Quantcast
Black Lives Matter discussion - Page 58 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 48 57 58 59 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1493

Thread: Black Lives Matter discussion

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-14-2020 at 12:30 AM.

My Ride
    ute

Progressives: "whites are privileged."

Also progressives: "don't put that on a tshirt"

Do people forget there are some pretty clear rules of engagement when it comes to shooting someone? Police don't get to shoot anyone they want that don't immediately obey their directions.

I'm sure a large portion of police dealings start with people not obeying things right away. It seems many of you think that person should be shot.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do people forget there are some pretty clear rules of engagement when it comes to shooting someone? Police don't get to shoot anyone they want that don't immediately obey their directions.

I'm sure a large portion of police dealings start with people not obeying things right away. It seems many of you think that person should be shot.
    I'm pretty sure that tacit acceptance of looting is also something that isn't allowed.

Progressives certainly have a selective use for laws

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Where has anyone in this thread said that not complying with police instructions be grounds for lethal force?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Either that cop has a shitty aim or the dude's been eating his veggies.

7 shots lol.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Either that cop has a shitty aim or the dude's been eating his veggies.

7 shots lol.
    Well, hopefully someone with actual law enforcement training can confirm or correct this but I thought the general guideline was something like if a cop is willing to pull a gun and pull the trigger once they need to be willing to finish the job. Once they've made the decision it's in for a penny, in for a pound and if that's the case then three shots or seven, what's the difference?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think in Canada there's a much higher threshold for even drawing the gun from the holster. Woukd this situation even qualify if it was in Calgary?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    Well, hopefully someone with actual law enforcement training can confirm or correct this but I thought the general guideline was something like if a cop is willing to pull a gun and pull the trigger once they need to be willing to finish the job. Once they've made the decision it's in for a penny, in for a pound and if that's the case then three shots or seven, what's the difference?
    The way it was explained to me is that police don't shoot to kill and they don't shoot to wound, they shoot to stop a threat. If it takes one round or a full magazine, the threat no longer presenting itself is what ends an engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I think in Canada there's a much higher threshold for even drawing the gun from the holster. Woukd this situation even qualify if it was in Calgary?
    We don't even know what the full situation was, so we can't really say whether or not it would have happened here. The complainant has the advantage now in the sense they can say whatever they please to the media to spin this the way they want and the police are pretty much forced to not release anything until further along in the investigation. For all we know, he was going into the SUV to grab a gun that the cops behind him saw when they were at the drivers door, which apparently is something he has a history of carrying.
    Last edited by FraserB; 08-24-2020 at 04:27 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

What should happen, and what does happen are two verrry different things. Being right but dead isn't helpful to you or your loved ones.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

On Portland:
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    Where has anyone in this thread said that not complying with police instructions be grounds for lethal force?
    all the posters justifying the cops actions by saying the guy walking away from the cop is to blame.

It seems they think anyone who doesn't immediately comply should get shot.

all the posters justifying the cops actions by saying the guy walking away from the cop is to blame.

Who said that though? It's not just that he walked away, he walked directly to his vehicle and opened the door to reach in for god knows what. If it turns out to be a gun and the guy spins around to start shooting, it's too late. They can't just wait to see what the guy is doing.

On the other hand, the cops should've been able to subdue this guy before he got to the car door.

In any sense, it's obvious he was just another innocent black man being brought down by the white devil patriarchy.....................
    https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020...j8xglVG2cmuzRc

So do you have a different opinion yet now that it seems likely the police were making an arrest for a violent criminal warrant? Do you think that might have affected the way they dealt with the guy?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

No one is saying that not complying immediately deserves to be met with lethal force. People are saying that the lack of compliance, along with his other actions and compliance methods used, all played a part and apparently whatever the officers observed once they got to the door was enough to escalate to lethal force. Although now it looks like his status as a felon, his previous use of a firearm during the commission of a felony and resisting arrest would have all played a role in how police approached him, especially when he had an outstanding warrant for domestic and sexual assault charges.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    A picture is worth a thousand thoughts.

Attachment 93738
    Future RAM TRX owner.

Attachment 93738
    I see a man who wanted to start a business.

What do you see?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Progressives: "whites are privileged."

Also progressives: "don't put that on a tshirt"
    Pretty much this
    "How dare you embrace what we tell you you are"

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Last edited by 90_Shelby; 09-04-2020 at 10:25 AM.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    I see a man who wanted to start a business.

What do you see?

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much this
    "How dare you embrace what we tell you you are"
    LOL holy fuck what a cringey post. I hope you're being sarcastic and I just ate the bait.

But, if not... from the article:
    Zahrejko said he created the TikTok videos and much of the content that includes messages like “it’s great to be white” and “let’s stand together.”
    Granted, I haven't seen the videos. I'm sure they aren't intimidating or anything like that. Unfortunately, there's a big perception problem tied to the whole "it's great to be white" crowd and so it's not exactly surprising that people didn't welcome it with open arms.

Next, this "business owner" decided to do absolutely zero market research into where the term comes from, how it's used, or how it's perceived by a SIGNIFICANT portion of the population... and I'm supposed to feel bad for this idiot because the market turned around and told him to stop being an idiot?

Or what - that this is some hilarious double standard "gotcha" for the #wokelefty bunch to chew on? Get fucking real my guy(s). You can't be serious.

Here's a good take: the dumbass got what he deserved for creating a deliberately polarizing name and brand. He did a shit job of managing it and it didn't work out. Boohoo. Rebrand, don't be an idiot, and hire a better designer for your shirts.

And certainly, if you're going to create a brand based on and named after a highly-polarizing term, maybe do your fucking due diligence and decide if you have the chops for it. At least learn how the market is likely to REACT to it.

--

EDIT: FFS if you're gonna create a deliberate counter-culture brand with messages like "It's great to be white", why not fucking OWN it and trigger the #wokelefties while sponging up all that #conservativemoneyhoney. It's not illegal to be an asshole and make money off of it when it comes to poorly-designed print-on-demand clothing.

Dude's just a shit business person in general.

My Ride
    *The First*

Attachment 93738
    Wow, I can't believe that plane crash and fire didn't burn off more of Travis Barker's tattoos!

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    LOL holy fuck what a cringey post. I hope you're being sarcastic and I just ate the bait.

But, if not... from the article:

Granted, I haven't seen the videos. I'm sure they aren't intimidating or anything like that. Unfortunately, there's a big perception problem tied to the whole "it's great to be white" crowd and so it's not exactly surprising that people didn't welcome it with open arms.

Next, this "business owner" decided to do absolutely zero market research into where the term comes from, how it's used, or how it's perceived by a SIGNIFICANT portion of the population... and I'm supposed to feel bad for this idiot because the market turned around and told him to stop being an idiot?

Or what - that this is some hilarious double standard "gotcha" for the #wokelefty bunch to chew on? Get fucking real my guy(s). You can't be serious.

Here's a good take: the dumbass got what he deserved for creating a deliberately polarizing name and brand. He did a shit job of managing it and it didn't work out. Boohoo. Rebrand, don't be an idiot, and hire a better designer for your shirts.

And certainly, if you're going to create a brand based on and named after a highly-polarizing term, maybe do your fucking due diligence and decide if you have the chops for it. At least learn how the market is likely to REACT to it.

--

EDIT: FFS if you're gonna create a deliberate counter-culture brand with messages like "It's great to be white", why not fucking OWN it and trigger the #wokelefties while sponging up all that #conservativemoneyhoney. It's not illegal to be an asshole and make money off of it when it comes to poorly-designed print-on-demand clothing.

Dude's just a shit business person in general.
    The whole point of my post was to point out the ironic parallel of 01RedDX, who has typically taken a very left leaning stance, judging someone based solely off how they look.

And yes, you took the bait. I agree he is a shit business person and his business is in terrible taste.

Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 48 57 58 59 68 ... LastLast