Quantcast
Black Lives Matter discussion - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter discussion

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah but he's not racist. It's just a continuous series of innocent tweets that are taken in the wrong context, and totally circumstancial. You're just seeing that because you want to believe he's racist.

Or so I've been told anyways.
    But I also wouldn't be surprised if he heard someone say it and went "that sounds catchy" and said it without thinking of the consequences because he only cares that it's quoteable.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    On principle, I don't agree with the rioting.

But as these things continue to happen, I start to swing to the other side that, at some point, peaceful protest hasn't brought about results. Kaepernick took a knee to protest that type of brutality and got raked over the coals for it. It's not a hot take to say that corporations and businesses have an enormous amount of sway when it comes to policy making, so maybe these organizations will demand change if riots that affect their bottom-line occur any time these incidents of over-police happen?

I'm not saying I'm going to participate. I'm simply just stating that I'm starting to see the other side of the argument.
    Great point and I apologize for not reading all the way through this thread.

On the other hand, I believe the four cops involved were terminated. So... What the fuck more are they supposed to do?
    I'm torn

My Ride
    NC1

I'm not saying I'm going to participate. I'm simply just stating that I'm starting to see the other side of the argument.
    Growing up bro

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    This doesn’t help that people are bored, unemployed and likely frustrated with being in self-isolation for the past few months. Looting, rioting and blocking freeways is a right under democracy. More will die over these riots if the national guard gets called in, over absolutely nothing.
    110% this

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    You know how in baseball the players can't agree to a revenue split with the owners because they don't true the owners to report revenue properly? Those players have good reasons for that distrust. Well black Americans hace decades of learned experience that police forces and politicians are working against them. At this point, I cannot blame them for thier lack of trust in the police, governments, and even the coroner's reports.
    The deck is stacked, it's hard to debate that.
    Really wanna know what the Chapelle's and the Rock's of the world are thinking right now.

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    wont the cop say he was afraid for his life? Isnt that what's used to justify things when someone gets into a pickle like this?
    Fk I just don't understand the mentality and perhaps I never will. The optics just look so fkn bad in this case.

When the Cop from NYC just got fired and the department paid out 6mill I couldn't fkn believe it. This is literally murder/manslaughter.

Anything short of jail, the rioting will continue. This Cop is gonna have a bad time in jail too. He should be shitting his pants right now.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post

When the Cop from NYC just got fired and the department paid out 6mill I couldn't fkn believe it. This is literally murder/manslaughter.

Anything short of jail, the rioting will continue. This Cop is gonna have a bad time in jail too. He should be shitting his pants right now.
    With the autopsy report saying that his death was not a result of asphyxiation, the cop may never see the inside of a cell.

However, if he is convicted and found guilty, he will be in segregation for his entire incarceration, and I doubt anyone that could be a threat will get close to him. He will change his name, move, and then no one will be the wiser.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Anyone bored throw on CNN... holy fuck! Protests everywhere and borderline violent in multiple locations.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

But as these things continue to happen, I start to swing to the other side that, at some point, peaceful protest hasn't brought about results. Kaepernick took a knee to protest that type of brutality and got raked over the coals for it. It's not a hot take to say that corporations and businesses have an enormous amount of sway when it comes to policy making, so maybe these organizations will demand change if riots that affect their bottom-line occur any time these incidents of over-police happen?

But do you really though? Or have you perhaps fallen for the same media trap the masses have? When minorities commit 80% of the crime, and white people still somehow manage to get killed by the police in higher numbers, is there an actual race problem? Or maybe just a problem with power tripping douche bag cops in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    But do you really though? Or have you perhaps fallen for the same media trap the masses have? When minorities commit 80% of the crime, and white people still somehow manage to get killed by the police in higher numbers, is there an actual race problem? Or maybe just a problem with power tripping douche bag cops in general?
    Here comes the Trump racism apologists. Trump directly quotes a police officer famous for inciting race riots during times of racial tension. He's purposely making race batting comments to appeal to his base of deplorables. Then he proceeds to back peddle his idiotic tweet.

It's Ok though Misterman the real sheep are you guys who have their heads stuck up Trump ass.

https://cdnc.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/cdnc?a=...-txIN--------1

Yeah it wasn't racist at all...

Quote Originally Posted by mazdavirgin View Post
    Here comes the Trump racism apologists. Trump directly quotes a police officer famous for inciting race riots during times of racial tension. He's purposely making race batting comments to appeal to his base of deplorables. Then he proceeds to back peddle his idiotic tweet.

