Quantcast
Black Lives Matter discussion - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter discussion

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everybody likes the idea of fiscally conservative, until they find themselves on the wrong side of a wealth inequality or some random event that re-distributes their wealth away.

Everybody wants to be have "social freedoms" until their sacred cow becomes a priority. For the right it's abortions, for the left it's pronouns or gay birthday cakes.

People like to say they want to be socially liberal and fiscally conservative, but ultimately don't have the stomach for it. And so the politicans don't either. Besides, even if we could attain such a status it takes the levers of manipulation out of the hands of politicians, so nobody wants to actually use that as a platform.
    Post of the Year
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Model S

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I was interested in tracking how bad police killings in the US has gotten, as I suspected we're probably seeing more amplification to the forefront because of social media vs actually being more. Was pretty surprised that I was mostly correct. Remember, this is all police killings, regardless if it's in the right or wrong. There is no data to track unwarranted police killings.

https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/nationaltrends

National average is flat over the last 7 years, while black people being killed by police were actually on a downtrend. Was also curious about the alarming front page stat of 3x more likely for a black person to be killed than a white person so I tried to dig into the # of interactions with police, but none of those stats breaks down by race. The closest I could find were crime rates and incarceration rates, which was a shocking 5x more by black people per capita than white people. So in theory, there are less black people killed per crime than white people.

Not defending the police here, police violence is definitely a problem in the US, but I don't think black people are being singled out more so than white people, except on social media.
    It goes without saying that some fucked up shit happens regularly. What happened to this George dude was awful. And it’s odd that we have to disclaim any discussion with that. But yeah, who doesn’t know that black people have worse numbers because they encounter more cops because they commit more crime. Yeah maybe it’s ultimately the white man’s fault or whatever, but why are we ignoring the elephant in the room? Well, we know why. There are things you just can’t say.

Anyway, this is a good article by a black guy:

https://www.city-journal.org/html/wh...ack-12025.html

And again, in case it needs to be said, we are talking population statistics, not individuals. And it’s not that I also want a seat in the oppression olympics. I just think so many people have been taught internalized victimhood and not only is a lot of it (but not all!) bullshit, but it’s not helping anyone.

No joke, my buddy at another tech company forwarded me an email he got today from their chief diversity officer (thats a job? wtf) talking about how she had to have a talk with her 7 year old girl to explain that she has to be afraid of cops because she is black.

Here’s the kicker...she never had that experience. Because she is a blonde white woman and she adopted a black baby. So far gone in self-righteous victimhood by proxy that she had to do that and tell the entire company about it. This is a big publicly traded company too.

My Ride
    ute

People say to me regularly: "You have no idea what it is like to be hated because of the color of your skin."

uh...I'm a 40 year old white male with some extra cash. Nobody is hated more.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

People say to me regularly: "You have no idea what it is like to be hated because of the color of your skin."
    You know what is just as bad?
    When trashy moms tell me I can't judge them if I don't have children myself.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I cannot agree with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Post of the year, for all the wrong reasons.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I have to say, the 40 year old white males tweaking downtown with no cash are probably "hated" more. And usually by people that fit your general description. One thing is for certain though, your general description does not rate anywhere on the hate radar of any Police force.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 06-01-2020 at 05:41 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I have to say, the 40 year old white males tweaking downtown with no cash are probably "hated" more. And usually by people that fit your general description. One this is for certain though, your general description does not rate anywhere on the hate radar of any Police force.
    You must not have met the speed enforcement team

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 04:32 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You must not have met the speed enforcement team
    I thought they love rich white guys? Little chance of a violent altercation, and too busy making money to bother going to court.

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    Wow poor you. Do people cross the street, clutch their purse and lock their car as soon as they see you?

Someone mentioned "victim complex" earlier and well, you won't find a better example in this thread.
    No, but does everyone look at him like he’s had everything handed to him and is where he is due to entitlement and not hard work and effort?
    Yes.

The racial and prejudice divide is very strong, both ways.
    People fucking suck.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    No, but does everyone look at him like he’s had everything handed to him and is where he is due to entitlement and not hard work and effort?
    Yes.
    White men get to join the party that people of colour and women have been a part of since the beginning:

'Guess they had to fill the quota', 'affirmative action in action', 'looks like somebody slept their way to a promotion,' etc.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    I thought they love rich white guys? Little chance of a violent altercation, and too busy making money to bother going to court.
    They love to hate them lol. Isn’t that the whole premise of the thread?

fact.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 04:32 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    Wow poor you. Do people cross the street, clutch their purse and lock their car as soon as they see you?

Someone mentioned "victim complex" earlier and well, you won't find a better example in this thread.
    Not at all. White 40 year old males are simply last place in the oppression olympics. We're the last group of people who it is politically correct to still hate.

I didn't say I was a victim of anything at all. I simply don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    White men get to join the party that people of colour and women have been a part of since the beginning:

'Guess they had to fill the quota', 'affirmative action in action', 'looks like somebody slept their way to a promotion,' etc.
    Do you believe companies/ governments/ organization should ensure a certain % of each demographic?
    Or should they hire based on qualifications no matter what colour, race, sexual preference etc etc. Is?

Which is more sustainable?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I cannot agree with this.
    I didn't invent the current fractious discourse. I'm just observing it.

And when I say "I'm" or "me", I'm simply referring to the demographic, not me personally.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Calgary protests starting. Two large groups massing in East downtown.
    Attachment 91878

Love to see BLM Karens and Social Distance Karens in that same crowd.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    I have to say... I get let off with warnings waaaaaayyyy more often in a luxury badged vehicle than anything else. Can confirm, cops just hate poor people.

Leave blue collar job at 8pm after a 14hr day in a 10+ yr old Taurus when I was 19... driving through Ogden (well within the law speed wise) cop in front of me pulls over so he can come up behind me to run my plates, instantly pulled over and ticketed for expired reg... by a single day

Mean while a certain someone with a flashy P car is out here with a plate that’s over a year expired and didn’t even notice it till someone said something on his Instagram post

Then yeah, in the M3, pushing it pretty good on that ramp from s blackfoot to w glenmore... cop doesn’t catch up till I’m a block into McLeod s... I’m dressed well on my way to a meeting at the office that I can see from where I’m pulled over. Tell him I’m running late and he just said “have a good day”

Very deserving of a pink ticket or 3...

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    I have to say... I get let off with warnings waaaaaayyyy more often in a luxury badged vehicle than anything else. Can confirm, cops just hate poor people.

Leave blue collar job at 8pm after a 14hr day in a 10+ yr old Taurus when I was 19... driving through Ogden (well within the law speed wise) cop in front of me pulls over so he can come up behind me to run my plates, instantly pulled over and ticketed for expired reg... by a single day

Mean while a certain someone with a flashy P car is out here with a plate that’s over a year expired and didn’t even notice it till someone said something on his Instagram post

Then yeah, in the M3, pushing it pretty good on that ramp from s blackfoot to w glenmore... cop doesn’t catch up till I’m a block into McLeod s... I’m dressed well on my way to a meeting at the office that I can see from where I’m pulled over. Tell him I’m running late and he just said “have a good day”

Very deserving of a pink ticket or 3...
    Very privileged. I have never been let off of speeding. It's not fair.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast