Quantcast
How to Deal with a Car Manufacturer for defects? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: How to Deal with a Car Manufacturer for defects?

How much more time are you going to waste on this issue? Just dump the car and be done with it.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Decided to look at all the footage of my dash cam...and surprise surprise....there is no footage from time I dropped it off at the dealership...not even the footage of it driving to the body shop. The footage comes back after the car is ready to be picked up, as it rolls out of the wash bay. It get's parked for pickup, and then when someone finally gets into the car to drive it back to the dealership looks like..the camera cuts out again. The very last thing it sees is being pointed down at my dash. My dashcam comes off a sliding mount which provides power...so my guess is that at this point the dashcam is removed and the capacitor has enough power to record it being pointed down. I ran a recovery software on the SD card unfortunately was not able to recover, but it detected 14 deleted files...with file name date stamps right between me dropping off, and me picking up. The footage comes back when the car is at the dealership as they had to replace the radio as well.

This is getting more and more sketch by the minute. I mentioned last time that I had dashcam footage of the bodyshop talking shit about me.....and I guess this time they (the dealership just killed the camera all together.

It's nice that when they put it back...the lens was pointing at the sky, I didn't know until I just looked at latest video. Had I got into an accident I would have had no real proof......fucking idiots.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much more time are you going to waste on this issue? Just dump the car and be done with it.
    As long as it takes. I hate these fucking sketchy dealerships and body shops. Why should I dump my car that I spent nearly 40k on, for about half....had it not been for the paint issue I would have drove happily for many years. At this point it's about principal.

Have you changed your position on not naming names? Which dealership are you dealing with?

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Its either Subaru Calgary or Centaur... and given the bodyshop it went to, i'd guess Centaur?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Go public or sell the car.

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    As long as it takes. I hate these fucking sketchy dealerships and body shops. Why should I dump my car that I spent nearly 40k on, for about half....had it not been for the paint issue I would have drove happily for many years. At this point it's about principal.
    Last edited by 2020; 08-05-2020 at 05:16 PM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    Giving up the fight already?
    Mind removing that. I don't want my real name plastered all over the internet.

To be fair car has been on sale for a while on autotrader, before it went into the shop.

If you read anything at all in this thread you would have known I wanted to sell the car to get out of the issue initially. If I can sell it at my asking price I will move on, if not I will continue to fight them to get it fixed.
    Last edited by eblend; 08-01-2020 at 09:01 AM.

My Ride

TBH - putting your (presumably real) name on Kijiji like that is not a very good idea in the first place.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    TBH - putting your (presumably real) name on Kijiji like that is not a very good idea in the first place.
    Yah its changed now. Its weird, it was never the case before, think kijiji changed something not too long ago to expose that. Been a member of kijiji forever and they have been making changes recently, one of which appears to have been this and their terribly flawed rating system. Have to have 7 conversations back and forth to leave a feedback.. And then someone gets mad at you and gives you 1 star... While had many transactions since then that didn't reach the 7 limit which would have all gotten 5 star reviews.

My Ride
    TypeR

Just to chime in here with my experience with subaru dealerships in Calgary.

I bought my wife a 2020 crosstrek and although no paint issues the customer service is bad. You can tell if you are not mechanically inclined these guys will take you for a ride. In the last year it has had issue starting (shitty battery refused to replace until I made a big deal), control arm went (said no issue and I literally had to grab it to show them how loose it was), exhaust had a vibration sound and they said they couldnt hear it...... brought it to my friend to fix.

Pretty sad that they dont just fix these issue especially how minor they are. The crosstrek is a great car but I will never buy another subaru again in Calgary just based off customer service.

Best part is I have a lancer evolution and Bow mitsubishi fixed my drain plug and re-tapped my oil pan for free from someone stripping it way out of warranty.
    IG:scboss

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by scboss View Post
    Just to chime in here with my experience with subaru dealerships in Calgary.

I bought my wife a 2020 crosstrek and although no paint issues the customer service is bad. You can tell if you are not mechanically inclined these guys will take you for a ride. In the last year it has had issue starting (shitty battery refused to replace until I made a big deal), control arm went (said no issue and I literally had to grab it to show them how loose it was), exhaust had a vibration sound and they said they couldnt hear it...... brought it to my friend to fix.

Pretty sad that they dont just fix these issue especially how minor they are. The crosstrek is a great car but I will never buy another subaru again in Calgary just based off customer service.

Best part is I have a lancer evolution and Bow mitsubishi fixed my drain plug and re-tapped my oil pan for free from someone stripping it way out of warranty.
    Which dealer was this? I am keeping the identity of me dealer out of this until I know the final outcome, but would be curious.

Surprising amount of issues you had, I haven't had any mechanical issues at all, just the paint, plus all the various recalls. Stereo is another issue but minor in the grand-scheme of things.
    Last edited by eblend; 08-01-2020 at 01:57 PM.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

I don't see why you are keeping their name out of this. They are clearly not helping your case, and causing you sorts of frustration. I don't see how you could buy another car off of them or another Subaru after this whole ordeal. Name them, shame them and help all the other folks out there looking to buy by telling them to stay the fuck away.

My Ride

There are 2 Subaru dealers in Calgary - based on what I have read here, they both suck.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    There are 2 Subaru dealers in Calgary - based on what I have read here, they both suck.
    This. Only dealership that does not suck is Scott Subaru in Red Deer. Never bought a car from them but dealt a few times and they have been awesome. If it helps.. I live in the South.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

@eblend got an update since you got a new car?

My Ride

Sorry for the delay in getting this updated. Had major issues at work for last month almost and finally can update. I complained to the dealer and when the manager got back he said he wanted me to come back and take a look. I did that and he was surprised that the paint wasn't fixed on the doors at all. He personally went to the body shop and talked to the manager/owner who was very apologetic about missing this. I was told to bring the car back and it would be fixed like it should have been fixed the first time around. This time I was given a loaner vehicle which was delivered to the dealership as I was there by the manager at Lou's (Steven). I pointed to him to all of the problem areas and off we went our separate ways. The following week I dropped by and saw my car again disassembled with repairs done on the bottom and all doors sanded down. I lurked around and the manager came out and we had a good chat again, super nice guy. A few days later I came in again and saw my car get rolled into the paint booth, at which point the manager saw my again and took me inside the paint booth to show me the full extent of disassembly and repair, was very cool to see. The car was assembled for the most part a few days later according to Steven but they were waiting on a few parts from Subaru as they were listed as non-reusable by Subaru in their repair manuals.

After almost 2 weeks, I got my car back. The car looked fantastic and they did an awesome job, it looks brand new. At this point I was set on keeping the car and was confident in the repairs, however my old AutoTrader ad was still up and someone messaged me with great interest to come and take a look. They came out and after doing a full inspection the following day, I got an offer just under my asking price, which I accepted. I felt that at this point the car was better than factory as it has new paint/clear which was stronger than what came out of the factory. Within 30 minutes of getting the bank draft for my vehicle, I was on the phone with Scott Subaru out of Red Deer and a gentlemen by the name of Ryan King who I have previously inquired about a trade in before all of this happened, was able to set me up with a brand new 2020 Forester Sport, which is what I was planning on getting if I got rid of the Crosstrek. Scott Subaru came in at 2k cheaper for the same car as Centaur Subaru, so it was a no brainer. I picked up my new car at 9:00AM on Friday, and at 1AM when we got back to down, I surprised my car with a car of his own, a new 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander.

At the end of the day, as I got pretty much my asking price, my new Forester cost me just under $7k, for a brand new vehicle with full warranty. Must say these Subaru really hold their value. I am very glad that Subaru came through on the repairs, which allowed me to proceed with another Subaru, which was my initial intention all along, a Subaru driver for life. Steven at Lou's said that they are getting more and more of these Orange crosstreks through their doors and are learning about them and what to look for, and for all future claims they will be more careful. I was apparently the first one they had to deal with, hence the miss on some parts.

Anyways, at the end it all worked out and I have moved on. As a memory, I decided to buy a diecast model of my old Crosstrek and my new Forester as well

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    Sorry for the delay in getting this updated. Had major issues at work for last month almost and finally can update. I complained to the dealer and when the manager got back he said he wanted me to come back and take a look. I did that and he was surprised that the paint wasn't fixed on the doors at all. He personally went to the body shop and talked to the manager/owner who was very apologetic about missing this. I was told to bring the car back and it would be fixed like it should have been fixed the first time around. This time I was given a loaner vehicle which was delivered to the dealership as I was there by the manager at Lou's (Steven). I pointed to him to all of the problem areas and off we went our separate ways. The following week I dropped by and saw my car again disassembled with repairs done on the bottom and all doors sanded down. I lurked around and the manager came out and we had a good chat again, super nice guy. A few days later I came in again and saw my car get rolled into the paint booth, at which point the manager saw my again and took me inside the paint booth to show me the full extent of disassembly and repair, was very cool to see. The car was assembled for the most part a few days later according to Steven but they were waiting on a few parts from Subaru as they were listed as non-reusable by Subaru in their repair manuals.

After almost 2 weeks, I got my car back. The car looked fantastic and they did an awesome job, it looks brand new. At this point I was set on keeping the car and was confident in the repairs, however my old AutoTrader ad was still up and someone messaged me with great interest to come and take a look. They came out and after doing a full inspection the following day, I got an offer just under my asking price, which I accepted. I felt that at this point the car was better than factory as it has new paint/clear which was stronger than what came out of the factory. Within 30 minutes of getting the bank draft for my vehicle, I was on the phone with Scott Subaru out of Red Deer and a gentlemen by the name of Ryan King who I have previously inquired about a trade in before all of this happened, was able to set me up with a brand new 2020 Forester Sport, which is what I was planning on getting if I got rid of the Crosstrek. Scott Subaru came in at 2k cheaper for the same car as Centaur Subaru, so it was a no brainer. I picked up my new car at 9:00AM on Friday, and at 1AM when we got back to down, I surprised my car with a car of his own, a new 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander.

At the end of the day, as I got pretty much my asking price, my new Forester cost me just under $7k, for a brand new vehicle with full warranty. Must say these Subaru really hold their value. I am very glad that Subaru came through on the repairs, which allowed me to proceed with another Subaru, which was my initial intention all along, a Subaru driver for life. Steven at Lou's said that they are getting more and more of these Orange crosstreks through their doors and are learning about them and what to look for, and for all future claims they will be more careful. I was apparently the first one they had to deal with, hence the miss on some parts.

Anyways, at the end it all worked out and I have moved on. As a memory, I decided to buy a diecast model of my old Crosstrek and my new Forester as well

Congrats on the new pick up!
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    Congrats on the new pick up!
    That's clearly an SUV, sir.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5