Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 53 62 63 64 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1493

Thread: Black Lives Matter discussion

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea it’s covered unless you cheap out.
    I know this is twisted but i wonder if any store owners participated and looted their own stores and then get pAid out lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

"If he were found dead at home alone and no other apparent causes, this could be acceptable to call an OD. Deaths have been certified with levels of 3," Baker told investigators.

In another new document, Baker said, "That is a fatal level of fentanyl under normal circumstances."
    https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...e-7acd4ead3d04

That should make those second degree murder charges easier to move forward with.

Also...

KENOSHA, Wis. (Reuters) - Wisconsin Justice Department investigators recovered a knife from the driver’s side floorboard of the car into which Jacob Blake Jr, was leaning when he was shot in the back by a police officer three days ago, the state attorney general said on Wednesday.

Attorney General Josh Kaul also told a news conference that Blake, 29, a Black man whose wounding by police has left him paralyzed and the city of Kenosha, Wisconsin, torn by civil strife, had told investigators that he had a knife in his possession at the time.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...rce=reddit.com
    Last edited by finboy; 08-26-2020 at 08:06 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    If this is in fact true & accurate then that needs to be put out in the media.
    I think people are finally starting to realize that we are being fed non-stop lies or deliberate miss-truths

http://www.foxnews.com/us/blake-had-...-wisconsin-doj

Jacob Blake had a knife on the floorboard of his car when he was shot by police, said the Wisconsin Department of Justice, which also has identified the officer who shot him as Rusten Sheskey.

The knife was recovered from the driver's side of Blake's SUV, the agency said. It did not say whether Blake was holding the knife when Sheskey, a seven-year veteran of the Kenosha Police Department, shot him Sunday evening.

Blake, 29, admitted to having the knife during the investigation, officials said. No other weapons were recovered.

According to a Wisconsin DOJ news release, officers responded to a domestic dispute after a woman reported her boyfriend was unlawfully on the premises. Officers attempted to arrest Blake and a Taser was used, but it did not subdue him, authorities said.

As Blake walked around to the driver's side of the SUV, he opened the door and leaned forward into the vehicle. Sheskey held onto Blake's shirt and fired seven times, striking him in the back. No other officer opened fire.

Seems like a good reason to shoot him 7 times in the back, you are right.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

I bet all those people who donated to the go fund me are happy now. Instead of the innocent black man shot by the racist police, it sounds like it was a case of a violent felon resisting arrest again and trying to access a weapon all along.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    Seems like a good reason to shoot him 7 times in the back, you are right.
    Pretty sure you were trying to be sarcastic, but yea it does sound like a good reason.

I’m back to my statement, we should shoot more people. Either they figure it out or we have less idiots on the streets. Win win.
    Last edited by killramos; 08-27-2020 at 08:03 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2011 Chrarger, 2018 F150

The question that I have is did the police officers have non lethal tools at their disposal? I thought most officers carry a side arm as well as a taser for times like this. From watching live pd and other shows/videos, when there is more then one officer, you have a number that will have the non lethal drawn and others with lethal just in case. When he began to walk towards his vehicle, they could have used the non lethal to try and stop him and if that didn't work, proceed to lethal. The video shows bystanders in the area but if the suspect is down, the others can hopefully handle them.

NYT has a pretty decent rundown of the facts so far on the Kyle Rittenhouse shootings:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/u...ing-video.html

Tracking the Suspect in the Fatal Kenosha Shootings
    Footage appears to show a teenager shooting three people during protests in Wisconsin. We tracked his movements that night.

Credit...Brendan Gutenschwager, via Storyful
    By Haley Willis, Muyi Xiao, Christiaan Triebert, Christoph Koettl, Stella Cooper, David Botti, John Ismay and Ainara Tiefenthäler
    Aug. 27, 2020
    Updated 9:51 a.m. ET

A teenager who walked among protesters in Kenosha, Wis., carrying a military-style semi-automatic rifle was arrested and faces a charge of first-degree intentional homicide in connection with shootings that left two people dead on Tuesday night.

Kyle Rittenhouse, a 17-year-old Illinois resident, appeared on multiple videos taken throughout the night by protesters and bystanders who chronicled the events as peaceful protests gave way to chaos, with demonstrators, armed civilians and others facing off against one another and the police in the darkened streets.

The New York Times’s Visual Investigations unit analyzed hours of footage to track Mr. Rittenhouse’s movements in the moments leading up to, and during, the shootings.

Who is Kyle Rittenhouse?
    Mr. Rittenhouse was arrested early Wednesday in his hometown, Antioch, Ill., which is about 30 minutes southwest of the protests in Kenosha, just over the state line.

Multiple posts on his social media accounts proclaim support for pro-police causes like the Blue Lives Matter movement and Humanize the Badge, a nonprofit that he ran a Facebook fund-raiser for on his 16th birthday.

His posts also suggest a strong affinity for guns, with videos showing Mr. Rittenhouse taking backyard target practice, posing with guns and assembling a weapon.

But many details about both his background and his motivations for walking around the Kenosha protests carrying a military-style semi-automatic rifle are still emerging.

Before the shootings
    About two hours before the first shooting, the producer of a video livestream interviews Mr. Rittenhouse at a Kenosha vehicle dealership.

Mr. Rittenhouse is there at the same time as several other armed men. Some of them are positioned on the building’s roof overlooking the parking lot where vehicles were burned the day before.

In a brief exchange on the livestream, he identifies himself as “Kyle.”

video
    CreditCredit...Richie McGinniss, via Twitter

In another interview, Mr. Rittenhouse speaks with Richie McGinniss, a video editor at The Daily Caller, a conservative news and opinion site.

Mr. Rittenhouse says that he’s there to protect the business. He calls it his job, although there is no indication that he was asked to guard the site.

