Black Lives Matter discussion - Page 66 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 56 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1493

Thread: Black Lives Matter discussion

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's happening here is we can't trust what anybody writes these days regardless if they're left or right leaning. Have to be your own investigative journalist to figure out what really happened.

Everyone has a narrative. Everyone has an agenda. I've stopped watching the news as much as possible these days, and my head's in a much better place. Media is just out there to incite anger, everyone is slowly gravitating towards extremism. I'll randomly investigate the big stories here and there, try not to put emotion behind it, just to understand for myself what happened. Much better for my sanity.
    Let's not forget the frothing masses that devote themselves to the chosen media narratives and declare anyone that questions the media position a "bootlicker" or "communist" depending on which side they've aligned themselves with on a particular issue. In many ways their voice is louder than the media.

It's much easier to consume than to think.

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by born2workoncars View Post
    A more accurate summarization would be as follows:

1. 5 people broke into a house, and then broke into an adjacent house.

2. Wife woke up husband, who armed himself and then secured their own property.

3. Some of suspects then jumped a fence into Mannings backyard, who was aware of the unfolding situation by this point and then shot at them and they ran away.
    An even more accurate summary would be that the group only broke into one house.

Quote Originally Posted by born2workoncars View Post
    Critical thinking plays an important role here.
    Indeed.

My Ride
    Edge

Thoughts?

Teen is upset because he didn’t obey the cop and cop says to him that what he did is a good way to get shot. So many of these incidences are of people not listening to the police.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/mobile/ca...stop-1.5083892

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    An even more accurate summary would be that the group only broke into one house.
    You might be right - the article says the wife called 911 a second time after seeing the teens in the neighbouring home, but it was unclear to me if that meant the house next to the one they tried to break into.

Sounds like she called while they tried to break in, and called again once they were inside.

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    lol get fucked you imbecile. Sometimes kids do stupid shit. That's not worth killing them over.
    Come on your obviously in the minority here. Shooting an unarmed kid who posed no threat execution style is the new thing.

My Ride
    ute

Shot in the back?

Maybe he was running towards then backwards.

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Neighbor did society a favour by removing a criminal. Who cares if the property was vacant. 16 year old kid committing petty crimes isn't an innocent good kid anymore. The chances were good he would upgrade to something more serious like armed robbery or murder later on in life.
    Yikes dude. Do I deserve to get shot because I explore homes being built in my neighbourhood at night with my wife for shits and giggles?
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    Thoughts?

Teen is upset because he didn’t obey the cop and cop says to him that what he did is a good way to get shot. So many of these incidences are of people not listening to the police.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/mobile/ca...stop-1.5083892
    Obviously he should have worn a seat belt. Now the chances are good he would upgrade to something more serious like armed robbery or murder later on in life.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2010 S4

ok karen. You linked that stupid article and now you are madbro from the responses. Break and enter isn't stupid shit, it's criminal, empty house or not. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time and faced the consequences directly from an angry neighbor. This isn't the first case and won't be the last. People are on high edge right now in the US and are likely armed - play stupid games win stupid prizes. This goes for both sides.

The charge doesn't matter at this point, the kid is dead. He CHOSE to be at that place in time with his buddies. It's not like he was walking down the street on his phone and shot in the back. In the end you are responsible for your actions and related consequences regardless of the severity. I can drive around town @ 200km/h and likely be stopped by force if needed. If the chase ends in me dead for whatever reason it's my fault, not the officers for using force to take me down being a threat to others. Personal accountability is gone from society today, maybe more dead criminal kids are needed for them to wake the fuck up. Don't forget, this generation was brought up on "go to timeout" when they fucked up. Sure is working well...

Oh fuck off the kid is dead because some shit head neighbor decided to be judge, jury and executioner and shoot a kid in the back. Personal responsibility is important but even more important than that is justice and it only justice if the punishment fits the crime.

edit// Also I have know doubt that you fucked up along with everyone else on this forum and at the very least bent the rules if not out right broke the law as a kid. Thankfully we are all here because we live in a society where it is wrong to kill someone for making a mistake.
    Last edited by dubhead; 08-28-2020 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    Come on your obviously in the minority here. Shooting an unarmed kid who posed no threat execution style is the new thing.
    Where are you pulling these details out of thin air from? We have no idea on the size of the yard, the proximity of the intruder to the accused, how dark it was and what the shooter could actually see, or any other contextual details that could make a big difference in how anyone views this incident.

I don't even understand the purpose of A790 posting the article? Does he want to know if the kid deserved it? None of us know the kid, there is no way to even begin to figure out if he deserved being shot or not. Fact of the matter is, he WAS shot. I haven't seen a single person bring up whether this was a castle doctrine state or not? Which would play a big role in the charges laid. The shooter was originally charged, and if it's murder then any public attorney would be foaming at the mouth to get that guilty conviction. But just like us, the attorney must be lacking much for evidence, therefore dropped the case since it isn't worth prosecuting if they can't go into it with a reasonably high expectation of guilty verdict. What else is there to say about this? Fact of the matter is the shooter must have felt worried enough that he needed to shoot. I doubt there is many people out there just itching to blast somebody and ruin their whole life with a 300,000$ court case.

