Quantcast
Video editing - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Video editing

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I've played with iMovie a few times. The UI took me a bit of getting used to. I was just wondering if there was anything else I should be trying.
    So my primary video editing rig is my iPhone with iMovie. Most of the vids that I put together are vacation videos with the family. iMovie has enough effects for me make memorable shit, zoom in, change speed, drop in music track to set trip compilations to songs. In iOS you can even color grade your clips in photos directly and quickly non destructively. Here’s a quick workflow sample doing a quick demo with some of the features.

It’s not perfect, I could use better titling, and better music syncing when setting up transitions, but the fact that I can go from shooting during the day to editing and rendering at night in glorious 4K quickly in a handheld iPhone XS, I’m willing to sacrifice a few features.

Shoot me a green bubble message if you want to see some vacation vids to show you what’s possible.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Wow, that's really impressive for a phone app! The masking effect with the green box was pretty cool.

My Ride
    rally pig

time for you to join the blue team and buy an iphone!

The maldives video I shared a couple of times before was made with an iphone 11.

too lazy to launch imovie on the mac but curious to see how easy it is compared to the IOS version

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    time for you to join the blue team and buy an iphone!

The maldives video I shared a couple of times before was made with an iphone 11.

too lazy to launch imovie on the mac but curious to see how easy it is compared to the IOS version
    It does the same thing but with a less intuitive interface. I think there's 1 or 2 extras in Mac, such as reversing clips, that's about it. It's not worth moving all my clips to a Mac to edit. That adds way more time in my workflow. Same deal with iPad, would be nice for more screen real estate when editing, but not worth the effort.

I mean, if I'm at home, the workflow is better. iCloud automatically uploads the vids, and they're accessible on the Mac and iPad automatically. Problem is I never make videos at home, always on vacation with shit internet.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It does the same thing but with a less intuitive interface. I think there's 1 or 2 extras in Mac, such as reversing clips, that's about it. It's not worth moving all my clips to a Mac to edit. That adds way more time in my workflow. Same deal with iPad, would be nice for more screen real estate when editing, but not worth the effort.

I mean, if I'm at home, the workflow is better. iCloud automatically uploads the vids, and they're accessible on the Mac and iPad automatically. Problem is I never make videos at home, always on vacation with shit internet.
    Ironically, you were the one who taught me that if I Airdrop clips from other people taking video, I get full resolution.

So even on vacation, I airdrop from my phone to my ipad to edit. icloud is smart enough to match the clips and not duplicate.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Yeah the iMovie interface on MacOS isn't really as intuitive at all and has some really annoying things about it. It took me a couple tries to get anything out of it and even then I still really hate it, especially how it organizes media and by default it crops the aspect ratio. In a jam, it'll work though.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Ironically, you were the one who taught me that if I Airdrop clips from other people taking video, I get full resolution.

So even on vacation, I airdrop from my phone to my ipad to edit. icloud is smart enough to match the clips and not duplicate.
    Yea, I use my phone right after the clip is shot to airdrop to my phone. So the primary storage is my iPhone through the day. I can airdrop all those to iPad before editing at night, but too lazy. I mean if I carried my iPad with me everywhere that would work, but I don't haha.

I need to upgrade my iPad Pro, but all new iPads got rid of the split keyboard, can't live without that shit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2