Quantcast
Black Lives Matter discussion - Page 32 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 32 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter discussion

Well. Technically this virus has already been more lethal to the USA than all post WWII wars combined, and its realistically only infected maybe one or two percent of the population. I have no doubt that the USA will use this to wipe out Guam. I mean, why use an aircraft carrier to bomb it, when you can blame it on a natural disease.

Is it racist to wipe out an indigineous population? I'd say - Yes, definitely.

As for China - Well. I'd hate to be an island state in the South China Sea that is not currently already owned by China.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-09-2020 at 09:14 AM.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bob Woodson Talks George Floyd Protests, Riots & Racism

Out of curiosity, what are everyone's thoughts on this?
    So good, and I agree with a lot of what he said.

Not to sounds too conspiracy theorist, but if you want to understand true motives of anyone, follow the money.

Edit: Apparently I've given out too much rep in the last 24 hours, but I'll be back.

I'm not even sure how I feel lately trying to 'discuss' some of these race issues with casual friends - the type you have on fb, but don't care if they vanish. It's a mixture of annoyance, frustration, baffled indignation?.. That people can hold such strong opinions as SJW's, but in fact be the more racist ones in the conversation, but yet be so oblivious to it, and completely refuse to even listen to another view.. They want to harp about how XYZ group needs special care, attention, recognition, and only THEY can grant them the attention they need, as if they're some sort of superior... But you point out to them that whenever a subset group is given special attention, good or bad - is when it leads to animosity, exclusion, resentment...etc

I've been deleted by folks who think that is a racist stance - pointing out that any group shouldn't be given special privilege, because of what it leads to (I must be so threatened by other groups?). The past handful of decades have shown division to only get worse, as more groups are formed on the left side of things - it breeds contempt and causes the right side of the equation to unite. That said, the right side of the equation is more inclusive and accepting than anytime in history, so it's no wonder they get fed up when the goal posts keep moving, and it's never enough.. The left eating its own is also a perfect example of how you can never be virtuous enough.
    Last edited by Supa Dexta; 06-09-2020 at 11:48 AM.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by Supa Dexta View Post
    I'm not even sure how I feel lately trying to 'discuss' some of these race issues with casual friends - the type you have on fb, but don't care if they vanish. It's a mixture of annoyance, frustration, baffled indignation?.. That people can hold such strong opinions as SJW's, but in fact be the more racist ones in the conversation, but yet be so oblivious to it, and completely refuse to even listen to another view.. They want to harp about how XYZ group needs special care, attention, recognition, and only THEY can grant them the attention they need, as if they're some sort of superior... But you point out to them that whenever a subset group is given special attention, good or bad - is when it leads to animosity, exclusion, resentment...etc

I've been deleted by folks who think that is a racist stance - pointing out that any group shouldn't be given special privilege, because of what it leads to (I must be so threatened by other groups?). The past handful of decades have shown division to only get worse, as more groups are formed on the left side of things - it breeds contempt and causes the right side of the equation to unite. That said, the right side of the equation is more inclusive and accepting than anytime in history, so it's no wonder they get fed up when the goal posts keep moving, and it's never enough.. The left eating its own is also a perfect example of how you can never be virtuous enough.
    That people think in left vs. right is really the problem. It isn't human to human, person to person anymore.

I also find it interesting that you claim everything the right does is based on what the left does. What does that say about your worldview?

Thats not what I'm saying at all...

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by Supa Dexta View Post
    Thats not what I'm saying at all...
    Your second paragraph implies it, and it's not exactly subtle. Maybe "everything" is a bit much, but you certainly frame the right as reactive to the left as opposed to acting in its own self-interests.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    That people think in left vs. right is really the problem. It isn't human to human, person to person anymore.

I also find it interesting that you claim everything the right does is based on what the left does. What does that say about your worldview?
    It's not left vs right.

However, it is certainly an orthodoxy. The concept of "systemic racism" is identical to the Catholic concept of Original Sin - except it is for secular middle class white folks. The concept of "woke" is now pretty much just a religion like any other.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Here's another interesting take on the issue.

Racism is a big business in north america. Both in gross dollars and political currency.

Slavery still exists legally in the USA. People might want to watch 13th documentary. As soon as you are a convicted criminal, the way the law is written absolutely allows slavery. Should the USA keep slavery?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirte...s_Constitution
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-09-2020 at 07:56 PM.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Floyd got a horse drawn carriage, not bad for a multiple convicted criminal and drug addict. I don’t think the pope got a funeral that big. Who’s funding this? Dems?

Can we just move on from this crap now? I hope come Monday we are back to hating each other the old fashion way, regardless of race.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Floyd got a horse drawn carriage, not bad for a multiple convicted criminal and drug addict. I don’t think the pope got a funeral that big. Who’s funding this? Dems?

Can we just move on from this crap now? I hope come Monday we are back to hating each other the old fashion way, regardless of race.
    Floyd Mayweather
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Meh. A funeral of any magnitude is pointless if you are the one in the casket. I assume people are funding this a greater message to the society.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Good read:

https://medium.com/@OfcrACab/confess...p-bb14d17bc759

So dont ever talk to cops? Cool.

Christopher Columbus statues being beheaded and completely toppled now.

Who knew that anyone would take the Simpsons seriously.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

sounds like you're making it sound that someone who does drugs and is a criminal doesn't deserve a nice funeral..

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    sounds like you're making it sound that someone who does drugs and is a criminal doesn't deserve a nice funeral..
    A nice funeral is one thing but to be held in higher regard than the average person as a beacon of humanity is disingenuous at best and an insult at worst. The reality is that George Floyd was a career criminal who died with Fentanyl & Methamphetamine in his system and could have just as easily slipped away unnoticed by the world in a drug deal gone bad or something else just as mundane. He didn't deserve to die the way he did, nobody does, but he was no saint either and his path in life put him in harm's way on a regular basis.
    Last edited by Masked Bandit; 06-10-2020 at 10:14 AM.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Was wondering why it was taking so long for the victim blaming to start. Never change, beyond.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Was wondering why it was taking so long for the victim blaming to start. Never change, beyond.
    He was a scumbag AND he was a victim of police brutality. Both of these things can be true.

Although in the mind of a progressive woke, being a victim is heroic in and of itself.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    "Get off the cross, we need the wood"

- Wayne
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Page 32 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast