Quantcast
Black Lives Matter discussion - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter discussion

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If a video was went viral of a regular citizen doing this to another citizen, names of both parties included, and shown on every news oulet in the country, would it take more than 72 hours for the investigation to conclude there's enough evidence for an arrest?
    Yes, Ahmaud Arebry.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

If a video was went viral of a regular citizen doing this to another citizen, names of both parties included, and shown on every news oulet in the country, would it take more than 72 hours for the investigation to conclude there's enough evidence for an arrest?
    This is a complex situation IMO that has sparked some insane chain of events. Even announcing charges at this moment isn't going to change anything. No regular citizen on citizen crime would spark this kind of public outrage, looting, and rioting.

I think they need to be careful how, and when they announce charges. Which I guarentee will happen. But first, they need to get a control of the city. That's just my .2 cents on the whole situation. Sucks all around. Like I said, I don't support that cop at all, but take a second to think how his life, and his family's life is about to change drastically because of this.

Angry crowds will direct their energy and anger on anything. What if this guy's family gets the brunt end of this violence if the charges and his name are announced too soon? Anyways. That's all I got.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yes, Ahmaud Arebry.
    The investigation was at a stand still for months and it was pressure from the media that eventually pushed them to lay charges. It's sad, can't imagine being the parents of this victims and watching your son die and can't do anything about it.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Yes, Ahmaud Arebry.
    Video went viral May 5th, they were arrested May 7th. Asides from that, the district attorney specifically told the police not to arrest them before it went viral. The investigation was initially concluded a day after the death.

Crazy shit and so sad. Hearing the guy tell the cop he couldnt breathe while his knee was dug right in there was sickening to watch. Because hes a cop this has to get handled differently but im sure/hope that there will be charges laid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Shlade View Post
    Like I said, I don't support that cop at all, but take a second to think how his life, and his family's life is about to change drastically because of this.
    I wonder if it'll change as much as Floyd's and his family's? Maybe this fucking piece of shit should have thought about that as he slowly suffocated a non-violent man to death while he pleaded for his life.

I have absolutely zero sympathy for any of those cops and no one should. Each one had a duty to protect and each one failed that duty willfully. Fuck them.

If their families don't want to be targets of the public wrath maybe those cops should take some immediate accountability and responsibility to help spare them from it.

Video went viral May 5th, they were arrested May 7th. Asides from that, the district attorney specifically told the police not to arrest them before it went viral. The investigation was initially concluded a day after the death.
    Well close. My point was that just like this one, and the woman in NYC, it's another symptom of the systemic racism in America (not that it's any better here, think First Nations).
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 05-28-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

I wonder if it'll change as much as Floyd's and his family's? Maybe this fucking piece of shit should have thought about that as slowly suffocated a non-violent man to death while he pleaded for his life.

I have absolutely zero sympathy for any of those cops and no one should. Each one had a duty to protect and each one failed that duty willfully. Fuck them.
    Fair enough. I should of probably said that as well. Sadly, many families will be affected by this tragic event.

My Ride
    This and that.

You're a lawyer and you can't believe they haven't been charged? Where is your common sense? You do realize that investigations have to take place for stuff like this right?

People who have committed crimes even require an investigation to take place before a criminal charge can be laid... C'mon man use some brain matter here and not emotion.

If people who have committed crimes get their due process, why can't police officers?
    Buddy, it's because I am a lawyer is why I find it appalling that they have not been charged.

If this was a citizen or a regular person, I can guarantee you the charges would have been laid within the hour. We have ASIRT and that does their own internal investigation pertaining to the officer conduct, but, the criminal charges still get placed. I think you're in the system somehow so I imagine you know the process.

It doesn't matter what lead to the conduct, the fact of the matter is, the person died with the knee on the neck, handcuffed and completely subdued. What investigation might show is what lead up to that action. Not justify the action itself. I deal with this daily. Way too many officers out there thinking they are the law and can do whatever the hell they want and unfortunately a lot of anecdotal evidence shows exactly that.

I am not saying they shouldn't have the right to defend themselves, hire a defence lawyer and have the right for appropriate representation. But if you want peace in a country and for the public to have faith in the system, situations exactly as these demand a swift action. So fucking what they got charged right away? How is that the end of the world? If they investigation shows that shouldn't have happened, then the charges can easily be downgraded/withdrawn etc. But at least you'd avoid the fucking rioting and madness that's going on. And let's be quite clear, I 100% agree and think it's the right thing they were fired without any detailed investigation.

If you watch the video, no fucking police manual anywhere in the world says you are allowed have a knee on someone's neck for a prolonged period of time after they have been handcuffed, subbed and lying on their stomach with 3 other cops around them. And I also agree with the firing of not only the 'knee cop' but also the other three, they are all equal accomplices in this guys' death just as much as the knee guy.

And just cause I am a fucking lawyer, I am supposed to turn a blind eye to a blatant fucking atrocity that was committed? Come the fuck on!
    Last edited by shakalaka; 05-28-2020 at 09:59 AM.

My Ride

Fair enough. I should of probably said that as well. Sadly, many families will be affected by this tragic event.
    I get it, I know you're not defending anything. I'm definitely responding with more emotion but I stand by my position, there needs to be zero tolerance for this shit anymore and those who did it need to be made examples of. Their lives should never be the same again.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

This is a complex situation IMO that has sparked some insane chain of events. Even announcing charges at this moment isn't going to change anything. No regular citizen on citizen crime would spark this kind of public outrage, looting, and rioting.

I think they need to be careful how, and when they announce charges. Which I guarentee will happen. But first, they need to get a control of the city. That's just my .2 cents on the whole situation. Sucks all around. Like I said, I don't support that cop at all, but take a second to think how his life, and his family's life is about to change drastically because of this.

