Quantcast
WWYD. Plumbing, electrical, etc. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: WWYD. Plumbing, electrical, etc.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Default WWYD. Plumbing, electrical, etc.

We sold our house in Aspen. We are trying to move closer to our kids' school. Thought we found a place, but it had just a few too many issues for the price.

Moving into older house in Edgemont to ride out COVID and wait for the right house to come up.

In the mean time, I want to do the following:

1. run gas line to the deck for the BBQ and to the garage for a heater. Protech seems to the be contractor of choice? https://www.protechplumbing.ca/
    2. need to run cabling for APs, AppleTVs to the second floor. probably need 3-4 runs. Basement is unfinished. Are hutchtech still the go to guys? http://www.hutchtech.ca/
    3. Want to replace 3 toilets with elongated units. Hate when my unit touches the front of the toilet when I drop kids off at the pool. Any recommendations?
    4. Want to replace the Hot Water tank. Have an unused 75 gallon Electric tank. Thinking of going tankless. Yes, no? Any recommendations?
    5. AC. Who is the latest go to contractor?
    6. Panel upgrade to 200AMP. Need a 60A connection in the garage for the cars. Need a sparky. Who do I call?

Having a boiler right now with basically endless hotwater has me leaning toward a tankless replacement.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Protect was great for my gas line install

Replacing the hot water tank is expensive, esp with a tankless unit. I wouldn’t bother personally unless the unit needs to be replaced anyway. Your call of endless hot water is worth 3-4K for the short time you will be there.

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I had the hutch tech guys do some work earlier this month, affordable quality work, they should be able to come to the house and give you a quote and what's possible.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Tank-less takes forever to get hot water to taps a long ways from the unit. Dont' do it.

My Ride
    Audi

#3 - DIY? Just don't use the plumber I used. The owner fucked up and piped hot water to my toilet, and then i had to pay out of pocket to fix the drywall so he could get access to fix his fuck up. Don't know if i'd trust him to install a toilet after that.
    #5 - I had a good exp with Western Sky Mechanical for some warranty work on the Trane AC unit I used to have https://westernskymechanical.com/. In 2017 I had to have my evaporator coil replaced on my unit. It should've been under warranty, but the installer went out of business. These guys stepped up to help me get the unit warrantied by Trane (Trane disputed the warranty claim because the improper coil was originally installed). I still had to pay the labour in the end, but i didnt have to pay for the parts.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

5. AC. Who is the latest go to contractor?
    I had W&J Heating install our A/C this week, have had them do HVAC installs at previous houses and zero complaints. A/C prices were the lowest we recevied, not sure if the $500-off early season promo is still going. 10-year parts and labour warranty included.