Quantcast
Black Lives Matter discussion - Page 64 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 64 of 75 FirstFirst ... 54 63 64 65 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1493

Thread: Black Lives Matter discussion

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ficer-n1238455

Alright bootlickers, looking forward to hearing what you have to say about this one.
    So... courts didn't charge because it was unlikely that they could prove murder and disprove self defense.

So wrongful death lawsuit instead - which is fair.

I've always considered myself very liberal, but in 2020, it appears that I'm either a centrist or slightly conservative.

In the USA, don't break-and-enter into someone's home unless you're prepared to get shot?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by born2workoncars View Post

In the USA, don't break-and-enter into someone's home unless you're prepared to get shot?
    100% agree, but police aren't supposed to be executioners. When a kid is legitimately running away (and not reaching for a knife after getting razed), their supposed to arrest. Not be Judge Dredd.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    100% agree, but police aren't supposed to be executioners. When a kid is legitimately running away (and not reaching for a knife after getting razed), their supposed to arrest. Not be Judge Dredd.
    I agree with this - however, this was not a police officer, it was an off-duty corrections officer. In this context, you may as well consider Manning to be a civilian defending his property.

I don't agree with the ubiquity of gun ownership in the states. However, I certainly wouldn't fuck with anyone's property in the states understanding that a high percentage of the public is armed.

You wouldn't go swimming in a Florida lake knowing there's crocs everywhere. And if you did, you wouldn't be surprised should you up in a death roll.

My personal experience in the states - I don't fuck with anyone, I'm extremely polite and courteous, going out of my way to avoid confrontation. I would never escalate a situation, even if I held the moral high ground. I am acutely aware that anyone could be armed with a weapon that would end my life instantly.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

By the way, this is for you "shoot them in the legs" guys:

Name:  iliac_arteries_and_veins.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  71.6 KB

See the police adopt a leg shooting policy and watch everyone bleed out instead.

My Ride
    ute

He was getting into a car, which

a) can be used as a weapon, and is considered a deadly weapon
    b) the car had kids, and this guy had domestic abuse situations, so maybe the cops felt he was an imminent threat to the kids
    c) we don't know all that was said by him to the cops that might make them think a threat was imminent.

He was also tazered and that was ineffective for whatever reason it didn't land or what. That would heighten anyone's stress or sense of danger.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Alright bootlickers, looking forward to hearing what you have to say about this one.
    Bye Felicia

Not sure if you noticed but people around here save their compassion/sympathy for white folk only. For example that white militia kid.

That vigilante kid was given all the slack in the world as though he's not responsible or not to blame. The joys of being white. Even when you murder someone people will defend your honor.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    Not sure if you noticed but people around here save their compassion/sympathy for white folk only. For example that white militia kid.

That vigilante kid was given all the slack in the world as though he's not responsible or not to blame. The joys of being white. Even when you murder someone people will defend your honor.
    Kid defended himself vs an armed burglar, protected property and kills a registered sex offender. Good on him, the mobs and “protesters” need more of this medicine. You’ll see more people defending property from destruction due to police inaction. There are a lot of right leaning Americans, who are armed to the teeth, that are sick of seeing communists and criminals burn down their cities. Kyle is just the beginning.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    Instead of just resorting to calling names, why don’t you tell everyone why they are wrong and the Blake shooting wasn’t justified and was rooted in racism. Ad hominem really does nothing for your argument, but it’s not an uncommon thing it seems
    I don't care about the Blake shooting, mate. I was looking to see the dumb shit people would type about a kid shot in the back by a neighbour as the kid ran away.

But sure, get #triggered because I said "alright bootlickers", without identifying specific people (because I was curious to see if they'd identify themselves).

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Bootlicker checking in.
    One incredible pattern keeps emerging in all of these cases!

DON’T BE A FUCKING CRIMINAL!
    Totes. Breaking into a vacant property to have a party sounds like a reason to be shot by a neighour.

So... courts didn't charge because it was unlikely that they could prove murder and disprove self defense.

So wrongful death lawsuit instead - which is fair.

I've always considered myself very liberal, but in 2020, it appears that I'm either a centrist or slightly conservative.

Kid broke into a vacant home. Neighbour was sitting on his back deck with a gun at the ready and shot the kid as he was fleeiong. Did you not read the article?

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Seems like why people are protesting, yep.

I agree with this - however, this was not a police officer, it was an off-duty corrections officer. In this context, you may as well consider Manning to be a civilian defending his property.

I don't agree with the ubiquity of gun ownership in the states. However, I certainly wouldn't fuck with anyone's property in the states understanding that a high percentage of the public is armed.

You wouldn't go swimming in a Florida lake knowing there's crocs everywhere. And if you did, you wouldn't be surprised should you up in a death roll.

My personal experience in the states - I don't fuck with anyone, I'm extremely polite and courteous, going out of my way to avoid confrontation. I would never escalate a situation, even if I held the moral high ground. I am acutely aware that anyone could be armed with a weapon that would end my life instantly.
    Cool, let's excuse stupid behaviour. The kid didn't break into the shooters home. The kid was running away and the shooter shot him in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post

I didn't think people would share compassion. I figured that they'd defend a guy that sat on the back deck waiting for the fleeing kid to run by and shoot him.

And they did.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Kid defended himself vs an armed burglar, protected property and kills a registered sex offender. Good on him, the mobs and “protesters” need more of this medicine. You’ll see more people defending property from destruction due to police inaction. There are a lot of right leaning Americans, who are armed to the teeth, that are sick of seeing communists and criminals burn down their cities. Kyle is just the beginning.
    Okay there tough guy. This attitude is why people are protesting.

What is criminal? Laws of man or laws of god. Technically speaking, you would think that the laws of god "Don't kill anyone" would be of a magnitude higher than "Don't steal that Gucci bag" or especially "Don't trespass on lawns".

Man is the one that made laws on ownership of property. Sharia law means that women drinking beer will be caned publically as punishment.

As far as I'm concerned McCain was the ultimate criminal for dropping fiery death on people 22 times. If a black man dropped napalm on a US city and a few hundred schoolkids die, does that mean he gets to be president?
    Last edited by ZenOps; 08-28-2020 at 08:31 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Breaking into a vacant property to have a party sounds like a reason to be shot by a neighour.
    Neighbor did society a favour by removing a criminal. Who cares if the property was vacant. 16 year old kid committing petty crimes isn't an innocent good kid anymore. The chances were good he would upgrade to something more serious like armed robbery or murder later on in life.

My Ride
    Edge

Neighbor did society a favour by removing a criminal. Who cares if the property was vacant. 16 year old kid committing petty crimes isn't an innocent good kid anymore. The chances were good he would upgrade to something more serious like armed robbery or murder later on in life.
    That is a seriously ignorant argument. It should be second-degree murder. Period.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

By that logic we should start shooting teenagers every time they speed because chances are good they would upgrade to something more serious like wreckless driving later on in life.

My Ride

lol get fucked you imbecile. Sometimes kids do stupid shit. That's not worth killing them over.

My Ride
    Has wheels

lol get fucked you imbecile. Sometimes kids do stupid shit. That's not worth killing them over.
    By that logic, I should of been shot multiple times as a teenager and even as a young adult.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

ok karen. You linked that stupid article and now you are madbro from the responses. Break and enter isn't stupid shit, it's criminal, empty house or not. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time and faced the consequences directly from an angry neighbor. This isn't the first case and won't be the last. People are on high edge right now in the US and are likely armed - play stupid games win stupid prizes. This goes for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    That is a seriously ignorant argument. It should be second-degree murder. Period.
    The charge doesn't matter at this point, the kid is dead. He CHOSE to be at that place in time with his buddies. It's not like he was walking down the street on his phone and shot in the back. In the end you are responsible for your actions and related consequences regardless of the severity. I can drive around town @ 200km/h and likely be stopped by force if needed. If the chase ends in me dead for whatever reason it's my fault, not the officers for using force to take me down being a threat to others. Personal accountability is gone from society today, maybe more dead criminal kids are needed for them to wake the fuck up. Don't forget, this generation was brought up on "go to timeout" when they fucked up. Sure is working well...

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

ok karen. You linked that stupid article and now you are madbro from the responses. Break and enter isn't stupid shit, it's criminal, empty house or not. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time and faced the consequences directly from an angry neighbor. This isn't the first case and won't be the last. People are on high edge right now in the US and are likely armed - play stupid games win stupid prizes. This goes for both sides.

The charge doesn't matter at this point, the kid is dead. He CHOSE to be at that place in time with his buddies. It's not like he was walking down the street on his phone and shot in the back. In the end you are responsible for your actions and related consequences regardless of the severity. I can drive around town @ 200km/h and likely be stopped by force if needed. If the chase ends in me dead for whatever reason it's my fault, not the officers for using force to take me down being a threat to others. Personal accountability is gone from society today, maybe more dead criminal kids are needed for them to wake the fuck up. Don't forget, this generation was brought up on "go to timeout" when they fucked up. Sure is working well...
    So someone is speeding and a off duty cop should just shoot them to end the chase. It's their fault they were speeding, right?

This was an OFF-DUTY officer standing there with a loaded gun meanwhile the police, responding to the call, are right next door dealing with the incident. This guy willingly chose to murder the kids. The cops had already broken things up and were dealing with the crime.

Jesus you're fucking stupid.

My Ride
    *The First*

This thread.
    Name:  Screenshot_20200828-120803_Firefox.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  30.1 KB

My Ride

ok karen. You linked that stupid article and now you are madbro from the responses. Break and enter isn't stupid shit, it's criminal, empty house or not.
    I'm calling you an idiot because nobody is disagreeing that breaking into a house isn't both criminal and stupid. I'm saying that he didn't deserve to die for it given that he was fleeing, that umadbro with the gun should be charged, and your expectations regarding what is acceptable lethality is bullshit.

Page 64 of 75 FirstFirst ... 54 63 64 65 74 ... LastLast