Black Lives Matter discussion - Page 65 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 55 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1493

Thread: Black Lives Matter discussion

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The charge doesn't matter at this point, the kid is dead. He CHOSE to be at that place in time with his buddies.
    Seriously? So, we should never charge murderers? You argue that "Personal accountability is gone from society today," but then you don't think that a person who kills another without justification should be held accountable, and that on the basis that the other person is dead. Is that really an argument you want to make?

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    It's not like he was walking down the street on his phone and shot in the back. In the end you are responsible for your actions and related consequences regardless of the severity. I can drive around town @ 200km/h and likely be stopped by force if needed. If the chase ends in me dead for whatever reason it's my fault, not the officers for using force to take me down being a threat to others. Personal accountability is gone from society today, maybe more dead criminal kids are needed for them to wake the fuck up. Don't forget, this generation was brought up on "go to timeout" when they fucked up. Sure is working well...
    Not even close. Driving around town at 200 km/h is in no way analogous to a, presumably, unarmed kid running away from the scene of a crime. Sure, he and his friends were supposedly looking to party and broke into an empty home. So what? The cops were there; their job is to deal with the situation. The neighbour should have been a real man and chased the kid down but opens fire instead. Probably trying to look like a real cop to impress the real cops. This goes way beyond personal accountability. There is absolutely no justification you can give for the actions of the neighbour.
    Last edited by duaner; 08-28-2020 at 12:35 PM.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    I'm calling you an idiot because nobody is disagreeing that breaking into a house isn't both criminal and stupid. I'm saying that he didn't deserve to die for it given that he was fleeing, that umadbro with the gun should be charged, and your expectations regarding what is acceptable lethality is bullshit.
    Isn't it a well know fact in the US that Trespassing in any fashion means you run a large chance of being shot? I felt that this is common knowledge

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    Isn't it a well know fact in the US that Trespassing in any fashion means you run a large chance of being shot? I felt that this is common knowledge
    But is that in every state and under any circumstance?

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    But is that in every state and under any circumstance?
    I personally wouldn't chance it but i feel like that was universally understood throughout the US. Cannot say i know 100% though

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Libtards: cRiMiNaL LiVeS mAtTeR! CoMmItTiNg CrImEs DoEsN't MeAn SoMeOnE cAn TaKe YoUr LiFe!!

Also Libtards: We SuPpOrT LaTe TeRm AbOrTiOns aNd wAnT tO LeGaLiZe PoSt-BiRtH aBoRtIoNs!!!!

[QUOTE=Kg810;4899400]Libtards: cRiMiNaL LiVeS mAtTeR! CoMmItTiNg CrImEs DoEsN't MeAn SoMeOnE cAn TaKe YoUr LiFe!!

Also Libtards: We SuPpOrT LaTe TeRm AbOrTiOns aNd wAnT tO LeGaLiZe PoSt-BiRtH aBoRtIoNs!!!![/QUOTE

The upper case/lower case really drives the point home, thanks for that.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    Don't eat the onion.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

[QUOTE=joker;4899408]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    Libtards: cRiMiNaL LiVeS mAtTeR! CoMmItTiNg CrImEs DoEsN't MeAn SoMeOnE cAn TaKe YoUr LiFe!!

Also Libtards: We SuPpOrT LaTe TeRm AbOrTiOns aNd wAnT tO LeGaLiZe PoSt-BiRtH aBoRtIoNs!!!![/QUOTE

No problem.

When you drink the Tequila, you aren't supposed to swallow the worm. Walk without rhythm.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    When you drink the Tequila, you aren't supposed to swallow the worm. Walk without rhythm.
    Or try to realize the truth... tequila has no worm.

My Ride
    2011 Chrarger, 2018 F150

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    The details are outlined in a number of written articles. Are you fairly Liberal leaning by chance?
    Nope but I think myself leaning on the conservative side and I do feel that all parties could potentially have ideas that can help all Canadians. I haven't had a lot of time to review the articles on this and the young adult who had shot those folks at the protest. Just trying to catch up on those now.

Trial by combat I say... If the gods favour you, you shall prevail!

EDIT * I am rewatching GOT right now so I might be unduly influenced...
    Last edited by tirebob; 08-28-2020 at 02:55 PM.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

I'm calling you an idiot because nobody is disagreeing that breaking into a house isn't both criminal and stupid. I'm saying that he didn't deserve to die for it given that he was fleeing, that umadbro with the gun should be charged, and your expectations regarding what is acceptable lethality is bullshit.
    Whether he deserved to die or not is irrelevant. He put himself in a position of getting shot, legally or not. Do you liberal pussies ever make yourselves accountable for your actions, or do you just blame the result?

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    Seriously? So, we should never charge murderers? You argue that "Personal accountability is gone from society today," but then you don't think that a person who kills another without justification should be held accountable, and that on the basis that the other person is dead. Is that really an argument you want to make?
    I'm not saying murderers shouldn't be held accountable, that's for the courts to decide. It's not like the guy randomly shot a kid in the back walking down the street. The kid CHOSE to commit a crime where depending on the people handling said crimes, be it cops or otherwise, can react differently. Another cop probably would have tackled blake and maybe another would have shot him again with a taser. It doesn't matter, every cop will react differently due to human nature, they aren't fucking robots that can memorise procedures in stressful situations. Every situation is different. blake put himself in that position and it's 100% his fault of the outcome. He had plenty of chances to peacefully surrender and none of this would have happened. In the end it doesn't matter what I think or what you think, he is the one wheelchair bound forever because of his actions.

The neighbour should have been a real man and chased the kid down but opens fire instead.
    Justification is irrelevant and I'm not saying it was. The moment the kid breaks into a house he becomes a criminal and puts himself in a situation where death is probable. The outcome can never be controlled especially in a trigger happy country where protection of personal property is likely getting shot. The neighbour guy will likely get convicted of murder by the courts and that will be that. That dead kid ran into the wrong neighbour at the wrong time, can't change that. What I don't want to see, from a police prospective, is a softening on crime where people can just do whatever because police are handcuffed and can't use deadly force when necessary. Only Liberal pussies see 'OMG police shot a guy 7 times in the back' when they should see 'Oh shit my ass might get capped if I don't obey law enforcement commands'.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Folks, you realize that all of this is meaningless - next week or next month something else will happen in the US to offend, and everyone will immediately jump onto one fence or the other.

No doubt this will be ramped up in time for November.

The binary narrative is paramount and we are being played by the mass media. Pure entertainment.

What is important is the collapse of the entire financial system thats happening in front of our very eyes.

BLM / ANTIFA / jesus wont matter one iota when store shelves are empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Homerrca View Post
    Nope but I think myself leaning on the conservative side and I do feel that all parties could potentially have ideas that can help all Canadians. I haven't had a lot of time to review the articles on this and the young adult who had shot those folks at the protest. Just trying to catch up on those now.
    Fair enough. I was just curious since it seems to be a tendency of the left to not research anything. They want fast microwaved facts. So they tend to read headlines, and form an entire opinion from that without actually diving into the information.

Dibs on Holiday tinned meat.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Totes. Breaking into a vacant property to have a party sounds like a reason to be shot by a neighour.

Kid broke into a vacant home. Neighbour was sitting on his back deck with a gun at the ready and shot the kid as he was fleeiong. Did you not read the article?

Cool, let's excuse stupid behaviour. The kid didn't break into the shooters home. The kid was running away and the shooter shot him in the back.

I didn't think people would share compassion. I figured that they'd defend a guy that sat on the back deck waiting for the fleeing kid to run by and shoot him.
    You certainly have a narrative in mind. I never agreed that this kid deserved to die, and the article doesn't really summarize the events the way you're choosing to present them. Did you read it?

The shooting of Mendez-Perez unfolded just after 1 a.m. on April 23, when he and four other high school friends were suspected of breaking into a vacant rental home in northeast Denver, according to court documents. The family said in their lawsuit that the friends knew no one was living there and were looking to party.

Manning and his family lived directly behind the home. Police records say his wife had said goodnight to their son and was about to go to bed when she saw about five males attempt to break in and called 911.

She woke up Manning, who told investigators that he then grabbed a handgun from a lock box, made sure the house was secured and waited for police to arrive.

Manning's wife then called 911 a second time after seeing the group inside the neighboring home.

After Denver police arrived at the scene, according to police records, the group inside the vacant home scattered, with Mendez-Perez and a friend, Andy Munoz, climbing a fence into Manning's backyard.

Manning, waiting with his pistol, turned on his porch light and fired five times as Mendez-Perez and Munoz ran away, according to the lawsuit.
    A more accurate summarization would be as follows:

1. 5 people broke into a house, and then broke into an adjacent house.

2. Wife woke up husband, who armed himself and then secured their own property.

3. Some of suspects then jumped a fence into Mannings backyard, who was aware of the unfolding situation by this point and then shot at them and they ran away.

You're insinuating that Manning was basically doing this:

I don't think this kid deserved to die, and in a country where gun ownership is as ubiquitous as oxygen, I'm not surprised that he did either.

This specific incident has nothing to do with race. And your desire to paint a narrative like anyone who disagrees with you is somehow lacking compassion or a racist (more so gwill, who has made his anti-police rhetoric known for a long time), is also fueling the ongoing problem of division. Critical thinking plays an important role here.

Only in a brutal society does "Securing property" exceed "murder". As far as I'm concerned, the vast majority of all those Texans protecting "their land" was all just land that was communally divided to whites centuries ago after being taken from the natives. The US being founded on theft, communism and slavery.

It is accurate to say that the US does heavily reward murder however.

If you have to use a rifle and aim to protect your property, its not really protection.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 08-28-2020 at 07:25 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    NC1

So what happened here? I'm guessing the home owner was so pissed off raging upset, consumed with emotion that his sanctuary (home) was violated that he shot them in the back? So if he was more chill he could have just fired off a couple warning shots and call it a day and file a police report?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    So what happened here? I'm guessing the home owner was so pissed off raging upset, consumed with emotion that his sanctuary (home) was violated that he shot them in the back? So if he was more chill he could have just fired off a couple warning shots and call it a day and file a police report?
    What's happening here is we can't trust what anybody writes these days regardless if they're left or right leaning. Have to be your own investigative journalist to figure out what really happened.

Everyone has a narrative. Everyone has an agenda. I've stopped watching the news as much as possible these days, and my head's in a much better place. Media is just out there to incite anger, everyone is slowly gravitating towards extremism. I'll randomly investigate the big stories here and there, try not to put emotion behind it, just to understand for myself what happened. Much better for my sanity.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 55 64 65 66 ... LastLast