Quantcast
Would you eat at a buffet Post Covid? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Would you eat at a buffet Post Covid?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 34.34%
  • No

36 36.36%
  • Maybe

21 21.21%
  • Only if it's free

8 8.08%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you eat at a buffet Post Covid?

My Ride
    NC1

Didn't know Fusion was so popular! I would go to Sushi BBQ Inn and thought it was amazing. Best $30 spent ever haha

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I used to be a fan of Sushi BBQ Inn, but the owners continued to cut corners. All their metal grills were warped and broken; we literally got a piece of metal in the meats that we cooked.

When we asked for a different mesh grill, they just brought another broken one and basically told us the manufacturer discontinued them so all they had were broken utensils

That, and the lines were atrocious even with a reservation.

The best one was on the far left wall near the back, they have this one table where they use a raised bannister as a seating bench so you're sitting about 1 foot higher than everyone else at the table haha.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The best one was on the far left wall near the back, they have this one table where they use a raised bannister as a seating bench so you're sitting about 1 foot higher than everyone else at the table haha.
    Larry David - Curb lol

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I avoid buffets, and have for my entire adult life. However, if I was meeting someone, and if they happened to choose a buffet restaurant, I'd be okay with that now as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    This and that.

For me, it would depend on the place.

If the place is otherwise known to be clean and tidy, without any concerns then I am more likely to consider doing the buffet as opposed to if it's a dodgy looking joint.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    What I've been doing, outside of some private things, is spending extra on local businesses. Primarily restaurants and coffee shops for me but while I am making money I am going to be damn sure to do my part to help the places I like who are still able to function earn it too. I've found some new favourite spots as well as a result. I'm spending way less on some things (like drinks at a bar haha) but more overall right now, mostly on food and coffee and whatnot. And I think a lot of people are. To me that's how you give back for being fortunate enough to still be making money, put it back out there into people's pockets. The responsibility of money is to do good things with it.

It's good to hear you're both doing well.
    Well, we've been doing that. Ordering from farmers/farmers markets, ordering from small restaurants, etc.

I'm also paying most of my moms mortgage and gave my brother a chunk off his rent. I increased the rates I pay contractors where I've had to slow down overall volume of work. I'm doing what I can to spread it around without fucking myself over in the process.

Most of my revenues come from the USA, so I'm legit adding new money to the local economy lol.

But holding on to my personal tax funds until Aug 31 because Trudie said I could.

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Completely depend on the place. If it's the Fairmont Banff Spring or a Vegas buffet ( at a nicer hotel) then I wouldn't hesitate for a second. Places like Grey Eagle, or the salad bar at Smugglers, I would probably avoid for a while. Come to think of it, the only buffet we do now is hot pot, and probably have no issues with those once things open up.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Isn't the Covid risk from the other patrons? Or am I missing the point here?
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Isn't the Covid risk from the other patrons? Or am I missing the point here?
    this https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...65bd-332731395

My Ride
    Bicycle

I am not a fan of buffet but I do go to one near by for team lunches because it's easy.

The only way I see buffet surviving in the future is food is behind manned counter and you are being served, cafeteria style. No more self serve.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    Completely depend on the place. If it's the Fairmont Banff Spring or a Vegas buffet ( at a nicer hotel) then I wouldn't hesitate for a second. Places like Grey Eagle, or the salad bar at Smugglers, I would probably avoid for a while. Come to think of it, the only buffet we do now is hot pot, and probably have no issues with those once things open up.
    I don't feel better touching the six public serving spoons of 300+ previous Vegas degenerates before I eat bread with my dominant hand. Doesn't matter whether I'm at the Cosmo, Excalibur, Bellagio or whatever the fuck Imperial Palace is called, this week....
    I'll awkwardly-as-shit use my virtually dead limb, non-dominant hand to touch anything and everything serving spoon related at any buffet, ever. After that struggle, (and believe me, the struggle is real), I'll sit down with my poorly constructed plate, sans Feng Shui and haphazardly dumped food to eat and wonder why this was $40 + a line up when all I wanted was some potato/veg and a little chunk of prime rib.
    Then I look over at some table of disgusting vile who pulled the whole fucking steamer tray of snow crab legs to their table and remember why the last time I ate at a Vegas buffet was because it was comp'd - yet still not worth it.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

After covid is gone? Sure... why not.

But I personally would not any time soon. But then, our family isn't really planning to go to ANY sit-down places until this is over. The idea of sharing utensils and despite a guard, people hovering over the food I am about to eat? No thanks.

But your poll does say POST, so I voted yes. I only feel we need to be careful while this is widely transmitting. Once it is gone, I think most people would accept old-school buffets again... though added sanitary measures would be appreciated by many, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 05-21-2020 at 01:20 AM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Either it’ll be cafeteria style or automated like Point Sushi after this.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

One thing is for sure, I am massively craving Silver Dragon cart service once restaurants are open again.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Most of my revenues come from the USA, so I'm legit adding new money to the local economy lol.
    I've been hoarding as much USD as I can for a long time now. The recent exchange rates were very welcome to see.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

I'm in the don't go to buffets often category - just the quality/cleanliness of the food isn't the best combined with the fact that I almost always leave way too full.

Hot pot might be the only place I would still go for AYCE, just cause sometimes it's easier to get decent variety and saves me from having to prep for it at home.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Without second thought, can’t wait for the economy to get going again (also had a family member die of Covid)
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    *The First*

You know... All it should take to fix most issues would be a supply of cleansing, disinfectant towelettes at every table. If I could conveniently clean my hands after spoon-touch-a-thon and before eating , I'd feel a lot better.

My Ride
    Bicycle

One thing is for sure, I am massively craving Silver Dragon cart service once restaurants are open again.
    Dim Sum is in my blood. Still pissed I couldn't come out last Beyond meet and had to listen to our CEO instead and choking down crappy catering sandwiches.

My Ride
    rally pig

We rarely eat at buffets (mostly for family events) but I have no problem going.

To me the risk of contacting COVID19 at a buffet or any restaurant is no different than going to any public places.

If the restaurant wants to reduce the risk then change the serving spoons ver frequently as that's the major contact point for transmission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast