that deal certificate - how to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the offer, I worked with Sherwood ford and was quite happy with the outcome.
    @shakalaka
    Congrats! What did you get?
    I almost bought from Sherwood too because they had the best price, not one guy in calgary would come close but thankfully a friend told me to try cam clark.

Thanks for the rep!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

I hope whatever you got, it was in that sick new abyss grey

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    I hope whatever you got, it was in that sick new abyss grey
    Louder. Velocity blue sport package with the dark Silver 20” wheels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Congrats! What did you get?
    I almost bought from Sherwood too because they had the best price, not one guy in calgary would come close but thankfully a friend told me to try cam clark.

Thanks for the rep!
    2020 XLT screw 5.5’ 302A 2.7L 3.55.

Mpg special with a couple options. On lot stock that they played ball with me. Best price and trade.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    This and that.

Sherwood was definitely the best dealer I found a few months ago when I was looking for a F150 for my FIL. We ended up buying from there as no other dealer including Cam Clark could touch the deal. Lately, I've been seeing 2019 Raptor's at under $70K which is insane. Sure just the 801 package but that's still pretty nuts. Although at Freedom Ford.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 05-20-2020 at 07:17 AM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Sherwood was definitely the best dealer I found a few months ago when I was looking for a F150 for my FIL. We ended up buying from there as no other dealer including Cam Clark could touch the deal. Lately, I've been seeing 2019 Raptor's at under $70K which is insane. Sure just the 801 package but that's still pretty nuts. Although at Freedom Ford.
    Dammit. I wish I’d know I would have kicked the referral back to you.

Edit: if anyone is in the market for a 2020 F-150, I’d suggest buying sooner than later.

Once on dealer stock is gone, the remaining 2020s will slowly trickle in and won’t build inventory. The Dearborn and Kansas truck plants are just now getting back to idle, and with our dollar trash and the new refresh 2021 truck coming in 4 months, I can see prices increasing by at least 3-5k for the cdn market. Ford never was nice to Canadians like Honda or GM.

If anyone needs a referral for Advantage, Jubilee, or Sherwood ford - hit me up.
    Last edited by Darkane; 05-20-2020 at 09:03 AM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Dammit. I wish I’d know I would have kicked the referral back to you.

Edit: if anyone is in the market for a 2020 F-150, I’d suggest buying sooner than later.

Once on dealer stock is gone, the remaining 2020s will slowly trickle in and won’t build inventory. The Dearborn and Kansas truck plants are just now getting back to idle, and with our dollar trash and the new refresh 2021 truck coming in 4 months, I can see prices increasing by at least 3-5k for the cdn market. Ford never was nice to Canadians like Honda or GM.

If anyone needs a referral for Advantage, Jubilee, or Sherwood ford - hit me up.
    This was in late December or January. Don't think it was available then. What's done is done. I've been getting really tempted by looking at Raptors at under $70K but trying to avoid talking to any dealer about it. We all know how that goes. lol.

My Ride
    Changes everyday...

Darkane,

What was the price point if you don't mind me asking? Did you lease or finance? I have a 2017 F-150 Lariat that is due at the end of its term right now. I do want to keep the truck but if 0% makes sense on a newer one I think that is ideal.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by black300 View Post
    Darkane,

What was the price point if you don't mind me asking? Did you lease or finance? I have a 2017 F-150 Lariat that is due at the end of its term right now. I do want to keep the truck but if 0% makes sense on a newer one I think that is ideal.
    I purchased outright with a trade.

I was lucky with my timing as they had extra cash incentives on the 2020 when I signed. The next Monday after I signed, the one cash delivery incentive went away and 2020 qualified for 0%.

All totalled up, MSRP was $58,219, and my price including all incentives, cash negotiated off invoice I arrived at $44,528.44 OTD.

That included spray Bedliner and mudflaps.

It was just a HAIR under invoice + all incentives. But it wasn’t on the lot long and they were happy to keep almost 100% of the holdback. They probably made $200 off the floor mats too ($399 retail included in price).

So yeah, good deal considering our dollar at the time. This truck will be 10 grand more expensive to buy in a 2021 version, guaranteed.

Will mention though, the trade was fair too. They’ll likely make 1500-2000 on it.

-H.P. Lovecraft

21's are gonna be going for full msrp i bet so yeah if anyones looking for a deal nows the time.
    Get that front bumper PPF'd the day you take delivery if possible. F150's with the painted bumpers are the worst thing in the world when it comes to chipping

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    I've been getting really tempted by looking at Raptors at under $70K but trying to avoid talking to any dealer about it. We all know how that goes. lol.
    I want a raptor pretty bad too and seeing them at those prices is so tempting
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    21's are gonna be going for full msrp i bet so yeah if anyones looking for a deal nows the time.
    Get that front bumper PPF'd the day you take delivery if possible. F150's with the painted bumpers are the worst thing in the world when it comes to chipping

I want a raptor pretty bad too and seeing them at those prices is so tempting
    Thanks for the advice. I have some xpel on the truck, and I understand what you mean.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well, my endless internet trolling of the Ford.ca website has paid off. I got my $750 private cash offer by email today. Actually think 2020 may be the year I buy a brand new truck. It would be my first ever if it happens, and the first vehicle that was "for me". Need the next two months to come together work-wise though.

I am terminally cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Well, my endless internet trolling of the Ford.ca website has paid off. I got my $750 private cash offer by email today. Actually think 2020 may be the year I buy a brand new truck. It would be my first ever if it happens, and the first vehicle that was "for me". Need the next two months to come together work-wise though.

I am terminally cheap.
    Awesome!

Any specific trolling that you think might have tipped the scales? How many builds have you made?

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Signed up for "updates" by creating a user account. Did only maybe 10 builds inside that. But I make like 10 build s a week, basically all year. So, several hundred in 2020.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Signed up for "updates" by creating a user account. Did only maybe 10 builds inside that. But I make like 10 build s a week, basically all year. So, several hundred in 2020.
    Did you also build some other manufacturers? I wonder if their cookies track the competition site usage to try and sway you.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I realized that estimate is probaly high. Maybe not "several hundred" of builds this year so far. Yes I build GMC sometimes too. Not Ram. Never Ram. I also build explorers, expeditions, and super duty trucks from time to time, a few dozen anyway.

I don't know what kind of pixie dust they use, but make an account and sign up for emails at the very least. Can't hurt.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I got one today too. But I am holding off until 2022, and will probably be a hybrid F150.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I got one today too. But I am holding off until 2022, and will probably be a hybrid F150.
    Was it $750 also??

I haven’t gotten one, although it doesn’t matter now. However I still go on the site often and have signed up.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Hah, my family may buy a hybrid, or a phev, but it's not going to be a truck. It'll be a wagon for my wife or something.

My Ride

Want to revisit this. Anyone get any private offers recently?

I’m looking for synergies in the Lariat lease deal. Could be a once in a decade type deal here, especially with a private cash offer added in.

I’m going to try a few things to trigger one, I’ll report back on my success or failure haha.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Update, a couple more irons in the fire.

So far I have:

1) signed up Ford.ca so my builds are tracked
    2) downloaded and commissioned the Ford Pass APP (people have gotten PCOs in their messages here)
    3) built vehicles out of the Pass app to track
    4) called and spoke to a Ford America marketing rep today. There is some info online that calling and asking for a brochure led to a PCO generated.

Note about Ford marketing, the person helping me was perhaps a little surprised I called from Canada. However i think it “took” and I’m in the system via that pathway.

Will report if anything comes about. Other than this, I won’t be doing anything more other than a couple builds on the site.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast