Quantcast
Black Lives Matter discussion - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter discussion

Multiple fires in Minneapolis. Multiple fires in St. Paul. Rioting and protests in many other cities. Shit's getting real in the good old US of A, will be interesting to see how Trump reacts to all of this what with an election looming and all.

My Ride
    This and that.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/geo...793755ae84d86a

Police station lit up by protesters.

It's past 10:30 at night in Minneapolis, but the protests show no sign of slowing -- if anything, they appear to be ratcheting up in intensity, with protesters setting a police precinct on fire.

Police had set up a fence around the precinct earlier, but it has since been pushed over and thousands of protesters are crowding around the precinct, climbing up the building and lighting its exterior on fire.

"The precinct is on fire. We don't know where the police are," said CNN National Correspondent Sara Sidner. "The fire alarm is going on inside ... People are cheering and more fireworks are going off as the police precinct is burning."

There is no sound of a siren in the background, and no sign of firefighters arriving -- a stark contrast to the protests last night, when multiple fire trucks arrived to put out fires.

"The police have made a calculated decision that they're not going enforce what we're seeing behind us," said CNN Correspondent Josh Campbell, who is also on the scene.

It may be because the police know their presence could further inflame tensions and make the situation escalate, Campbell added. "It's a dangerous and volatile situation here. I think the police know that."

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Multiple fires in Minneapolis. Multiple fires in St. Paul. Rioting and protests in many other cities. Shit's getting real in the good old US of A, will be interesting to see how Trump reacts to all of this what with an election looming and all.
    Election tampering is a pretty major part of why they're sending in these outsider domestic terrorist groups to incite this shit in the first place.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Unless there's more to the story then we are seeing, I agree this is a terrible situation all around. The cop that kneed the guy in the neck for minutes on end should be brought up on charges unless there's a reasonable explanation for that. I do appreciate that they are taking their time and getting the full story before simply jumping to conclusions without looking at the evidence. I'm sure this is going to be updated in the next few days. There will definitely be a lawsuit coming up either way and likely a large payout. I really don't think there's enough evidence to prove or even lean to a racial motivation so far and people are jumping to conclusions.

But now mob mentality has set in, and were seeing some ugly ugly scenes in that city. They are burning their city to the ground, and that is, to me, utterly insane. I assume that the longer this goes for, the more people from other cities will be joining as an excuse to take part in riots. It certainly is not helping the narrative. In fact, its doing the exact opposite.
    Last edited by OTown; 05-28-2020 at 11:28 PM.

My Ride
    2010 S4

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Unless there's more to the story then we are seeing, I agree this is a terrible situation all around. The cop that kneed the guy in the neck for minutes on end should be brought up on charges unless there's a reasonable explanation for that. I do appreciate that they are taking their time and getting the full story before simply jumping to conclusions without looking at the evidence. I'm sure this is going to be updated in the next few days. There will definitely be a lawsuit coming up either way and likely a large payout. I really don't think there's enough evidence to prove or even lean to a racial motivation so far and people are jumping to conclusions.

But now mob mentality has set in, and were seeing some ugly ugly scenes in that city. They are burning their city to the ground, and that is, to me, utterly insane. I assume that the longer this goes for, the more people from other cities will be joining as an excuse to take part in riots. It certainly is not helping the narrative. In fact, its doing the exact opposite.
    Oh yeah mob mentality has set in now possible egged on by third parties:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...dnt_start_the/

Video screams Black Block, AntiFA anarchists but rumors floating around that the guy in the video is actually a Cop. The theory being the more unrest they can cause the lees bad the Police will look in the end.

How about this one of cops just spraying mace out their window, seems the Minneapolis PD does not give AF

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minneapolis...for_no_reason/
    Last edited by dubhead; 05-29-2020 at 01:29 AM.

My Ride
    2010 S4

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...death-n1217571

Trump naturally taking credit for things already in motion saying he's sending in the national guard then throwing fuel on the fir by saying when the looting starts the shooting starts....

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Read today the cop knew George. If true, that would add a whole new elemnt to this.

The riots are so misguided. The "reason" is people are worried for their safety and well being from the cops, yet they are looting, starting fires, and gathering in large, violent groups during a pandemic. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    Read today the cop knew George. If true, that would add a whole new elemnt to this.

The riots are so misguided. The "reason" is people are worried for their safety and well being from the cops, yet they are looting, starting fires, and gathering in large, violent groups during a pandemic. Makes sense.
    They apparently both worked as body guards at the same restaurant at the same time period.

One of Trump's flagged tweets from yesterday...

These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won't let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!"
    No mention of his opinion on the police officer's actions, he is conspicuously mute on that.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    "“officers were not restricting his breathing.”

Maybe someone should demonstrate on him, how kneeling on a neck can restrict breathing. I mean, I'm not saying he should die of an overdose, but just a demonstration.

And yes, if you can talk you can breath, but it doesn't mean you're getting enough oxygen to keep you alive.

Can't we all get along?
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    Wow...just wow.

Someone should dig their knee on that fat fuck's throat for 5 minutes and then we can see if his breathing stopped or not. Fucking ridiculous. That being said, if the system is rigged the way we all seem to think, I wouldn't be surprised if the autopsy comes back with a different cause of death than choking.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Wow...just wow.

Someone should dig their knee on that fat fuck's throat for 5 minutes and then we can see if his breathing stopped or not. Fucking ridiculous. That being said, if the system is rigged the way we all seem to think, I wouldn't be surprised if the autopsy comes back with a different cause of death than choking.
    Cause of Death = Covid

Obviously

My Ride
    Silverado

Did he die on scene? Died later? Crushed windpipe? Asphyxiation? Sorry for the ignorance, but I only saw the one video that actually showed the cop kneeling on his neck, not sure where it went from there.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Did he die on scene? Died later? Crushed windpipe? Asphyxiation? Sorry for the ignorance, but I only saw the one video that actually showed the cop kneeling on his neck, not sure where it went from there.
    EMT's checked his pulse at the scene, then loaded him up into the ambulance and took him to the hospital where he was officially pronounced dead.

Trump is like a drunk captain on a sinking ship that is on fire and all he can manage to do is run around pouring gas on the fire. He quoted a racist cop from the 1960's race riots at the protesters... See: https://cdnc.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/cdnc?a=...-txIN--------1

Really makes one appreciate how the Liberals and the rest of the Canadian political parties handled our own protesters and didn't escalate shit for no good reasons. They just let things settle down and burn out.

I really feel bad for the USA and their wingnut president but as the saying goes. You made your own bed now you can sleep in it...

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I feel the same way. And yet there are still a lot of Trump supporters which can really only mean they're happy with their bed. I can't say the rest of the world is overly happy though.

Canada isn't nearly as blatantly obvious about it but we have our corruption and lack of leadership issues too. The fact that the JWR case has basically come-n-gone into the ether, Alberta and Sask have essentially no control over their own destiny means we have our own shit to worry about.
    Last edited by msommers; 05-29-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Edge

But now mob mentality has set in, and were seeing some ugly ugly scenes in that city. They are burning their city to the ground, and that is, to me, utterly insane.
    While it is insane, I think that Black Americans are at their end with this stuff and feel that there is no other way to bring attention to it all. Is this not similar to how ISIS started and was able to get such a foothold? People were so fed up that they supported and joined the movement because they felt they had no other recourse after the government continued to fail to listen to them (iirc).

Not in anyway saying this justifies the actions but pushing people in such a way for so long is inevitably going to result in things such as this.

I assume that the longer this goes for, the more people from other cities will be joining as an excuse to take part in riots. It certainly is not helping the narrative. In fact, its doing the exact opposite.
    Yeah, and for sure there are those in Minneapolis that are doing the same--some "fun" and free stuff. Agreed that this is not going to help anything. This will further fuel White supremacists and such.

Between things such as this and the nature of politics in the U.S., I wouldn't be surprised to see armed uprisings next year, or worse, particularly if the Dems win this Fall. The Dems could very well win because of this. Trump has done some good but his personality has caused so much division that it overshadows everything. It would have been amazing if he wasn't such a narcissist and worked to bring unity. Still would prefer him over Trudeau, by a small margin.

Officer Knee has been arrested finally.

Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast