Quantcast
Colorchecker Passport Software - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Colorchecker Passport Software

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Default Colorchecker Passport Software

After a year of sitting in a box I'm finally getting around to actually using this thing. Took a quick snap, imported into LR, got the calibration software and it should work right? Nope, turns into CrashCity.

I've been running Spectraview II on my NEC for years now, calibrating with a Spyder 4. I'm thinking this software is somehow conflicting with the ColorChecker Calibration Software because everytime I load a DNG into that program directly, or exporting through LR, it crashes.

I have LR on my laptop, which also has the same Spyder calibration software. Same file from the D810 and presto it works.

Fortunately I am able to load that profile from my laptop -> desktop and it works. But if I plan on using this with any regularilty, that's a pain in the ass.

1) Is anyone else with a NEC having/had issues with ColorChecker?

2) Has anyone had ColorChecker software issues that resulted in program crashing?
    Ultracrepidarian

I have never had an issue with Colorchecker Passport and I have the same monitor and had the same camera body as you. The program used to have an issue with huge files but they fixed that in 2015-16ish. Make sure you're using the latest version of the Colorchecker software or don't have two versions installed or something silly.

I'd be surprised if it's the NEC Spectraview II software, that is completely separate from anything the Colorchecker Passport is doing and has nothing to do with your DNG files. I also have the NEC PA271W with Spectraview II and no issues with D810 or D850 colorchecker profiles made from DNGs saved in ACR.

Can you try it in Photoshop instead of LR? The only thing I do differently than you is save the DNGs in ACR rather than LR, but it's the same engine so theoretically it shouldn't matter.

Also I use the standalone color checker software, try that too if you are currently using the Plugin. I know they had some issues with LR and the plug in.

The nice thing about colorchecker profiles is you only have to make them once outside of specialized scenarios, so if it turns out that it only works on your laptop, you can just make a bunch of them one day and then you shuld be good to go save for any one-off shoots you want a custom profile for outside of your normal conditions.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 05-22-2020 at 01:17 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

If that is what you're thinking I better track down all the legacy files. I used the CD in the box for my desktop and then updated as it suggested. Then downloaded the latest version on my laptop without having a problem.

Eesh. Trying to track down all that little shit is gonna be a pain in the ass.
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that is what you're thinking I better track down all the legacy files. I used the CD in the box for my desktop and then updated as it suggested. Then downloaded the latest version on my laptop without having a problem.

Eesh. Trying to track down all that little shit is gonna be a pain in the ass.
    I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly but you should be able to just download and install the standalone version of the Colorchecker software without tracking down anything or getting the original CD.

Also, any profiles you've made on other computers or your laptop can be dumped into the same directory on your desktop and Photoshop will pick them up after you restart the program. Also note Photoshop will not show you colorchecker profiles for a camera body different than the one that took the image you are editing at the time.

You should be able to just grab it here unless something has changed: https://xritephoto.com/ph_product_ov...oftwareID=2030