My Ride
    Silverado

Holy fuck Portland. 15 homicides and 63 shootings in July.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/202...s-wounded.html

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/202...e-decades.html

Police union says Blake was armed with knife and that officers tased him twice before pulling sidearms

CTV News: Kenosha police union gives its version of Blake shooting.
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/kenosha...ting-1.5084179
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 08-29-2020 at 12:02 AM.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Holy fuck Portland. 15 homicides and 63 shootings in July.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/202...s-wounded.html

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/202...e-decades.html

Police union says Blake was armed with knife and that officers tased him twice before pulling sidearms

CTV News: Kenosha police union gives its version of Blake shooting.
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/kenosha...ting-1.5084179
    My take (and this is brief clips and headlines only knowledge) is that the officers should have obstructed his path. Then they could've shot an advancing suspect. How fucking many of them were there that zero successfully surrounded him and instead watched him walk calmly to his driver's side, let alone opened the door. Embarrassing!
    That would've reduced the shots to <4 but they still lose because he would've been shot LONG before he got to the car "and reached for something".
    Wow, I'm glad I'm not a cop!! What a zero-win situation for an unsatisfying job to begin with. Please let me thank all those in law enforcement because you're doing a job I couldn't and don't want to do.

By my estimation: Portland/Detroit is insanely calm considering how screwed the black communities are there. If I had to guess, its the availability of digital entertainment distractions that are keeping things from ballooning into 10,000 person massacres.

10 watts of power to keep a cellphone running, is literally the most powerful tool as of 2020. Full tank of gas? Worthless.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by cycosis View Post
    Yikes dude. Do I deserve to get shot because I explore homes being built in my neighbourhood at night with my wife for shits and giggles?
    Totally not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dubhead View Post
    Oh fuck off the kid is dead because some shit head neighbor decided to be judge, jury and executioner and shoot a kid in the back. Personal responsibility is important but even more important than that is justice and it only justice if the punishment fits the crime.
    Don't be a thug if you can't take a slug.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I don't even understand the purpose of A790 posting the article?
    When you see things online that cause you to foam at the mouth, which you have zero control over, it bothers people like him. He wants to start shit and call people names, along with his side kicks on this forum who align with the mob mentality. In the end it doesn't matter what he thinks or anyone thinks for that matter. This is a problem no one has any control over. Some kid in Colorado gets shot breaking into a house. Who gives a fuck, it won't be the last time it happens and has nothing to do with race.
    Last edited by jutes; 08-29-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Thing is, violence and death is a sign of strength and fully admired in the USA. We always have a ton of US politicians that complain when we only send 100 to 1,000 troops overseas along on US campaigns - and always have a lower kill count per head (sometimes none, because we just send medics and support)

Which to many, shows how far the laws of man have strayed from the laws of god in the USA. Its pretty safe to say that if there is a hell, many US politicians are going there.

Which is not even a left right problem, its a morality problem. I didn't care where McCain was on the political spectrum, I care that he killed thousands of people by dropping bombs on their head without even seeing their faces. Why did Rome fall? Morality decay, more than any year on year change in economic stance? I mean, if the USA adopts UBI, is it fair for another country outside the USA with a bomber to start dropping them on the USA?

Police brutality is a morality problem, if you make stealing a set of hedge clippers a lifetime offense and 9 out of 10 calls are made on black people who step one foot onto a 160 acre Texas property zone.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 08-29-2020 at 09:20 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    I didn't care where McCain was on the political spectrum, I care that he killed thousands of people by dropping bombs on their head without even seeing their faces.
    That's called having a technological advantage. You don't think the crazies of the middle east would do the same, if not worse?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

When you see things online that cause you to foam at the mouth, which you have zero control over, it bothers people like him. He wants to start shit and call people names, along with his side kicks on this forum who align with the mob mentality. In the end it doesn't matter what he thinks or anyone thinks for that matter. This is a problem no one has any control over. Some kid in Colorado gets shot breaking into a house. Who gives a fuck, it won't be the last time it happens and has nothing to do with race.
    you're such a joke dude. Too funny.

I guess the difference between you and I, other than I've got more empathy for people than just those that in some way benefit me, is that I don't think that "this is a problem no one has any control over".

I very much think the opposite and am getting tired of wackjobs like you perpetuating the bullshit idea that these problems are unsolvable. I believe that there's a limit to justified lethal force and that those limits need to be reassessed.

RE: the rhetorical "why did A790 post this link" asked by the other wackjob that pollutes this forum, I posted it because this story is a clear example of where lethal force should not have been used. Nobody was in danger, nobody had been hurt, and the perps were running away. Yet the kids were shot.

What I wanted to see is how many people would jump in and blindly defend it. I already knew that you, Mr. All talker, and the other jackass at the end of the alphabet would come in with your usual tired posts. It's predictable. But I wanted to see if anyone else would perhaps look at the situation critically and go, "hmm, maybe one size fits all doesn't work".

I know that YOU don't have that level of self-reflection and critical thinking, but I also know that there are many people here that do. And thank fuck for that.

- Karen Kam

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The unfortunate thing is that in Colorado as well as the majority of states, legal force is allowed to be used in that situation. One size doesn’t fit all is true, remember how rural Alberta wanted castle doctrine because of how useless rural police coverage was? What’s ok there is not ok in your backyard in suburban Calgary to most sane people, but how do you work that out where it’s acceptable to everyone?

The issues are way more complex than the rhetoric being presented. The most important thing in all this is, nobody can criticize beyond for not having a well balanced moderation team.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    I posted it because this story is a clear example of where lethal force should not have been used.
    Okay thanks for sharing that article with us, it really matters now. Who cares what should or not have happened. What are YOU going to do to stop these things from happening again besides complain here? You are so concerned about US issues and what happens down there, maybe cross the border and join the mobs.

But I wanted to see if anyone else would perhaps look at the situation critically and go, "hmm, maybe one size fits all doesn't work".
    What's that going to change. Sit and self-reflect and meditate all you want, but it won't stop people from killing each other. Whether that kid deserved to get shot is now irrelevant and discussing it won't stop future events from happening. Good luck with your reflection and critical thinking.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Good luck with your reflection and critical thinking.
    Ahh yes, "the problem is too big for just one Karen to solve" and so why should we bother?

lol.

Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 56 65 66 67 ... LastLast