Quantcast
Sold a boat and trailer on Kijiji but guy hasn't picked up - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Sold a boat and trailer on Kijiji but guy hasn't picked up

My Ride
    2014 Tundra 1794 + 2016 X1

Question Sold a boat and trailer on Kijiji but guy hasn't picked up

Hey guys, been a looooong while since I've posted on here. Googled around for a bit trying to find some answers but couldn't find anything definitive.

Anyways, a week ago, I sold a guy an inflatable boat along with a motor and trailer. At the time, he took the boat and motor in his small SUV as the boat is easily packed away but he was unable to take the trailer at the time as he had no hitch to do so. He paid for everything in full and I had to make 2 separate bill of sales, 1 for the boat and 1 for the trailer as they both have VINs. He told me he would return to get the trailer the next day but hasn't.

Just wondering, as he hasn't replied to me via Kijiji or calls, what can I do with the trailer? I know there is some time before it can be considered abandoned property but all I can find online is in reference to Landlords and previous tenants property they left behind.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Has this happened to someone before and can chime in on what they were able to do?

Thanks,

Topher.

My Ride
    NC1

Maybe he has Corona and is hospitalized. I mean it has only been a week, if it was 2 years then that's a diff story.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

I would do this, you've been paid in full so you're only out the inconvenience of having the trailer still. Wait 30 days, keep attempting to contact him, if 30 days passes I'd consider the possession rules would play into it. Keep it all documented, sell the trailer. I suppose the hangup is that he has a BOS with the VIN, but there has to be a way around that, we would have abandoned cars all the time when I was in auto body, I just can't remember how we managed them
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

You have two BOS so one of them must have his address.
    Drop it off and be done with it.

My Ride
    4x4

Park it out on the street call bylaw about a detached trailer without a license plate that's been abandoned.

Then when they send you a bill/registered letter take bill of sale to them. Done.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe he has Corona and is hospitalized. I mean it has only been a week, if it was 2 years then that's a diff story.
    This.
    Why everyone so mean so quickly?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This.
    cuz they bitchez.

My Ride
    4x4

This.
    Because someone showed up to buy a boat with trailer... Unequipped to haul the trailer... Took the boat + motor that they clearly wanted - then ghosted.

Odds are 1 in 1000 that they come back for the trailer... After dissapearing for a week with no contact - pretty good odds it's not even in the realm of intention.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Give it a couple weeks, then post “free boat” trailer on Kijiji and leave it in the alley (preferably nowhere near your property).

Less politically correct but our old solution was always leave it unlocked somewhere near the res.

Then it’s not your problem.

Some people aren’t really as into the internet as we are, might sound crazy but some people don’t sit on the internet and their phones all day every day.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Because someone showed up to buy a boat with trailer... Unequipped to haul the trailer... Took the boat + motor that they clearly wanted - then ghosted.

Odds are 1 in 1000 that they come back for the trailer... After dissapearing for a week with no contact - pretty good odds it's not even in the realm of intention.
    Ah, that's a possibility. I hadn't thought of that. But is the trailer really such a low value item in the package? I wouldn't think so
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 05-23-2020 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Double post

My Ride
    4x4

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, that's a possibility. I hadn't thought of that. But is the trailer really such a low value item in the package? I wouldn't think so
    If one really doesn't want the trailer... And has the ability to clearly transport without...

Buy a hitch (250ish) + install... + Wiring harness (75$?) + install. What's a trailer plate these days 85$? Then try to sell a trailer on Kijiji...

I can totally see someone never having intended to pickup the trailer, came to buy a boat without a trailer hitch... Probably never had any intention of taking it.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

How bigs the trailer... haha

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Park it out on the street call bylaw about a detached trailer without a license plate that's been abandoned.

Then when they send you a bill/registered letter take bill of sale to them. Done.
    This or drop it off at his house. You can’t resell it, he has a bill of sale, that would be theft.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Did he sign the BOS for the trailer?

My Ride
    2014 Tundra 1794 + 2016 X1

YES this!

I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I've been on kijiji for years and never had anything like this happen so its just an odd situation for me. Especially if they have paid for it. The trailer alone is probably worth a few hundred dollars or more, good for about a 16 ft aluminum boat. Lots of people were messaging me just to buy the trailer.

I figured that if I try to sell right away that it would be theft or something along that line, that is not my intention. I just don't know my options especially if the guy isn't responding. Yes its only been a week, but again, I've never had this happen before so I don't know what to do, hence this post.

Yes he signed a BOS for the trailer.

Its just taking up space on my parking pad, so not a huge issue to leave there for a bit, but really I don't want it sitting on my property if its not mine.

Thanks for the insight guys.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Does he have a copy of the BOS?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Are there professional ramifications with this individual?

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Quote Originally Posted by ianmcc View Post
    You have two BOS so one of them must have his address.
    Drop it off and be done with it.
    This.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by topher91 View Post
    YES this!

I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I've been on kijiji for years and never had anything like this happen so its just an odd situation for me. Especially if they have paid for it. The trailer alone is probably worth a few hundred dollars or more, good for about a 16 ft aluminum boat. Lots of people were messaging me just to buy the trailer.

I figured that if I try to sell right away that it would be theft or something along that line, that is not my intention. I just don't know my options especially if the guy isn't responding. Yes its only been a week, but again, I've never had this happen before so I don't know what to do, hence this post.

Yes he signed a BOS for the trailer.

Its just taking up space on my parking pad, so not a huge issue to leave there for a bit, but really I don't want it sitting on my property if its not mine.

Thanks for the insight guys.
    Send him a message saying this...

Do you want the trailer or not? you have 3 days to pick up the trailer, or else I am going to put it in the middle of the street, and phone it in as abandoned, and provide the city with the bill of sale showing you own it, and thus responsible for it. If you don't want it, I am going to dispose of it and you agree to release any claim on it.

And then call me, because I could really use a small trailer for hauling stuff around for myself and Beyonders lol
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    NC1

Ever since beer league when the other team's goalie no showed for a playoff game resulting in them forfeiting - reason being - goalie was in jail.

So to me, anything is possible now lol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast