Quantcast
Black Lives Matter discussion - Page 68 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 58 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1493

Thread: Black Lives Matter discussion

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The unfortunate thing is that in Colorado as well as the majority of states, legal force is allowed to be used in that situation. One size doesn’t fit all is true, remember how rural Alberta wanted castle doctrine because of how useless rural police coverage was? What’s ok there is not ok in your backyard in suburban Calgary to most sane people, but how do you work that out where it’s acceptable to everyone?

The issues are way more complex than the rhetoric being presented. The most important thing in all this is, nobody can criticize beyond for not having a well balanced moderation team.
    At least you seem balanced.....chemically. More than we can say for your counterpart.

My Ride
    Model S

So Jacob Blake, the left’s new rallying cry, literally grabbed a woman by the pussy.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...Complaint.html

My Ride
    NC1

Ya .... he wasn’t a model citizen but the issue still is, public perception, cops get off unscathed physically not even a scratch and Buddy is paralyzed surviving 6 bullets.

Anyway so what exactly does the mob want? Public hanging of those officers? Eye for an eye!?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    (and very young owners allowed).
    You can own a non-restricted rifle at 12 here in canada. Restricted at 18.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    So Jacob Blake, the left’s new rallying cry, literally grabbed a woman by the pussy.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...Complaint.html
    Talk about enabling him. He is going to be right at pussy height now.

Name:  20200831_081635.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  32.3 KB
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 08-31-2020 at 08:19 AM.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    You can own a non-restricted rifle at 12 here in canada. Restricted at 18.
    But you cannot walk the street with either in Canada. Let's remember that the USA is a completely different country where shooting people for hoping your fence is completely legal defense of your property. Right or wrong (to us Canadians), that is the bed the Americans made. They can deal with all the outcomes of that.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    But you cannot walk the street with either in Canada. Let's remember that the USA is a completely different country where shooting people for hoping your fence is completely legal defense of your property. Right or wrong (to us Canadians), that is the bed the Americans made. They can deal with all the outcomes of that.
    You would be surprised quite how open the transport requirements are for non restricted rifles in Canada. At least how the letter of the law is written. Will you get an ERT team called on you and lose a few teeth to pavement? Probably. But actually against the law? Pretty much the only thing you can’t do is have it loaded where you can’t shoot it which is quickly fixed.

Non restricted rifle below for context.
    Name:  B5C0593F-F3AE-42D4-A6D3-B3A49F555022.jpeg
Views: 355
Size:  46.7 KB

I guess my point is, if you think people getting fed up and shooting rioters is an exclusively American problem. Think again.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Attachment 93878

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Not true, you can walk around with, for eg. a non-restricted shot gun all day long as long as you dont point it at anyone or keep it loaded.

But true, we cannot shoot people here for simply hopping your fence - UNLESS they are threatening to come over and kill you for eg.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post

Name:  20200831_081635.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  32.3 KB
    If I'm understanding the 2020 correctly, Jacob Blake should be getting cancelled?

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Not true, you can walk around with, for eg. a non-restricted shot gun all day long as long as you dont point it at anyone or keep it loaded.
    Understood but how many rational minded people are going to walk around with an unloaded shot gun or AR type non-restricted and expect the Cops not to be called out in 2 seconds and have their guns pointed at you.

I feel like once the Cops are aiming at you, you need to stop and listen and quit pushing the situation in to further action. Whether that be getting tasered or shot 7 times.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Understood but how many rational minded people are going to walk around with an unloaded shot gun or AR type non-restricted and expect the Cops not to be called out in 2 seconds and have their guns pointed at you.

I feel like once the Cops are aiming at you, you need to stop and listen and quit pushing the situation in to further action. Whether that be getting tasered or shot 7 times.

I think if the American level of stupidity spreads here, we could definitely see more people armed, walking the streets and the cops, being defunded, wont do a fucking thing.

We had someone in our community go door knocking and asking for people to join a police-defund movement.

Again, woe to the criminals in that case - and also bystanders, potentially.
    Last edited by revelations; 08-31-2020 at 10:14 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    It's even more depressing when people in Canada think we're like the U.S. and want to defund the police and topple statues.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/rally-cal...park-1.5084617

I feel sad for Canada's future.
    That's what pisses me off. The racism here, while it definitely exists, is nowhere close to what it is in the US. We are apples and oranges.

Yea, you need to read the rules buddy. My 12 year old can walk on the streets with a non-restricted rifle over his shoulder as long as its not loaded. That is literally the only requirement other than possessing the license itself.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    That's what pisses me off. The racism here, while it definitely exists, is nowhere close to what it is in the US. We are apples and oranges.
    The degree of racism in the US is vastly overblown as well.

My Ride
    ute

My Ride
    NC1

What would Jake Peralta do
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The degree of racism in the US is vastly overblown as well.
    Not if you just change the definition of racism, which is what the left has been doing for years.

My Ride
    Model S

Yeah, the racism thing is a huge lie to be honest. Just based on all of the incidents that make the news, I was like yeah, wow, looks like we have a problem.

After looking more into things, like crime data and use of force data, not only do we absolutely not have those problems, but the numbers are actually the opposite. Black people, by far, commit more violent crimes against each other and against whites, than whites commit against them. Turns out, unarmed white people are even killed more by police, that just doesn't get the media outrage.

On top of that, almost every story is buried in lies if you dig in to the facts. I just found out that the Breonna Taylor case was so horribly misreported as well. It's unfortunate that she died, but it was a completely justified use of force, and she was deeply involved in a drug dealing ring called "no limit crew". There was a dead guy found in her car. All the stuff about the wrong address/wrong guy was a lie. Leaked investigation notes, including prison calls and surveillance about her involvement, right here: https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/re...mary-redacted1

People protesting and rioting haven't bothered looking into any of this. Neither have the sports teams. It's just mindless reactionary bullshit. A lot of them mean well, and they assume that the victim narratives are true. They're good people, just lost. And then there are a lot of anarchists and criminals who are just rationalizing their shitty behavior.

On top of that, they keep accusing "white supremacists" of being responsible. Anyone who is less than militant radical left is a white supremacist/nazi/fascist now.

This isn't to say that a country of 330 million people has zero racists, obviously that is absurd. But that isn't what we are talking about. And if we want to start slicing the data and ranking the racism, white americans, despite the confederate hillbilly stereotype, happen to be near the bottom. I think only asian americans are lower.

It's funny that the left coined the "alternative facts" and "post-truth" memes in response to Trump's bullshit, and they have completely stolen that title from him now.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

That sounds like nazi talk to me, bud.

Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 58 67 68 69 ... LastLast