Quantcast
Black Lives Matter discussion - Page 40 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter discussion

My Ride
    ute

Well, it's an opinion piece...a commentary. I think it accurately references some of the problems we are currently observing.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

1) Disagree
    So in your opinion, younger people take responsibility on their own failures - instead of blaming others.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    So in your opinion, younger people take responsibility on their own failures - instead of blaming others.
    That statement doesn't apply to anyone, regardless of age.

Can we skip the 21 questions and just get to the part where you make your point?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Shooting in NB - Rodney Levi, who was drugged out of his mind, threatens a police officer with a knife and gets shot.
    Shooting in Atlanta - Drunk driver passed out in his car, resists arrest, steals a cops taser, shoots the taser at the cop and gets shot.

Both incidents are now considered incidences of racial prejudice and police brutality. This world is absolutely retarded. No one is held accountable for their actions anymore, it's always someone else's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Shooting in NB - Rodney Levi, who was drugged out of his mind, threatens a police officer with a knife and gets shot.
    Shooting in Atlanta - Drunk driver passed out in his car, resists arrest, steals a cops taser, shoots the taser at the cop and gets shot.

Both incidents are now considered incidences of racial prejudice and police brutality. This world is absolutely retarded. No one is held accountable for their actions anymore, it's always someone else's fault.
    Just searched the Atlanta shooting.
    Clear as day the officer involved did everything right.

He has since been fired and even the Mayor of the city is calling out his actions. #leadership

I actually hope all these cops start walking off the job in protest.
    The politics and pandering happening is insane.

Guys wife: My husband was a chilllll dude, he deserved better.
    *video plays of his violently resisting arrest, stealing a taser and deploying it an an officer*

"I want those cops charged with murder!*

Our society is hopeless.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/experts...ting-1.4983514

My Ride
    Silverado

https://youtu.be/bIdeNc9ZngA

Video shows the guy steal the taser, running away and turning to fire it at the police officer. Wow. The few stories I read said that he was shot in the back while running away.

Looks justifiable in my mind. No doubt police training would say if a person points a distance weapon at you then you shoot them

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    That statement doesn't apply to anyone, regardless of age.

Can we skip the 21 questions and just get to the part where you make your point?

- most of the younger westernized society is in 'victim' mode

- most of the younger westernized society blames others for their failures, even when the results of their poor decisions are obvious and manifest.

- high level of entitled behaviour present in western society

- ie. very little responsibility is borne out by the people who are directly responsible for their own outcome, and instead blame 'society or 'the system' instead.

Nothing to do with race, everything to do with culture.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post

- most of the younger westernized society blames others for their failures, even when the results of their poor decisions are obvious and manifest.

- ie. very little responsibility is borne out by the people who are directly responsible for their own outcome, and instead blame 'society or 'the system' instead.

These I totally agree with, I was having a conversation a few weeks back regarding buying a house and they kept blaming the older generations for not being able to afford one

I don't know how many ads I get for condos starting in 170's, just because you want a mcmansion doesn't mean you can't settle for less
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

"younger western culture" is about as shitty now as younger western culture was 20 years ago, or 50 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Just searched the Atlanta shooting.
    Clear as day the officer involved did everything right.

He has since been fired and even the Mayor of the city is calling out his actions. #leadership

I actually hope all these cops start walking off the job in protest.
    The politics and pandering happening is insane.

Guys wife: My husband was a chilllll dude, he deserved better.
    *video plays of his violently resisting arrest, stealing a taser and deploying it an an officer*

"I want those cops charged with murder!*

Our society is hopeless.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/experts...ting-1.4983514
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    https://youtu.be/bIdeNc9ZngA

Video shows the guy steal the taser, running away and turning to fire it at the police officer. Wow. The few stories I read said that he was shot in the back while running away.

Looks justifiable in my mind. No doubt police training would say if a person points a distance weapon at you then you shoot them
    It's not about what happend, but the de-escalation of the initial arrest is what they're getting at. Instead of arresting the guy, they could've gave him a ride home instead, and none of this would've happened.

Wouldn't it be great if that was the actual police interaction? Speeding and didn't hurt anyone? Deescalate and warn. That would be the shit. Instead now, if you decide to sleep in your car drunk while you have access to the keys, that's a DUI.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if that was the actual police interaction? Speeding and didn't hurt anyone? Deescalate and warn. That would be the shit. Instead now, if you decide to sleep in your car drunk while you have access to the keys, that's a DUI.
    Thats how policing was in Canada in the 60s and 70s.

But - cops used to go around in 'gangs' and beat up actual bad guys (bullies, rapists etc.) for shits and giggles in the big cities.
    Last edited by revelations; 06-15-2020 at 02:08 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

It's not about what happend, but the de-escalation of the initial arrest is what they're getting at. Instead of arresting the guy, they could've gave him a ride home instead, and none of this would've happened.

wasn't he sleeping in the drive through lane at Wendy's? Passed out while waiting for his JBC goddamn

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

If he got drunk *in* the Wendy’s parking lot I’d agree, but from current evidence he was drunk and drove his vehicle to the Wendy’s and then passed out in the parking lot. Drunk driving still warrants an arrest iirc.

Per your assessment about being in possession of keys or the general law as it stands in Alberta, I agree that overreaches and implies intent.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Sounds to me like what you are proposing is repealing a shitty law ( DUI when not actually driving ) which I would be all for I don’t see the issue in being drunk asleep in your own car not hurting anyone.

(Ignoring the whole passed drunk waiting in the drive through line lol, that’s pretty open and shut DUI)

But end of the day guy was being legitimately arrested for a criminal offence (blew .1) and decided to fight the cops and shoot at one of them with the taser rather than accept that.

If we don’t think something should be an arrestable offence we need to fix that law instead of pretending it didn’t happen because the color of the guys skin makes it an uncomfortable statistic.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

He was drunk behind the wheel, passed out while in line getting a burger.

DUI : "Yeah bro we are just going to drive you home instead of punishing you for being a complete fuckwad. But I hope you've learned that drunk driving=bad!"

Accountability or some shit.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

God damn animals burnt down that Wendy's too in "protest", like the owner and employees were somehow involved. Pure stupidity.

I just read on twitter that police will no longer be enforcing law, instead acting as transportation from crime scene to residence.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    He was drunk behind the wheel, passed out while in line getting a burger.

DUI : "Yeah bro we are just going to drive you home instead of punishing you for being a complete fuckwad. But I hope you've learned that drunk driving=bad!"

Accountability or some shit.
    I did not know about that part. Ok people are stupid.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    Sam harris’ latest is worth a listen if you have a couple hours

This was excellent. Well worth the listen.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    "younger western culture" is about as shitty now as younger western culture was 20 years ago, or 50 years ago.
    This is really, really worth some profound discussion and analysis; but, to find someone qualified enough to analyze this without the bias of their own age label wrecking it sounds impossible.

I'll gently theorize that the power given by social media makes this generation shittier. But... I've figured out that it's really only the most miserable 4% that carpet bomb the complaint box, so maybe I'm being fooled into using broad brush strokes by the behaviour of the few...
    See! This is hard.

Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 ... LastLast