Quantcast
Black Lives Matter discussion - Page 62 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 52 61 62 63 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1493

Thread: Black Lives Matter discussion

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

White kid does something stupid , “he’s looking for trouble” and is going to get what he deserves , but when a black guy does the same thing...

Pick a lane?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Probably not the best source, but this twitter account (trigger warning it's right leaning) is all over this kid. Has tons of videos compiled of him before and through the night.

https://twitter.com/elijahschaffer?lang=en

It's the only place I found that compiled everything together.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

The peaceful protestors were peacefully throwing molotovs and peacefully pointing a gun at him and peacefully trying to crush his skull with a skateboard ok

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    White kid does something stupid , “he’s looking for trouble” and is going to get what he deserves , but when a black guy does the same thing...

Pick a lane?
    White kid puts himself into a situation that is 100% obviously going to end badly (deciding that guarding cars is worth shooting someone over) and other people end up dead because of it

Black guy puts himself in a situation that is 100% obviously going to end badly (walking into his car when cops are telling him to stop) and he ends up nearly dead because of it.

Seems like there's a difference in outcomes here

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    That deserves a negative rep but I won't be like that.

Basketball is great.
    I should've clarified. Basketball as a sport is fine, not my thing but whatever, but the players and coaches need to just shut their mouth and play. This is just athletes in general. Just because they have a public, nationwide, mic available to them doesn't mean they can speak the bullshit they do, especially when they don't have all the facts. Most of them are uneducated morons that grew up playing a sport and made it big because of their physical talent. Lebron James is a high school graduate and in no position to influece the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of his fans. The NBA players in general are just fueling the riot BLM movement fire by negatively portraying the police. What they should do is a call for calm because right now everything they say is just making things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonito View Post
    White kid puts himself into a situation that is 100% obviously going to end badly (deciding that guarding cars is worth shooting someone over) and other people end up dead because of it. Branded by the Right as "most likely a patriot who was defending himself"

Black guy puts himself in a situation that is 100% obviously going to end badly (walking into his car when cops are telling him to stop) and he ends up nearly dead because of it.

ftfy

My Ride
    Family Hauler

White kid puts himself into a situation that is 100% obviously going to end badly (deciding that guarding cars is worth shooting someone over) and other people end up dead because of it

You forgot that the black person had a felony warrant for sexual assault, resisted arrest, was tased and still resisted, ignored 6 police officers pointing guns at him and reach into a vehicle, and had a past of resisting arrest. But yeah US cops are crazy for shooting him he was probably grabbing a white surrender flag from his car.

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    You forgot that the black person had a felony warrant for sexual assault, resisted arrest, was tased and still resisted, ignored 6 police officers pointing guns at him and reach into a vehicle, and had a past of resisting arrest. But yeah US cops are crazy for shooting him he was probably grabbing a white surrender flag from his car.
    I said it was obvious it was going to end badly, which it did.

It's a weird criteria some of you have for shooting:

ignoring police commands? Shoot him, he deserves it

Setting fire to a car? Shoot him, he deserves it

Trying to stop a guy who just shot someone? Shoot them, they deserve it

Getting arrested for shooting people in a situation he knowingly put himself in? He doesn't deserve that

Difference in outcomes and punishments being suggested here. I think the black guy should be arrested as consequences for his actions. I also think the cops could have done more to avoid shooting him. Some people are thinking the white guy who shot people shouldn't be arrested, which would leave him facing zero consequences for killing people and generally being a giant moron

My Ride
    NC1

Has this been posted?

Might as well change the title, how not to get shot by the police

Whatever happen to just a beat down and cuffing buddy? They don't do that no more? Why is everything just so crazy
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

So now the NBA has postponed three playoff games tonight, lead by the Milwaukee Bucks' decision to boycott their game:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...cision-boycott

This is out of control.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Family Hauler

I mean, i dont know about everyone else, but if officers had guns pointed at me, I would likely comply with them. Also, if I was within my rights as a Wisconsin citizen to protect myself with a weapon, and a group of protesters (rioters) was chasing me to kick the shit out of me, i'd probably also exercise my right to use the weapon.

Call me crazy I know

I said it was obvious it was going to end badly, which it did.

It's a weird criteria some of you have for shooting:

ignoring police commands? Shoot him, he deserves it

Setting fire to a car? Shoot him, he deserves it

Trying to stop a guy who just shot someone? Shoot them, they deserve it

Getting arrested for shooting people in a situation he knowingly put himself in? He doesn't deserve that

Difference in outcomes and punishments being suggested here. I think the black guy should be arrested as consequences for his actions. I also think the cops could have done more to avoid shooting him. Some people are thinking the white guy who shot people shouldn't be arrested, which would leave him facing zero consequences for killing people and generally being a giant moron
    LOL. This is hilarious in so many ways. Its a perfect example of all that's wrong with people.

People will dissect everything the black guy did that was wrong while blaming him for being shot 7 times but then defend the white kid at all costs.

We can defend a white vigilante murderer but heck a black guy... well he deserved it.

Theres nothing racist with how some people view the world. No not at all.

I also think the cops could have done more to avoid shooting him
    Like what, invite him to their picnic table for crumpets & tea?

They have seconds to decide if this asshole is going to kill them, what would you do?

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    LOL. This is hilarious in so many ways. Its a perfect example of all that's wrong with people.

People will dissect everything the black guy did that was wrong while blaming him for being shot 7 times but then defend the white kid at all costs.

We can defend a white vigilante murderer but heck a black guy... well he deserved it.

The fact you had to bring race into this and ignore context, while everyone else is focused on context, shows who is actually racist.

My Ride
    NC1

Did Sylvia Browne predict all this
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    source? can't find anything showing he was a BLM activist unless you mean Blue Lives Matter?

From what i have gathered so far, apparently he shot someone in the head, then everyone started rushing him after while he was running away saying he shot someone, and then when he was pushed down he shot a couple more people including killing another.

Either way, why is a 17 year old kid from Lake County Illinois walking around with a gun in Kenosha Wisconsin during crazy riots? This is the definition of looking for trouble. What a fuckwad.
    The group he was with had stated earlier in the day that they supported BLM and the protests, but were attempting to dissuade rioters destroying local businesses.

Lake County is a 14 minute drive from Kenosha. That's like somebody that lives on campus at the UofC protesting BLM in downtown Calgary - certainly far from implausible.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post

Nobody said Jacob Blake deserves to be shot. Nobody is defending the police. It wasn’t a justified shooting from what we know so far, but it’s a razor thin line. Honestly, I would hate to be a cop right now. There is nothing you can do in a situation until you’re in absolute danger, such as being shot or stabbed. Even then, deadly force would still be questioned.

Anyways, back to the riot shooter, he’s been arrested and charged with first degree homicide.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...lice-protests/

It’s not because he’s white. The videos show he was being attacked and acting in self defense. I don’t know the full story yet, but media writing it up leaving out any of those details to create a bigger divide between people is absolutely disgusting. This is what I’m upset about.

Please don’t take my words to say the riot shooter was in the right or that I’m defending him. Please don’t post like the media and make everyone’s words seem black and white, twist it around to make us who question the media insinuating us as racist.

Feel free to call me out if you disagree with my assessment of mainstream media today.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    I should've clarified. Basketball as a sport is fine, not my thing but whatever, but the players and coaches need to just shut their mouth and play. This is just athletes in general. Just because they have a public, nationwide, mic available to them doesn't mean they can speak the bullshit they do, especially when they don't have all the facts. Most of them are uneducated morons that grew up playing a sport and made it big because of their physical talent. Lebron James is a high school graduate and in no position to influece the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of his fans. The NBA players in general are just fueling the riot BLM movement fire by negatively portraying the police. What they should do is a call for calm because right now everything they say is just making things worse.
    I understood what you were getting at, I just decided to pick the part I wanted to point to haha.

Many of the athletes, LeBron included are using their platform to get the message they want out. I'll agree that they don't always have the facts but they're using what they have at their disposal. Lebron on IG alone has almost 80m followers and he posts on that frequently. The reach he has is far reaching.

We can agree that many of those guys are not educated but I think we can agree that many of those guys come from upbringings where there was a lot of issues they faced or came across, they are still happening today. Maybe that's where their anger stems from.

I can only speculate as I didn't have that kind of upbringing or live in those type of surroundings.

I really don't know what canceling the playoffs / season will accomplish but if people involved think they can do more impaxtful things with that time, who am I to say otherwise.

My Ride
    NC1

Does insurance cover the damages from all the fires, looting etc.? Sorry if it has been asked
    I am user #49

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Does insurance cover the damages from all the fires, looting etc.? Sorry if it has been asked
    Yea it’s covered unless you cheap out.

Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 52 61 62 63 72 ... LastLast