Quantcast
Black Lives Matter discussion - Page 31 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 31 of 75 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter discussion

My Ride
    Bicycle

I just hate that every movie I liked is now turning into documentary.

Only surprise is we don't have an ED-209 yet.

Hate to see what 2020 has for us for July.
    https://www.voanews.com/east-asia-pa...it-provocation

A president at war never loses an election right?
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-08-2020 at 10:25 AM.

My Ride
    ute

Man, China is a big baby. A big, communist, nasty, baby.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, China is a big baby. A big, communist, nasty, baby.
    China undertakes rigorous military drills at Bohai Bay near Tianjin between mid-May and the end of July
    Some say that may not be a drill. Could be a way to execute plan take Taiwan in a 24hr-48hrs blitz. And this unrest in US and Coronavirus provided them the best window.

My Ride
    ute

I'd be very surprised if China wanted to start WW3 unilaterally.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I'd be very surprised if China wanted to start WW3 unilaterally.
    It won't be. Russia has been very chummy lately with China. Pulling US into Asian theater will let Russia retake Ukraine and beyond.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    It won't be. Russia has been very chummy lately with China. Pulling US into Asian theater will let Russia retake Ukraine and beyond.
    I doubt it would look like a conventional war/conventional response from the US.

Russia is chummy with China at the moment, but the rest of the world is starting to hate China's guts. China is far more fragile than people think.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Very interested to see if anywhere successfully "defunds" police.
    Only a small facet, the anarchists, want police disbanded. Some of the people advocating handover to the community seem to have forgotten the reasons the police were formed in the first place. Marginalisation doesn't make a person peaceful and law-abating. By all means take a lot of this work away from police, i’d love to see police not have to deal with people in mental health crisis or drunk homeless guys sleeping in lobbies or attend domestics or neighbour disputes. Let the addictions counsellors deal with the guy who sells meth or fentanyl to feed his own habit. It would be an absolute treat to have someone else rounding up the drunk and violent group home runaways on a constant basis. Please, hand these arguably non-police situations over to someone else, and they'd happily be just a few minutes away when the social worker gets a knife pulled on them or gets sucker punched by the pissed off husband. I’d love to see cops devote more resources to intelligence led, problem-oriented policing. I’d love to see them throw more bodies at bigger scale, longer term investigative projects instead of dealing with this stuff. It would be great to put more members out there hunting for impaired drivers. I would seriously consider applying for a local city police force if I knew dealing with these problems were up to social workers now.

BUT, understand that there is a consequence to removing police entirely from some of these problems. Make sure the social workers and addictions counsellors and mental health first responders have good life insurance and long term disability plans.

I'm just gonna sit back and watch society eat itself because everyone is so much more peaceful when cops don't respond to threatening situations.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Only a small facet, the anarchists, want police disbanded. Some of the people advocating handover to the community seem to have forgotten the reasons the police were formed in the first place. Marginalisation doesn't make a person peaceful and law-abating. By all means take a lot of this work away from police, i’d love to see police not have to deal with people in mental health crisis or drunk homeless guys sleeping in lobbies or attend domestics or neighbour disputes. Let the addictions counsellors deal with the guy who sells meth or fentanyl to feed his own habit. It would be an absolute treat to have someone else rounding up the drunk and violent group home runaways on a constant basis. Please, hand these arguably non-police situations over to someone else, and they'd happily be just a few minutes away when the social worker gets a knife pulled on them or gets sucker punched by the pissed off husband. I’d love to see cops devote more resources to intelligence led, problem-oriented policing. I’d love to see them throw more bodies at bigger scale, longer term investigative projects instead of dealing with this stuff. It would be great to put more members out there hunting for impaired drivers. I would seriously consider applying for a local city police force if I knew dealing with these problems were up to social workers now.

BUT, understand that there is a consequence to removing police entirely from some of these problems. Make sure the social workers and addictions counsellors and mental health first responders have good life insurance and long term disability plans.

I'm just gonna sit back and watch society eat itself because everyone is so much more peaceful when cops don't respond to threatening situations.
    That's a lot of steaming fear mongering piled into one post Mrs. Lovejoy, impressive.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    That's a lot of steaming fear mongering piled into one post Mrs. Lovejoy, impressive.
    Yeah I like your optimistic views that every police call is peaceful and not at all dangerous. Send in the social workers to deal with drunks and aggressive homeless lol. See how many people volunteer for that job, going in unarmed..

My Ride
    NC1

Time will tell. In other news, gun sales gotta be skyrocketing.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

What do people think mental health professionals do when someone turns violent or is physically threatening? They call the Police.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Yeah I like your optimistic views that every police call is peaceful and not at all dangerous. Send in the social workers to deal with drunks and aggressive homeless lol. See how many people volunteer for that job, going in unarmed..
    Again, overly simplistic comments on what procedural reform through reallocating budget money to different avenues and reducing power can mean with a healthy splash of fear rhetoric. You're right, the existing platform is as good as it can get.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 06-08-2020 at 12:56 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Supa Dexta View Post
    This looks like footage out of some lawless african nation

https://www.facebook.com/JHUSTLECITY...2287390884036/
    They didn't learn from Canada? You gotta block the rail crossing after making up your own rules first.

They taking down the confederate statues in a number of states. Should it be forgotten history? Half of the US fought for slavery, its a historical fact. USA gets to say "Human rights violattions" to everyone else but themselves?

Maybe glamourize in a statue is a bad idea. But no man is an island.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-08-2020 at 03:04 PM.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Bob Woodson Talks George Floyd Protests, Riots & Racism

Author, community activist and civil liberties expert. He has used his own rise from poverty during segregation to assist those who need it the most.

He is president and founder of the Woodson Centre - Transforming lives, schools, and troubled neighborhoods from the inside out by involving those suffering the problem, empowering local leaders to identify capacities of residents and help them to achieve their potential.
    Out of curiosity, what are everyone's thoughts on this?
    Last edited by OTown; 06-09-2020 at 01:38 AM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

That job would be Alpha House
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    and the DOAP team.

Divert funding from police to those groups? Hmmm.....
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Would be great if all these protestors volunteered for Alpha House. I mean it's easy right? Come at them with peace and love and we can all prosper.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Bob Woodson Talks George Floyd Protests, Riots & Racism

Out of curiosity, what are everyone's thoughts on this?
    That was an interesting watch. Thanks.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    Not here. Seattle protestors are mostly guilted and shamed self-hating white people who believe the whole systemic racism / white supremacy hoax. We are one of the COVID hotspots too so I’m very interested to see how this affects our numbers.
    We really shouldn't be surprised that Seattle is like that. I mean you do have to look like this to enter the city:

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    and the DOAP team.

Divert funding from police to those groups? Hmmm.....
    DOAP falls under the Alpha House umbrella, along with their various housing units and Detox faciility upstairs. Nevertheless, funding DOAP has shown time and time again how universally beneficial it is and yet they have to continually fight for funding.

I worked for them a few years ago for ~6 months before going back to school. Like anything it takes time to build relationships and trust with people, especially that population is very wary of anyone unfamiliar. This thread really isn't the place for this discussion but I also don't see value going into detail on it.

Regardless of the population you're part of, if you feel like your voice is continually being unheard, feeling the need to be more radical in your behavior to be heard is frankly...expected. Look at any excessively busy parents and their kids craving attention and later lashing out. Feeling heard is a universal trait humans need.

Of course you could just pull a Vancouver and riot your own city because you lost a sports game. Demanding serious fundamental societal change for sure...
    Last edited by msommers; 06-09-2020 at 08:55 AM.
    Ultracrepidarian

Page 31 of 75 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 41 ... LastLast