It's Ok though Misterman the real sheep are you guys who have their heads stuck up Trump ass.

https://cdnc.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/cdnc?a=...-txIN--------1

Yeah it wasn't racist at all...
    What in the holy fuck does Trump have to do with a single thing I just said? This is why nobody listens to you idiots. You try and a have reasonable conversation to bridge a divide, and the only thing that can come out of your mouth is Trump tourettes

Election tampering is a pretty major part of why they're sending in these outsider domestic terrorist groups to incite this shit in the first place.
    And whom is doing the sending in your opinion?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

There’s 6 times more whites then blacks in America....

Yes. There’s a racism problem:

“ Black Americans are killed at a much higher rate than white Americans
    Although half of the people shot and killed by police are white, black Americans are shot at a disproportionate rate. They account for less than 13 percent of the U.S. population, but are killed by police at more than twice the rate of white Americans. ”

And here, a source, rather then just throwing out bs to ‘bridge the Gap’. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...nline_manual_8

Your HighTemp is showing again
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 05-29-2020 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Black Lives Matter and Antifa. Beats me who is funding them.

And that's not my opinion. That's what the facts are showing. If you want an opinion you can go ask the conspiracists. Apparently George Soros funds all these domestic terrorism groups to go stir the racial divide pot and distract the people while the elite continue to drink babies blood and worship satan.
    Last edited by Misterman; 05-30-2020 at 12:04 AM.

My Ride
    ute

Men are twenty times more likely to be killed than women by police. The police are clearly sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    There’s 6 times more whites then blacks in America....

Yes. There’s a racism problem:

“ Black Americans are killed at a much higher rate than white Americans
    Although half of the people shot and killed by police are white, black Americans are shot at a disproportionate rate. They account for less than 13 percent of the U.S. population, but are killed by police at more than twice the rate of white Americans. ”

And here, a source, rather then just throwing out bs to ‘bridge the Gap’. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...nline_manual_8

Your HighTemp is showing again
    I see you also like to ignore statistics. I specifically mentioned that 80% crime rate for a reason, because it shows just how disproportionately white people are actually killed by the police when you add real context to the issue. But of course you subconscious racists will try and fall back on the stigma that "Oh well the only reason minorities get convicted of more crime is because of systemic racism" Which is half way right, the systemically racist policies of democrats in the US has led to a continual state of poverty for minorities, specifically blacks, which leads them down a natural path of crime. But sure, keep your fucking blinders on and ignore the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Men are twenty times more likely to be killed than women by police. The police are clearly sexist.
    And shark attacks always happen when ice cream sales are highest. We must ban ice cream to save the children!!

It's amazing how unwilling people are to think for themselves.
    Last edited by Misterman; 05-30-2020 at 12:01 AM.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

80% of crime committed by people of colour doesn't mean 100% of them should be treated like criminals. Nor should being suspected of committing a misdemeanour crime also mean that my well-being, or even my life, may be at risk.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Black Lives Matter and Antifa. Beats me who is funding them.
    So you can't substantiate your statement but you'll still stand by it.

Uh huh.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

If that video hadn't been taken, if public outrage wasn't this high, that cop would still be working. Worst case he's on paid leave while they 'look into it'. Makes you wonder how much shit the public doesn't see.

I could say it's different in Canada but how the fuck would I really know - I'm a middle class white male.
    Last edited by msommers; 05-30-2020 at 12:11 AM.
    Ultracrepidarian

So you can't substantiate your statement but you'll still stand by it.

Uh huh.
    Literally the first thing that comes up if you google it, other than an actual video from the police chief giving his statement about it.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...de-minneapolis

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    If that video hadn't been taken, if public outrage wasn't this high, that cop would still be working.

And there is the real problem. People getting worked up in a tizzy about race are just drawing attention away from the real problem, and not allowing us to find any solutions. If we could get cops to stop killing so many humans, that would include a lot of black people they don't kill as well.

- - - Updated - - -

80% of crime committed by people of colour doesn't mean 100% of them should be treated like criminals. Nor should being suspected of committing a misdemeanour crime also mean that my well-being, or even my life, may be at risk.
    Yes exactly!! I'm glad we are on the same page.

My Ride
    NC1

What’s confusing is how can America still be like that? Black ppl dominate in so many aspects of life. Sports. Entertainment. Pop culture. Fashion. Etc.

Soros, bill gates, etc. The usual suspects
    Last edited by sabad66; 05-30-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast