Black Lives Matter discussion - Page 59 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 59 of 75 FirstFirst ... 49 58 59 60 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1493

Thread: Black Lives Matter discussion

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL holy fuck what a cringey post. I hope you're being sarcastic and I just ate the bait.

But, if not... from the article:

Granted, I haven't seen the videos. I'm sure they aren't intimidating or anything like that. Unfortunately, there's a big perception problem tied to the whole "it's great to be white" crowd and so it's not exactly surprising that people didn't welcome it with open arms.

Next, this "business owner" decided to do absolutely zero market research into where the term comes from, how it's used, or how it's perceived by a SIGNIFICANT portion of the population... and I'm supposed to feel bad for this idiot because the market turned around and told him to stop being an idiot?

Or what - that this is some hilarious double standard "gotcha" for the #wokelefty bunch to chew on? Get fucking real my guy(s). You can't be serious.

Here's a good take: the dumbass got what he deserved for creating a deliberately polarizing name and brand. He did a shit job of managing it and it didn't work out. Boohoo. Rebrand, don't be an idiot, and hire a better designer for your shirts.

And certainly, if you're going to create a brand based on and named after a highly-polarizing term, maybe do your fucking due diligence and decide if you have the chops for it. At least learn how the market is likely to REACT to it.

--

EDIT: FFS if you're gonna create a deliberate counter-culture brand with messages like "It's great to be white", why not fucking OWN it and trigger the #wokelefties while sponging up all that #conservativemoneyhoney. It's not illegal to be an asshole and make money off of it when it comes to poorly-designed print-on-demand clothing.

Dude's just a shit business person in general.
    Market working as intended here!

I don't care whether his business survives are not, but it does say something interesting about the current woke culture that "white privilege" is (erroneously) axiomatic and yet if white people embrace the concept too vigorously, then they are now racist?

Louis CK said it best: "I'm not saying white people are better. But being white is clearly better."

I suppose a white person must be careful to only discuss white privilege with heaping dose of shame-speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Who said that though? It's not just that he walked away, he walked directly to his vehicle and opened the door to reach in for god knows what. If it turns out to be a gun and the guy spins around to start shooting, it's too late. They can't just wait to see what the guy is doing.
    Are you seriously suggesting a cop shoot someone when their life isn't in danger? Your suggesting they pre empt a crime by shooting someone before it actually happens. Are we living a real life minority report?

All these hypothetical scenarios are being used by you to justify shooting a guy in the back 7 times in front of his kids but you know what's actually missing? An immediate threat that put the officers life at risk that actually justifies the shooting.

The police haven't announced a gun. They havent announced that the guy was reaching for a weapon. Its harder for them to make things up if the guy actually lives.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    Are you seriously suggesting a cop shoot someone when their life isn't in danger? Your suggesting they pre empt a crime by shooting someone before it actually happens. Are we living a real life minority report?

All these hypothetical scenarios being used by you to justify shooting a guy in the back 7 times in front of his kids.

You know what's actually missing? An immediate threat that put the officers life at risk that actually justifies the shooting.

The police haven't announced a gun. They havent announced that the guy was reaching for a weapon. Its harder for them to make things up if the guy actually lives.
    Dear cops: please ONLY shoot people that have already shot you. kthx.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    And yes, you took the bait. I agree he is a shit business person and his business is in terrible taste.
    Goddammit I suspected as much but you can never tell these days.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Market working as intended here!

I don't care whether his business survives are not, but it does say something interesting about the current woke culture that "white privilege" is (erroneously) axiomatic and yet if white people embrace the concept too vigorously, then they are now racist?

Louis CK said it best: "I'm not saying white people are better. But being white is clearly better."

I suppose a white person must be careful to only discuss white privilege with heaping dose of shame-speak.
    I mean, mate, look around you. 1/2 people you see will tell you that masks are bullshit for some reason.

More to the point, embracing the concept of white privilege (in that you didn't have to deal with certain impairments that minorities would have had to) isn't best demonstrated by a cringey clothing company.

If I were going to make a "White & Privileged" clothing brand and then attempt to stand on it, I'd have owned fucking everyone after the news broke out and then I counter-revealed my team: Debby, the disabled white-woman graphic designer; Ernest, the multi-racial social media manager; Korrine, the boomer that went back to school in 2000s for HTML that runs our website; Karen, the office punching bag; etc.

That'd have fucking KILLED.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

They haven't announced anything because they can't, not because they are busy cooking up a story. I'd love for them to be able to make a full statement and release un-cut body camera footage right after an incident, along with a full bio of the subject that got shot.

But then the complaint would be that privacy isn't being respected and the police shouldn't be allowed to tell everyone that their perfect child or kid has a history to resisting arrest, threatening people with firearms and had an open warrant for a sex crime, so they're screwed either way.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    NC1

They should be more like Batman, don't kill.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    They should be more like Batman, don't kill.
    Rubber bullets and Israeli-made uzis as standard issue?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-14-2020 at 12:40 AM.

My Ride
    Silverado

The nba is fully on board with this being a shooting on a poor innocent person. Cops are upset he is alive and they tried to kill him. Shot a man that wasn't resisting

My Ride
    NC1

Can buddy sue? Serious q lol

Surging 7 bullets is pretty gangster man. Fiddy approves for sure.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    LOL holy fuck what a cringey post.
    You're telling me, your wall of text really highlights how out of touch with reality you are lol

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    You're telling me, your wall of text really highlights how out of touch with reality you are lol
    Please, you're someone we can count to be on the wrong side of any (every) issue, so I'm pretty happy to be out of touch if you're an example of the alternative, mate.

Shooting a man in the back with his kids watching.

Yeah, really did not think it could get worse than stepping on a mans neck. Way to go America!
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

All these hypothetical scenarios are being used by you to justify shooting a guy in the back 7 times in front of his kids but you know what's actually missing? An immediate threat that put the officers life at risk that actually justifies the shooting.

Look, nobody has more disdain for the police than me. But they're still people, and they still have to react to situations in a split second. They should have reacted by tackling this moron prior to him getting to his car door. I'm sure the reason they didn't has a lot to do with the racial tension being created by domestic terrorists currently, and the fact he was a known violent criminal that uses weapons. So perhaps they are damned if they do, damned if they don't in this case. But if you can't agree this idiot played any role in the events that went down, then there's no point having this conversation if you can't be realistic about it.

My Ride
    Bicycle

https://globalnews.ca/news/7296858/a...nt-priorities/

Former Municipal Affairs Minister Kaycee Madu was sworn in as Minister of Justice and Solicitor General, a portfolio formerly held by Doug Schweitzer.

Kenney said one of Madu’s biggest responsibilities will be to oversee the completion of the statutory review of the Police Act “at a time when we are all rightfully more sensitive to the reality of racial prejudice.”
    So now a black dude is going to review the Police Act. Can all the BLM stuff go away now in AB?

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

What happened to go ol' fashioned shooting people in the leg to debilitate them

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    Nothing happened to it. It was never a thing.

People watch way to many movies lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    Because the real answer is to just shoot off the perpetrator's trigger finger.

Duh.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

If only the training targets police/military use were full sized and not only the top half, they could be trained to wound rather than stop.

Page 59 of 75 FirstFirst ... 49 58 59 60 69 ... LastLast