Later, he claims to another videographer that he was pepper sprayed by someone in a nearby crowd while protecting property.

In most of the footage The Times has reviewed from before the shootings, Mr. Rittenhouse is around this area. He also offers medical assistance to protesters.

About 15 minutes before the first shooting, police officers drive past Mr. Rittenhouse, and the other armed civilians who claim to be protecting the dealership, and offer water out of appreciation.

Mr. Rittenhouse walks up to a police vehicle carrying his rifle and talks with the officers.

He eventually leaves the dealership and is barred by the police from returning. Six minutes later footage shows Mr. Rittenhouse being chased by an unknown group of people into the parking lot of another dealership several blocks away.

First shooting
    While Mr. Rittenhouse is being pursued by the group, an unknown gunman fires into the air, though it’s unclear why. The weapon’s muzzle flash appears in footage filmed at the scene.

Mr. Rittenhouse turns toward the sound of gunfire as another pursuer lunges toward him from the same direction. Mr. Rittenhouse then fires four times, and appears to shoot the man in the head.

Credit...By The New York Times. Image: Drew Hernandez, via Twitter

Second shooting
    Mr. Rittenhouse seems to make a phone call and then flees the scene. Several people chase him, some shouting, “That’s the shooter!”

As Mr. Rittenhouse is running, he trips and falls to the ground. He fires four shots as three people rush toward him. One person appears to be hit in the chest and falls to the ground. Another, who is carrying a handgun, is hit in the arm and runs away.

Mr. Rittenhouse’s gunfire is mixed in with the sound of at least 16 other gunshots that ring out during this time.

Video

CreditCredit...By The New York Times. Image: Brendan Gutenschwager, via Storyful

Police response
    As this happens, police vehicles just one block away remain stationary during the gunfire.

Mr. Rittenhouse walks with his hands up toward the police vehicles. Bystanders call out to the officers that he had just shot people.

The police drive by him without stopping, on their way to assist the victims.

Video

CreditCredit...Brendan Gutenschwager, via Storyful
    After the shootings, local officials announced a 7 p.m. curfew would continue until Sunday. And Wisconsin’s governor, Tony Evers, said he was sending hundreds more members of the state’s National Guard to Kenosha.
    I blame the open carry/gun culture in the US for ruining this kid's life as this is what happens when untrained people wanting to be heroes are allowed to carry guns around. Real life is not Call of Duty. So glad i live in Canada.
    Last edited by sabad66; 08-27-2020 at 08:47 AM.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by Homerrca View Post
    The question that I have is did the police officers have non lethal tools at their disposal? I thought most officers carry a side arm as well as a taser for times like this. From watching live pd and other shows/videos, when there is more then one officer, you have a number that will have the non lethal drawn and others with lethal just in case. When he began to walk towards his vehicle, they could have used the non lethal to try and stop him and if that didn't work, proceed to lethal. The video shows bystanders in the area but if the suspect is down, the others can hopefully handle them.
    Less than lethal options like the Taser they tried to use on him?

They DID tase him. And he kept going. What else do you want them to do?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Uhhh, no. Last thing we need are innocent bystanders getting stabbed or shot helping the police apprehend a suspect. This isn't the season finalie of Seinfeld where civilians go to jail for not assisting victims of a crime or police.

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    Blake has a total of six children.

Neither Crump nor law enforcement officials have mentioned court records showing that an arrest warrant was filed against Blake in July by Kenosha’s district attorney for three domestic abuse-related charges - criminal trespass, disorderly conduct and third-degree sexual assault, a felony.

Sounds like this guy's stars finally aligned.
    I don't get this criminal/"innocently shot man" has women in his family who go on TV saying how great he is and that his kid's father is now paralyzed considering his list of charges.
    Clearly they're being directed by ambulance chaser lawyers.

What's the tally now? Are any of these people shot truly innocent? No criminal history laundry list or currently wanted?

I'm with Killramos, shoot more and eventually people will respect your authority.

My Ride
    2011 Chrarger, 2018 F150

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Uhhh, no. Last thing we need are innocent bystanders getting stabbed or shot helping the police apprehend a suspect. This isn't the season finalie of Seinfeld where civilians go to jail for not assisting victims of a crime or police.
    Sorry by others I meant the other officers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    They DID tase him. And he kept going. What else do you want them to do?
    I didn't know they had already tried to taser him. The video I was able to see was him walking towards the car and once he opened the door to either get in or reach for something, got shot. I haven't looked very hard but of course the majority of the media are just showing the final 10 seconds or so.

Sorry by others I meant the other officers

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't know they had already tried to taser him. The video I was able to see was him walking towards the car and once he opened the door to either get in or reach for something, got shot. I haven't looked very hard but of course the majority of the media are just showing the final 10 seconds or so.
    The details are outlined in a number of written articles. Are you fairly Liberal leaning by chance?

How hard is it to listen to an officer?
    At that moment, it's not the time to decide you're innocent.

My Ride
    ute

I actually like the idea of shooting more people.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I actually like the idea of shooting more people.
    Name:  C331CE78-48F0-44E0-B9B0-65D8F63B2978.jpeg
Views: 259
Size:  83.7 KB
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ficer-n1238455

Alright bootlickers, looking forward to hearing what you have to say about this one.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post

Alright bootlickers, looking forward to hearing what you have to say about this one.
    Instead of just resorting to calling names, why don’t you tell everyone why they are wrong and the Blake shooting wasn’t justified and was rooted in racism. Ad hominem really does nothing for your argument, but it’s not an uncommon thing it seems

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post

Bootlicker checking in.
    One incredible pattern keeps emerging in all of these cases!

DON’T BE A FUCKING CRIMINAL!

Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 53 62 63 64 73 ... LastLast