Quantcast
How to Deal with a Car Manufacturer for defects? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Deal with a Car Manufacturer for defects?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Further update. Sounds like Subaru of Canada has some record of this paint problem as well and I just spoke to the manager at the dealer who informed me that we are waiting for an appointment at a Body Shop that the dealer uses to go in, get quotes and all that. Sounds like they acknowledge the problem and aren't fighting it at this point in time, we will see how it goes after they get the quote for repaint. Once it's done definitely will be getting all those panels 3Med, looking for shop recommendations.

Nice to hear you are getting some traction on this - hope it gets sorted out. Nothing worse than having to fight dealerships for things beyond your control.

When it's done, I'd suggest taking it to Rainer & Nano Defense for some PPF.

Your experience here serves as another reminder of why I love leasing so much If Subaru refused to fix it you could just hand it back to them haha.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Further update. Sounds like Subaru of Canada has some record of this paint problem as well and I just spoke to the manager at the dealer who informed me that we are waiting for an appointment at a Body Shop that the dealer uses to go in, get quotes and all that. Sounds like they acknowledge the problem and aren't fighting it at this point in time, we will see how it goes after they get the quote for repaint. Once it's done definitely will be getting all those panels 3Med, looking for shop recommendations.
    Hopefully not Superior Auto Body on 17th which is who Centaur used for the warranty repair on my BRZ.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    Hopefully not Superior Auto Body on 17th which is who Centaur used for the warranty repair on my BRZ.
    Do tell more. The manager did mention a body shop, but I didn't really catch the name.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Do tell more. The manager did mention a body shop, but I didn't really catch the name.
    Just meh quality work, pretty terrible at cleaning up after themselves, didn’t seem to care about my concerns. My car had one side repainted at 49km (not 49000, 49 actual km).

My Ride

So an update. Took the car in to the dealer. They replaced the amp but it didn't fix my sound problem, so that's annoying as hell, but that's not the main issue. They drove my car to the body shop (I have a dash cam so I watched the whole thing). The car ended up at the body shop and was taken inside the garage bay. The guy left my car running so the camera was running the whole time. He took a few pictures of the hood, then reached out for his phone and made a phone call and walked away from the car. He came back 2 minutes later still on the phone, took a few more looks at the hood, got in the car and drove it away to park in front of the body shop. Total time in the shop, from time he got in the car to the time he parked it back out front....was 6 minutes...total time looking at my car, first time 50 seconds, and another 20 second...but mostly from a distance while still on the phone.

Best part, and most probably expected, is when he got back into the car to drive to the front of the shop he said "dude, it's 34k, rockchips".....34k being mileage on my car. The manager at Subaru said he will hear back from them probably Monday with an official quote, but not sure how much of a quote it's going to be, since they obviously took like 60 seconds at best looking at my car..

We will see what will happen. The manager now has to deal with my stereo and my paint job with Subaru, because they have replaced speakers and amp already....and still static from my speakers.

At this point, I am pretty fed up and annoyed, so I might just trade this thing in and get rid of it. Awesome car, but I don't have the patience to take it in 6+ times for same issue, or deal with sketchy body shops..will keep this thread updated.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

^ is the static noise covered in this thread?

https://www.subaruoutback.org/thread...-system.75969/

Ask them if they tested the AMP ground circuit (probably not).

I have a co-worker that has this exact car and a full repaint done under warranty message me if you want some details

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    ^ is the static noise covered in this thread?

https://www.subaruoutback.org/thread...-system.75969/

Ask them if they tested the AMP ground circuit (probably not).
    That info seems from 2013 so might not be the exact same issue, but I will look into this. The manager said they have some workflow they follow for repairs....first speakers...then amp...then it gets into wiring harnesses etc. It's really a pretty quiet static that most people wouldn't even notice as I only really hear it when the car is parked in the garage and I open the door to go inside to grab something, but it def shouldn't be happening, only rear speakers, both sides same time.

Quote Originally Posted by loweg View Post
    I have a co-worker that has this exact car and a full repaint done under warranty message me if you want some details

PMed! Very interested to hear!

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

So if I'm understanding correctly, the employee at the paint shop is mocking you for caring about rock chips because the car supposedly has a staggering 34,000km?

Or is he essentially agreeing that the amount of rock chips is fucked up for a car with such little mileage?

I don't have alot of faith as there are plenty of presumptuous numpties working at these places so I am just going to assume the former haha.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

That info seems from 2013 so might not be the exact same issue, but I will look into this. The manager said they have some workflow they follow for repairs....first speakers...then amp...then it gets into wiring harnesses etc. It's really a pretty quiet static that most people wouldn't even notice as I only really hear it when the car is parked in the garage and I open the door to go inside to grab something, but it def shouldn't be happening, only rear speakers, both sides same time.
    The actual audio equipment (speakers/amp) are still analog units. This has not changed in decades so info from 2013 or even 2003, would still apply on the same make. The same Make would tend to use similar equipment across its lineup.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    So if I'm understanding correctly, the employee at the paint shop is mocking you for caring about rock chips because the car supposedly has a staggering 34,000km?

Or is he essentially agreeing that the amount of rock chips is fucked up for a car with such little mileage?

I don't have alot of faith as there are plenty of presumptuous numpties working at these places so I am just going to assume the former haha.
    Def the former haha. Rolling his eyes in the video and mocking tone. We will see what transpires. At this point I might just trade her in.... But will give it a few more weeks to see.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

Sounds like your dealing with the dick heads at Calgary Subaru.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by cancer man View Post
    Sounds like your dealing with the dick heads at Calgary Subaru.
    Won't admit or deny, as there are only two dealers in the city and it's not fair to the other.

Got a little update. Spoke to the manager at the body shop just to see if they got the quote from the bodyshop and so far they haven't, guess super busy with all that pent-up demand from Covid. Anyways, he assured me they will get the quote and it should be no problem. I brought up the fact that I have a dashcam and body shop dude was being kind of a dick and he didn't take much time looking at my car, and the manager replied that he has actually talked to the manager at body shop about my car and instead of analyzing every panel, just told them on the phone to quote for a whole car repaint, which they can I guess get a good idea on the cost based on experience, hope that's the case.
    @loweg has been super helpful in asking his friend about their experience, and they had their whole car, minus the roof, repainted, with prep-work to stip old paint and such, which is the required procedure as per Subaru TSB, strip down to the primer. Sounds like Subaru covered it all under warranty without much of a fight.

Since I have been to the dealership like 8 times for my sound issue the manager wants to schedule the paint + audio troubleshooting into the same window, and the head unit is the next item on the list to be replaced apparently. He thinks that I can drop my car off, get the audio troubleshooting done, order parts, send car to paint, and install parts after the car is back from body shop, to save me on unnecessary trips back and forth which are a pain in the ass as there is always a wait time waiting for parts + booking appointment a few weeks out.

No longer feeling like trading the car in, I love it, just these issues have been making me want to just give up and move on, hope I don't have to. First stop after the repaint is to get the whole front 3Med, and all the doors.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Have you tried talking to CAMVAP? https://www.camvap.ca/

Currently going through the arbitration process for manufacture buyback of a defective vehicle myself.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by CLiVE View Post
    Have you tried talking to CAMVAP? https://www.camvap.ca/

Currently going through the arbitration process for manufacture buyback of a defective vehicle myself.
    I have not as they haven't entirely put up a fight yet, we will see how that changes when they get a quote. What's are the details with your vehicle?

My Ride

So got an update from the dealership yesterday. They said the repaint is a go. The body shop has sent in the estimate (apparently ~$4k, which seems kind of low) and right now it's just a matter of getting a booking with the body shop to get the car in, might take a few weeks to get a slot due to all the hail damage but since the dealership works with this body shop he thinks they can get me in fairly quickly.

Fun fact. Went for a mountain drive this weekend and saw another Orange crosstrek at a lot and parked next to it. That one makes my car look pristine...he had as many rock chips in a square foot on their hood as I have over my entire hood. I left a note for the person to get it repaired by Subaru. The lady sent me an email and said she will have to look into it and that she noticed that her Crosstrek was chipping super easy compared to her 12 year old Forester.

Her hood section..with touchup paint trying to cover things up

Are they painting the entire car for only $4K? A proper job should cost around double that if I am not mistaken.

What body shop is doing it? Can you get them to use Screamin' or somewhere you know is good? Last thing you want is a similar quality paint job that is going to chip just as easily.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

I left a note for the person to get it repaired by Subaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Are they painting the entire car for only $4K? A proper job should cost around double that if I am not mistaken.

What body shop is doing it? Can you get them to use Screamin' or somewhere you know is good? Last thing you want is a similar quality paint job that is going to chip just as easily.
    4k is crazy low. I had my car repainted a few years ago, was $11k, granted that was a specific paint, but still should be double what they said, or more.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast