Quantcast
Black Lives Matter discussion - Page 34 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 34 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter discussion

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by syscal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What kills me in this, is social media. So much bad information, for the likes. "#BlackoutTuesday, don't forget about me today. I'm important too. Don't forget to like my black screen post. Do you like me still? I'll resend this every hour today to be sure".
    Yeah, the social media aspect was always annoying, no matter the event. If you want change, go do something of value about it, not some silly bullshit on changing your profile picture to feel better about yourself. People shouldn't even start about the "awareness" part. It's clear most just want others to know they "care". The worst ones are when people share condolences on their social media, lol. Like I'm sure anyone who is involved sees that...

Coles note: All talk and no action = you're lame.

My Ride
    NC1

What's the breakdown of who controls what in America?

When it comes to Mainstream Media, Big Tech, Hollywood, Education, aren't most of them controlled by Left/Liberals? If so how is there systemic racism? Or do white ppl only care about successful/talented black people?

I'm trying to word this carefully in case I get snitched on and there's a protest outside my store
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post

When it comes to Mainstream Media, Big Tech, Hollywood, Education, aren't most of them controlled by Left/Liberals? If so how is there systemic racism? Or do white ppl only care about successful/talented black people?

I'm trying to word this carefully in case I get snitched on and there's a protest outside my store
    Watch from 21:54 on (unless you're interested in American foreign policy and such). Larry does address your question at some point.

Edited: Your question is addressed beginning around 40:47.
    Last edited by duaner; 06-10-2020 at 04:06 PM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    I agree that what happen to Floyd was a terrible situation but to make that the soap box to stand on and launch a movement seems a bit strange especially with him being compare to MLK and what he did. It's not the same.
    This is why you have a gang of violent white protesters in Seattle now demanding the SPD be disbanded.

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    I havent chimed in a lot in this thread but this is ridiculous. This is the epitome of the privileged looking down on others. Its clear you see a black persons life as less meaningful over the fact hes done drugs and hasnt lived life to your standards.

The guy was murdered. His life choices dont make his life worth less then the white kid growing up in the suburbs.

If one of your family members were murdered do you think it would be important for people to point out their flaws while discussing what a piece of shit they were?

Come back to reality. The world is a big place. People who do drugs or have committed a crime dont deserve to be murdered. No one does. Their life isnt worth less then the perfect life you seem to live.
    Nobody said his life was worth less. They said his life was not worth more. It's called equality, you should give it a thought some time you fucking racist.

And how does this show someone thinks a black life is worth less when their opinion would be the same about any white person?
    Last edited by Misterman; 06-10-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post

Mainstream media is pretty much split down the middle. There's more left leaning channels but Fox dominates in the ratings to take up slightly less than half of the market share. News papers are pretty split, radio is heavily right wing, the internet is who the heck knows.

Big Tech is performatively left wing, but realistically run by profitability. If it was profitable to be pro-trump they would do that in a heart beat.

Hollywood is super left wing in what they say, but for hiring practices and content.....not very progressive until forced to be so. Basically same as big tech, they're left wing as long as it doesn't cost them money

Education is state by state. Some states still do abstinence only and teach that the civil war was about states rights. Some states teach about transgender issues. Higher education humanities classes are almost totally left wing.

Now, while it's super cool that the left can have rainbows on google home page and make movies about lesbians, I think you're missing the bigger picture:

Right wing currently controls the presidency, the Senate, the supreme court, an overwhelming amount of the lower courts, a near super majority of governorships, and all levels of government that is under the executive and judicial branches.

Corporations with little to no public exposure, especially banks, are mostly right leaning, or at the very least super capitalist.

Every branch of military, police, intelligence, etc is majority right wing

The Democrats have to run Joe Biden, the guy who championed one of the harshest crime bills in history, doesn't want public health care, and wants to work with the Republicans. 2016 and 2020 showed us that any sort of democrat that will do more than give lip service to actual progressivism just won't make it.

So if you want to know who is running the country, instead of worrying about who's on the TV, worry about who making and enforcing the rules.

It's the paradox of right wingers crying because Alex Jones got kicked off YouTube while writing bills to make it illegal to record the police.
    Last edited by Antonito; 06-10-2020 at 04:21 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Big Tech is left wing, there is no way around that. It is left wing in policy, and left wing in ideology. Any other conclusion is simply disingenuous.

Mayors are predominantly democrat (and they control the police), and a large majority of Americans live in democrat mayor controlled cities.

Name:  mayors.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  28.1 KB

Governors are about evenly split, although by population about 175 million of the 325 million Americans live under a democrat governer.

Same with state Attorney General.

Big Tech talks the talk, but also has to be bludgeoned to get the most blatant abusers of their policies booted off if they are popular. Milo was doxing trans-people for ages and didn't get booted till he said he encouraged underage sex

I'm behind the times, seems like just yesterday the Republicans were nearing the 3/4s governors needed to impeach the speaker of the house

Mayors control the police in as far as they have the nuclear option of fucking with their budget or disbanding them and hoping to not get voted out, which is what's finally happening now after weeks of bloody protests

My Ride
    ute

Big tech talks a big game in terms of toxic progressive values. Then they create policy of toxic progressive values. Then they practice internal operations based on toxic progressive values.

I'm willing to take them at face value at this point.

Ah yes well known progressive policies such as union busting

Are you alluding to the guy who sent out a mass email complaining about women that was fired?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Lol the left wingers left the unions in their dust a long time ago and for good reason, nothing sexy about pandering to mid 40’s dudes who earn the living through sweat. Pandering to 1000+ genders is way more this century.

No one cares, or should care about unions anymore. No one of any political stripes.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Antonito View Post
    Ah yes well known progressive policies such as union busting

Are you alluding to the guy who sent out a mass email complaining about women that was fired?
    You're making an argument that THEY pretty much don't even bother making any more.

https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...e-left-leaning

My Ride
    *The First*

Did anyone already point out that the CBC suspended legendary female anchor, journalist and cancer survivor Wendy Mesley? She apparently used "a word that should never be used" and while I can't find it, I'm pretty confident it wasn't in the context of "yo, all dem niggaz deserves what's they'z gettinz!!"
    In fact, it's already known that she was quoting someone else. So here we are... Pulling down statues and not letting people read quotes from others if bad words because feelings. Free speech is a bit of a joke when you aren't permitted to read aloud someone else's words!!
    All those nut jobs who constantly chant "the Left will eat itself" are looking a whole lot less crazy.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    I read that at the very end after you make a point of calling the guy a piece of shit because he did drugs or he had a criminal record in the past. WTF DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH HIM BEING MURDERED?

You go further then that and make sure to point out that his life was meaningless as he was most likely going to slip away died in a drug deal. WTF?

And then after all your judgements on this guys life you say he didnt deserve to be murdered.

Congrats on your priviledge. The ivory tower you live in must be super cozy. Let's hope you dont make a post about a dying or dead family member as you'll certainly not have any compassion showed.
    What does that even mean? People who put the work in and are successful over others are privileged? My boss has a Masters in Mech Engineering and degree in aeronautics, all paid for and earned on his own, he is privileged now? Only chicken shit leftists who sit on their ass all day living on social assistance their entire lives use that word. Unless something has drastically changed over the past 50 years, anyone can rise to the top from nothing with hard work and determination.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Unless something has drastically changed over the past 50 years, anyone can rise to the top from nothing with hard work and determination.
    I like to think most ppl agree with this statement.

What are the stats in regards to Indigenous people? I feel like if there's a race that has had the cards stacked against them ....

I ask a lot of questions so I hope you guys can answer them. I'm all for a healthy dialogue.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    What does that even mean? People who put the work in and are successful over others are privileged? My boss has a Masters in Mech Engineering and degree in aeronautics, all paid for and earned on his own, he is privileged now? Only chicken shit leftists who sit on their ass all day living on social assistance their entire lives use that word. Unless something has drastically changed over the past 50 years, anyone can rise to the top from nothing with hard work and determination.
    Were you asking a question or looking for a place to verbal vomit?
    Ultracrepidarian

Lol this thread went side ways a bit.

I think we should view this on 2 points.

1) How sad do you feel about the loss George Floyd?

2) What should be the consequence of murder under police custody?

IMO, no im not sad about George. He isnt a giant loss to society. But I do not believe he deserves to be murdered over such petty issues.

The officer should pay for his actions. He deserves a 1st degree murder.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Were you asking a question or looking for a place to verbal vomit?
    You seem to be upset people are more successful than you with less work put it. That’s just white privilege right?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Yikes.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

In dreamland here but wish society was simplier than it actually is.

Just issue death by knee choke to Chauvin and I bet ya everything would have been settled quickly. So much money saved, reduced damage to property/stolen goods. What's fair is fair. Too bad society is so "humane". Don't want to get in trouble? Don't do shitty things. Simple.

Page 34 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 ... LastLast