Angry crowds will direct their energy and anger on anything. What if this guy's family gets the brunt end of this violence if the charges and his name are announced too soon? Anyways. That's all I got.
    There are consequences for your actions.

Cop killed a non-violent suspect in cuffs pinned on the ground. Think about that for a second.

That cops life is fucked, correct. But thats on him 110%. Is it sad for that cops family, yea I suppose. But like JRSC said think about Floyds family! Do your investigation, blah blah blah and then toss him in jail and lose the key.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Is shit really this bad on the regular down in the states? Are cops there barely more than mall security guards who just like flexing their power? Or is it just the typical "few bad apples" and now because we have video everywhere this stuff gets captured?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Buddy, it's because I am a lawyer is why I find it appalling that they have not been charged.

If this was a citizen or a regular person, I can guarantee you the charges would have been laid within the hour. We have ASIRT and that does their own internal investigation pertaining to the officer conduct, but, the criminal charges still get placed. I think you're in the system somehow so I imagine you know the process.

It doesn't matter what lead to the conduct, the fact of the matter is, the person died with the knee on the neck, handcuffed and completely subdued. What investigation might show is what lead up to that action. Not justify the action itself. I deal with this daily. Way too many officers out there thinking they are the law and can do whatever the hell they want and unfortunately a lot of anecdotal evidence shows exactly that.

I am not saying they shouldn't have the right to defend themselves, hire a defence lawyer and have the right for appropriate representation. But if you want peace in a country and for the public to have faith in the system, situations exactly as these demand a swift action. So fucking what they got charged right away? How is that the end of the world? If they investigation shows that shouldn't have happened, then the charges can easily be downgraded/withdrawn etc. But at least you'd avoid the fucking rioting and madness that's going on. And let's be quite clear, I 100% agree and think it's the right thing they were fired without any detailed investigation.

If you watch the video, no fucking police manual anywhere in the world says you are allowed have a knee on someone's neck for a prolonged period of time after they have been handcuffed, subbed and lying on their stomach with 3 other cops around them. And I also agree with the firing of not only the 'knee cop' but also the other three, they are all equal accomplices in this guys' death just as much as the knee guy.

And just cause I am a fucking lawyer, I am supposed to turn a blind eye to a blatant fucking atrocity that was committed? Come the fuck on!
    I get what you're saying, and you're right in regards to the knee on neck. That is a no go method for sure. The video is short, but the guys that responded probably came for an emergency call out by the main cop on the ground, likely without much information. Hence me saying they were likely doing crowd control of people around the area. I don't know, I wasn't there, I'm just speculating myself here just like most people.

At the end of the day, I'm sure that charges will be laid. However, I disagree with you saying that announcing them right away would of prevented riots. The last few years in the US and several other incidents involving police have proved otherwise. I think a vast majority of people looting and rioting have no idea why they're doing it, they just know they can get away with it right now.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    Is shit really this bad on the regular down in the states? Are cops there barely more than mall security guards who just like flexing their power? Or is it just the typical "few bad apples" and now because we have video everywhere this stuff gets captured?
    It is that bad, and it's far deeper than JUST the cops.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

It is that bad, and it's far deeper than JUST the cops.
    I think we can all agree that the US is a messed up place in general lol.

My Ride

I think we can all agree that the US is a messed up place in general lol.
    Yes.

I hope people's outrage over this here makes them start to think more about how we treat Indigenous peoples. We may not experience the same outright violence but we're just as racist in Canada, it's just displayed differently.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 05-28-2020 at 10:28 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    This and that.

What's ironic to me is that the chief of that police is an African American person. And the officers of the same force are treating other African American people like that.

The knee cop has a picture floating around with him in casual clothes with a Red Trump 'make America great again' hat but instead it says 'make America White again.' And this guy is a police officer? Fucking smh.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Very sad. Rip.

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    I would say it’s that bad, policing is just on a different level in the USA. I’m white and I’ve had my share of run ins with the police and time in county pen down in Colorado. They just seem to need to handle everything with next level authority and force. No common sense that prevails.

Name:  3336F0C1-C2C7-49AE-8DF9-C0793813C708.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  49.9 KB

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Watched the vid this morning, sad/brutal. Hope the cop gets loved tenderly in prison.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

I get what you're saying, and you're right in regards to the knee on neck. That is a no go method for sure. The video is short, but the guys that responded probably came for an emergency call out by the main cop on the ground, likely without much information. .
    I heard on the radio that they have a security tape from a business showing the entire altercation go down. Including the cell phone videos i believe they have record of everything that transpired. $20.00 says the Cops saw those videos within 24 hours and made the decision to fire all 4. Seems justified to me.

The bigger question is whether or not the knee Cop gets charge with murder.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Very sad. Rip.

I would say it’s that bad, policing is just on a different level in the USA. I’m white and I’ve had my share of run ins with the police and time in county pen down in Colorado. They just seem to need to handle everything with next level authority and force. No common sense that prevails.

Name:  3336F0C1-C2C7-49AE-8DF9-C0793813C708.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  49.9 KB
    If this is all factual, blows my mind he was still a cop. It doesn't matter if he was acquitted in every single case or nothing was ever proven. But when you have multiple allegations against one single officer repeatedly and those allegations are all similar in nature, actions should be taken to avoid even a perception of bias on the police department. Police is not a regular job and with being a police officer comes higher accountability. They are held at a higher standard (just as lawyers, judges etc are) and there's a reason for that. To maintain the public confidence, even a perception of bias/unfairness ought to be avoided.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 05-28-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast