Quantcast
Black Lives Matter discussion - Page 48 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter discussion

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trump voters aren't very good at capitalism. Neither is trump.
    But the markets... never greater!

Wtf is this though, this makes no sense

The charts are so wild

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...onavirus-anger

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Well then, the truth comes out. This was never about BLM, was about politics all along.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    But the markets... never greater!

Wtf is this though, this makes no sense

The charts are so wild

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...onavirus-anger
    I laughed when I looked at the futures right after I read that he said that

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I laughed when I looked at the futures right after I read that he said that
    Wonder how many positions got stopped out

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    it's a bit ironic your upset at the special priviledge FN get when the entire purpose of the indian act was to annihilate and remove first nation history. Its sole purpose was designed to eradicate the indian.

Now that it's not convenient for some we must change things? LOL. Let me grab you a tissue for your tears.
    I've never understood why everyone thinks that FN culture should be imbued with a special sort of permanency.

I've never understood why everyone thinks that FN culture should be imbued with a special sort of permanency.
    It's the special treatment you get when the government targets a culture and people for eradication.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    It's the special treatment you get when the government targets a culture and people for eradication.
    I dont see the government targeting FN culture for eradication. Quite the opposite actually.

I dont see the government targeting FN culture for eradication. Quite the opposite actually.
    The government targeted FN culture for eradication. This was a direct goal of the Indian Act and particularly the residential school system. Make attendance in schools mandatory, place the schools in remote locations away from family and communities to deprive them of their culture, language, heritage and force them to become 'civilized'. But this isn't just me speculating and editorializing, it's been the official position of the government since 2008 after the Truth and Reconciliation Commission was created, and was summed up in an apology by the PM on behalf of said government:

https://www.cbc.ca/archives/governme...2008-1.4666041

As penance for this, the government has been doing the opposite. Pay and legislate to maintain and rebuild that which it paid and legislated to try to suppress and destroy.

My Ride
    ute

The government targeted FN culture for eradication. This was a direct goal of the Indian Act and particularly the residential school system. Make attendance in schools mandatory, place the schools in remote locations away from family and communities to deprive them of their culture, language, heritage and force them to become 'civilized'. But this isn't just me speculating and editorializing, it's been the official position of the government since 2008 after the Truth and Reconciliation Commission was created, and was summed up in an apology by the PM on behalf of said government:

https://www.cbc.ca/archives/governme...2008-1.4666041

As penance for this, the government has been doing the opposite. Pay and legislate to maintain and rebuild that which it paid and legislated to try to suppress and destroy.
    So currently no government sponsored eradication of culture is underway.

Tense is important here.

Tense is important here.
    actually manitoba just recently ended birth alerts for aboriginal mothers in that province. The birth alerts were designed to take babies from aboriginal moms.

No other race was targeted in the same manner.

My Ride
    Silverado

Was it done because of race or because of addiction / mental health? I've never heard of it before to be honest, but am interested. CBC did a reasonable report.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ding-1.5447296

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Was it done because of race or because of addiction / mental health? I've never heard of it before to be honest, but am interested. CBC did a reasonable report.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ding-1.5447296
    I hadn't heard about this either. At least they changed their policy considering that:

The alerts aren't doing what the system intended, Stefanson said.

"They were originally put in place to increase the safety of children. We found no evidence that was taking place," she said.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    actually manitoba just recently ended birth alerts for aboriginal mothers in that province. The birth alerts were designed to take babies from aboriginal moms.

No other race was targeted in the same manner.
    I'm not particularly familiar with the details of the policy. Can you point out where they indicated it was for aboriginal mothers exclusively?

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...gic-2020-06-10

Magic the Gathering card images being removed. Don't know why its news, but it is.

While you can still play the Jihad card, the image of it online may not be up for long.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Tense is important here.
    Why?

The reason "everyone" thinks it should be imbued with a special sort of permanency is because the government tried to eradicate it. This is the response.

Minneapolis: We hate police! DEFUND DEFUND!

Minneapolis after shooting: We need the police! why did it take so long for response!

LOL, 'Merica

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/1-man-d...MEzM_jlfvAMFfU

My Ride
    ute

Why?

The reason "everyone" thinks it should be imbued with a special sort of permanency is because the government tried to eradicate it. This is the response.
    No culture deserves to be eradicated by a government. And no culture deserves special attention and protection by a government.

Current wrong thinking does not correct previous wrong thinking. Your logic is not sound. Although I would find it entertaining to watch you go back in history trying to apply special status to all cultures which were negatively impacted by conflict and determine a way to compensate them for their losses.

The best way forward is to give everyone the respect they deserve: a free and open society which allows people to maintain or evolve their culture within the context of the present day. The only thing we can do now is make the best decisions based on the current situation with an eye towards the future.

No culture deserves to be eradicated by a government. And no culture deserves special attention and protection by a government.

Current wrong thinking does not correct previous wrong thinking. Your logic is not sound. Although I would find it entertaining to watch you go back in history trying to apply special status to all cultures which were negatively impacted by conflict and determine a way to compensate them for their losses.

The best way forward is to give everyone the respect they deserve: a free and open society which allows people to maintain or evolve their culture within the context of the present day. The only thing we can do now is make the best decisions based on the current situation with an eye towards the future.
    If a company poisons a water source that has immediate and lasting effects on a community, should that company, acknowledging what they did, be expected to compensate the community and help rectify their mistake? Or just say ‘fuck it, we won’t continue to poison your water supply, everything is all square going forward, now”?

The government poisoned a culture that left lasting effects, rectifying the problem takes time. The government can’t take responsibility for all instances of wrongdoings in the past (nice straw man), but it can be held responsible for the ones it is responsible for. Helping people rebuild their culture after doing what you could to destroy it isn’t “special attention and protection”, it’s being responsible for your actions and dealing with the consequences.

If a company poisons a water source that has immediate and lasting effects on a community, should that company, acknowledging what they did, be expected to compensate the community and help rectify their mistake? Or just say ‘fuck it, we won’t continue to poison your water supply, everything is all square going forward, now”?

The government poisoned a culture that left lasting effects, rectifying the problem takes time. The government can’t take responsibility for all instances of wrongdoings in the past (nice straw man), but it can be held responsible for the ones it is responsible for. Helping people rebuild their culture after doing what you could to destroy it isn’t “special attention and protection”, it’s being responsible for your actions and dealing with the consequences.
    If a company poison's a water source, they would settle on a nice fat one time payment.
    Not continue to pay in perpetuity.

Your example sucks.

Why?

this so called special treatment that people get upset about stems from the all the govt did to eradicate first nations. Now that the courts are forcing the govts hands it's not convenient any longer.

It the govt wasnt being held accountable by the courts this so called special treatment wouldnt exist.

Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 58 ... LastLast