Quantcast
Black Lives Matter discussion - Page 33 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter discussion

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A nice funeral is one thing but to be held in higher regard than the average person as a beacon of humanity is disingenuous at best and an insult at worst. The reality is that George Floyd was a career criminal who died with Fentanyl & Methamphetamine in his system and could have just as easily slipped away unnoticed by the world in a drug deal gone bad or something else just as mundane. He didn't deserve to die the way he did, nobody does, but he was no saint either and his path in life put him in harm's way on a regular basis.
    Yep - speak the truth and get labelled as a 'victim' blamer.

Looks like many people are well programmed indeed.

A nice funeral is one thing but to be held in higher regard than the average person as a beacon of humanity is disingenuous at best and an insult at worst. The reality is that George Floyd was a career criminal who died with Fentanyl & Methamphetamine in his system and could have just as easily slipped away unnoticed by the world in drug deal gone bad or something else just as mundane. He didn't deserve to die the way he did, nobody does, but he was no saint either and his path in life put him in harm's way on a regular basis.
    I havent chimed in a lot in this thread but this is ridiculous. This is the epitome of the privileged looking down on others. Its clear you see a black persons life as less meaningful over the fact hes done drugs and hasnt lived life to your standards.

The guy was murdered. His life choices dont make his life worth less then the white kid growing up in the suburbs.

If one of your family members were murdered do you think it would be important for people to point out their flaws while discussing what a piece of shit they were?

Come back to reality. The world is a big place. People who do drugs or have committed a crime dont deserve to be murdered. No one does. Their life isnt worth less then the perfect life you seem to live.

My Ride

He didn't deserve to die the way he did, nobody does

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    People who do drugs or have committed a crime dont deserve to be murdered.
    Its literally delusion. You cannot even read what he wrote in their well-articulated post.

My Ride
    ute

I havent chimed in a lot in this thread but this is ridiculous. This is the epitome of the privileged looking down on others. Its clear you see a black persons life as less meaningful over the fact hes done drugs and hasnt lived life to your standards.

The guy was murdered. His life choices dont make his life worth less then the white kid growing up in the suburbs.

If one of your family members were murdered do you think it would be important for people to point out their flaws while discussing what a piece of shit they were?

Come back to reality. The world is a big place. People who do drugs or have committed a crime dont deserve to be murdered. No one does. Their life isnt worth less then the perfect life you seem to live.
    We all assign relative values to lives all of the time. Generally that value looks like a number of concentric circles of personal relationships away from you. We care if a close family member dies, but care far less about 100 people dying in Syria.

We could all probably save lives by funding legitimate charities doing great work in under-developed countries. But I bought a new griddle and a meat slicer instead. All people have a right to life, but to say that all peoples' lives have the same value to us is just lying to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    [/COLOR]

Its literally delusion. You cannot even read what he wrote in their well-articulated post.
    context is important. Hell if you don't want to quote his entire post, at the very least you can quote the full sentence.

He didn't deserve to die the way he did, nobody does, but he was no saint either and his path in life put him in harm's way on a regular basis.
    if that ain't victim blaming, i don't know what is. Maybe some of the sleepers (is that the opposite of "woke"?) can help me understand better.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

A nice funeral is one thing but to be held in higher regard than the average person as a beacon of humanity is disingenuous at best and an insult at worst. The reality is that George Floyd was a career criminal who died with Fentanyl & Methamphetamine in his system and could have just as easily slipped away unnoticed by the world in a drug deal gone bad or something else just as mundane. He didn't deserve to die the way he did, nobody does, but he was no saint either and his path in life put him in harm's way on a regular basis.
    Did you literally NOT read my post?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    context is important. Hell if you don't want to quote his entire post, at the very least you can quote the full sentence.

if that ain't victim blaming, i don't know what is. Maybe some of the sleepers (is that the opposite of "woke"?) can help me understand better.
    Literally, people have lost their ability to read.

NOWHERE was he saying 'he was a piece of shit' or 'he got what was coming to him'.

Next, no doubt you will try to claim 'but thats what he was thinking'.

Also, Mr. FLOYD wasnt 'murdered' in cold blood - its a classic case of an in custody death caused by the members excessive actions combined with an arrestees preexisting condition.

If Mr. FLOYD was shot in the head, point blank range, while he was prone on the ground - yes, that would be a murder case.
    Last edited by revelations; 06-10-2020 at 11:15 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

George was a chill guy.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I wonder if the conversations surrounding George Floyd are essentially repeats of Rodney King.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Have a look at this video from Candice Owens. She shed some light on this same topic. - https://youtu.be/JtPfoEvNJ74

I agree that what happen to Floyd was a terrible situation but to make that the soap box to stand on and launch a movement seems a bit strange especially with him being compare to MLK and what he did. It's not the same.

Did you literally NOT read my post?
    I read that at the very end after you make a point of calling the guy a piece of shit because he did drugs or he had a criminal record in the past. WTF DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH HIM BEING MURDERED?

You go further then that and make sure to point out that his life was meaningless as he was most likely going to slip away died in a drug deal. WTF?

And then after all your judgements on this guys life you say he didnt deserve to be murdered.

Congrats on your priviledge. The ivory tower you live in must be super cozy. Let's hope you dont make a post about a dying or dead family member as you'll certainly not have any compassion showed.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post

Exactly. Let's bash the murder victim. It seems bandit thinks the guy had it coming one way or another.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    I wonder if the conversations surrounding George Floyd are essentially repeats of Rodney King.
    Yea - again, a perp who was a bad character - but was beaten to a pulp while on the ground. He did not deserve that kind of treatment either. Clear case of police brutality.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I'd like to have beer with this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post

If Mr. FLOYD was shot in the head, point blank range, while he was prone on the ground - yes, that would be a murder case.
    Good thing he was charged with 2nd degree murder then eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    Have a look at this video from Candice Owens. She shed some light on this same topic. - https://youtu.be/JtPfoEvNJ74

I agree that what happen to Floyd was a terrible situation but to make that the soap box to stand on and launch a movement seems a bit strange especially with him being compare to MLK and what he did. It's not the same.
    Focusing on who he was before he was murdered distracts from the entire point of it all. He was murdered by a cop on camera, and it took protests and a huge uproar before the department pressed charges. Which upstanding citizen is at risk of getting killed by police in a day to day situation? None...unless you're protesting injustice apparently.

What kills me in this, is social media. So much bad information, for the likes. "#BlackoutTuesday, don't forget about me today. I'm important too. Don't forget to like my black screen post. Do you like me still? I'll resend this every hour today to be sure".

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post

It's the most clear cut example with unquestionable evidence that can be shared across platforms to date. Nobody that cares about justice for police brutality will care about his background because it's literally inconsequential to what happened. If anyone is comparing him as a person to MLK, then yeah that's dumb. I haven't seen it yet. I have seen mention that his death might spark some of the most large scale changes since MLK, but again that has nothing to do with Floyd as a person

My Ride
    ute

I've seen tons of "George Floyd is a hero" talk.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by syscal View Post
    Good thing he was charged with 2nd degree murder then eh?
    Do you know the difference between a charge and a conviction by chance?

I read that at the very end after you make a point of calling the guy a piece of shit because he did drugs or he had a criminal record in the past. WTF DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH HIM BEING MURDERED?

You go further then that and make sure to point out that his life was meaningless as he was most likely going to slip away died in a drug deal. WTF?

And then after all your judgements on this guys life you say he didnt deserve to be murdered.

Congrats on your priviledge. The ivory tower you live in must be super cozy. Let's hope you dont make a post about a dying or dead family member as you'll certainly not have any compassion showed.
    You are the epitome of everything that is wrong with the SJW, leftist bullshit movement.
    Twist words, misconstrue and make up narratives and then aggressively attack anyone who doesn’t agree with everything you say.
    FYI, this is a form of censorship, which the left so vigorously is fighting to defend. But let’s censor everything that isn’t the lefts opinion right?

“Seek first to understand, then to be understood”

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Christopher Columbus statues being beheaded and completely toppled now.
    https://twitter.com/_HenryBolton/sta...855308800?s=20

Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast