Quantcast
Alberta restaurant group wants fee cap for delivery services - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta restaurant group wants fee cap for delivery services

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back on the topic: No one is forcing them to use the app
    They are doing exactly that by misrepresenting the restaurant online and reselling their product without consent.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I thought Modern Steak was using Skip, being charged fees, and wants it capped?

Quote Originally Posted by syscal View Post
    They are doing exactly that by misrepresenting the restaurant online and reselling their product without consent.

My Ride
    NC1

They are no longer using Skip. I believe it's just Door Dash exclusively now.

I was approached by both Uber and Skip recently and turned them both down. Not worth it but I know I am very fortunate to have neighborhood support.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester View Post
    I hate door dash. A week ago the driver couldn't find my house so he left the food "under street sign", never found it. On Saturday the Door Dash driver just decided to not show up and keep our food, Door Dash refused to refund me.Attachment 91562
    This really happened? Who leaves food on the street under a sign? I don't use any of these apps. If they don't have their own delivery service I will pickup the food. If I have an issue with an order I can contact the restaurant instead of dealing with one of these services call centers.

My Ride
    NC1

One of the benefits during the Door Dash trial run was, if there were complaints it went directly to Door Dash. The Dashers would tell me it was basically an automatic refund from head office on complaints. Chester's case, wow. No words. What a useless driver or maybe Chester lives in a secret area that can't be access by regular folks

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I'm surprised we're so stringent on certain things but food delivery is a free-for-all. If drivers tampering with food is actually a common thing, all orders should be stapled shut or an easy unremovable sticker on the plastic bag knot so customers know it wasn't tampered with.

Hey that is actually a good idea, no?

My Ride
    NC1

haha Chinese food is safest then as there's a plastic lid, then saran wrap, then tied up double knot haha

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Not to mention that it's usually high heat deep or stir fried. Kills everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    I'm surprised we're so stringent on certain things but food delivery is a free-for-all. If drivers tampering with food is actually a common thing, all orders should be stapled shut or an easy unremovable sticker on the plastic bag knot so customers know it wasn't tampered with.

Hey that is actually a good idea, no?
    I've thought about this too and it's one of the reasons I don't use these services. It's such a simple concept to have a sticker/seal on the bags but there is no standard for it. One day when someone gets poisoned by a delivery driver they will implement something like this.

You don't need to be on Door Dash or Skip to get business if people really want your food. If you don't like to pay fees, make better food so people will come pick it up or hire your own delivery drivers. We frequent a few places that aren't on DD/Skip and they are always slammed, some even stop taking orders after certain times because they can't keep up.

If Modern says they paid $72,000 in delivery fees for ~2 months, they could have hired 10 drivers and paid them all $15/hr for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week instead and saved like $25K. Sounds like they're just lazy.

If you want to be on Door Dash / Skip so you have less to worry about, you gotta pay to play.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I wonder if its against skip's TOS to include a menu and a discount if they order direct through the store. I know some chinese food places always include a menu. I wonder if you could do that with a 5 or 10% off for direct sales. Or maybe free shipping? idk

Price controls have no place in a competitive market such as food delivery where barriers to entry are fairly low. Anyone want to start a food delivery business with a patented tamper proof delivery bag tonight?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Pfft easy.

You know those bubble tea sealing machines? Just make one wide enough for a bowl. Or hell, just use bbt cups lol.

Call it a 'shaker'. White people love shakers.

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    I wonder if its against skip's TOS to include a menu and a discount if they order direct through the store. I know some chinese food places always include a menu. I wonder if you could do that with a 5 or 10% off for direct sales. Or maybe free shipping? idk
    Everyone is doing that, even the big chains. Earls is 20% off if you order direct + pickup. Moxie's is 15% off. Boston Pizza is 15% or something. so probably not against their terms and conditions

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Pfft easy.

You know those bubble tea sealing machines? Just make one wide enough for a bowl. Or hell, just use bbt cups lol.

Call it a 'shaker'. White people love shakers.
    That sounds racist.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    This really happened? Who leaves food on the street under a sign? I don't use any of these apps. If they don't have their own delivery service I will pickup the food. If I have an issue with an order I can contact the restaurant instead of dealing with one of these services call centers.
    Yup, lesson learned. We usually only eat out on the weekends, so will just pick it up from now on.

My Ride
    Ford F150

So he wants the government to tell a private business how much it can charge for it's services.

Maybe they can put a price limit per oz on his [poorly cooked] steaks as well.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Shots fired!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    So he wants the government to tell a private business how much it can charge for it's services.

Maybe they can put a price limit per oz on his [poorly cooked] steaks as well.
    laaaawwwwllzzzzzlawlwlzlzlzlwlawlzlzlzlzlawllzzz

My Ride
    Changes everyday...

Skip the Dishes is great for consumers and they do take a hefty amount from restaurants. However a lot of restaurants have higher prices for Skip Menu to accommodate that. The only that pisses me off is how customers complain about their food and get a refund instantly, the restaurant does not have any room to argue. For example, can we get no tomatoes in a greek salad. How is that possible, it is prepped that way. No there is no option for no tomatoes on the menu and it is not possible. Stick to a different salad, and then they complain. Skip goes out and hands 100% refund. I bet so many customers are taking advantage of this knowing they will get a credit.

Some customers should just cook at home if they are that picky.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast