Quantcast
NBA is back! - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA is back!

My Ride
    rally pig

thanks for the update, heard about Harden.. would be interesting to see him with KI and KD if it happens.
    Rondo looking to leave, which is why LA was interested on Schroder and getting rid of overpaid Green.
    Giannis would be nice in Miami too but most likely will be staying with the Bucks.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting trades. CP3 to Suns is great move. He gets to mentor and set up Booker and Deandre...but he's not winning a ring if he stays there.

Surprised anyone would want Danny Green on a roster at this point. OKC is in tank mode after trading CP3 and probably values the pick more than Green.

Crazy how far Westbrook's value has dropped. The same player that averaged a triple double for a whole season. But he was a huge liability during the playoffs against Lakers.

Harden to Nets would be pretty wild. Funny how that OKC core keeps reuniting in different ways with Harden/Westbrook now Harden/KD. Big 3 of KD/Harden/Irving would be insane. They'd be immediate favors out of the east if not the league.

Giannis needs to find a jumper. They got exposed during the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    thanks for the update, heard about Harden.. would be interesting to see him with KI and KD if it happens.
    Rondo looking to leave, which is why LA was interested on Schroder and getting rid of overpaid Green.
    Giannis would be nice in Miami too but most likely will be staying with the Bucks.
    I really like CP to Suns, he's not going to get a ring there but he's going to help make that team better and get into the playoffs.

Green is still good, apparently he was banged up towards the end of the playoffs. Over 40% 3pt shooter for his career and okay defender, slightly overpaid.

I wouldn't want Westbrook, stats chaser and needs the ball in his hands. Not productive to a team game. Charlotte or Knicks are the top destination rumor.

Harden to Nets, if they kept Irving and Durant (Houston is apparently asking for one of those back in trade) would be a crazy offense if there were able to work, only one basketball to go around and they all like to have it. All of them are elite though, so defenses would have to pick their poison.

Giannis is still improving, he's likely to become an average league shooter in his career or close to it and that's all he needs to do.

Rondo is going to get paid too much to stay with the Lakers and he isn't worth that money to the Lakers.

Apparently the Lakers are also trying to get Derozan, original rumors was Green & Kuz for Derozan. See if anything else comes of it.

Rumors around Aldridge to the Warriors. Tthe Warriors still have a big trade exception to use from last seasons trade with Iggy, so that could be an interesting fit.

EDIT: Holiday to bucks for Bledsoe/Hill + picks. Pretty big haul considering Holiday has a player option next year.

Also the pelicans future should be bright :
    Name:  Screenshot_20201117-120355.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  50.5 KB
    Last edited by brucebanner; 11-17-2020 at 01:05 PM.

My Ride
    M3P

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    I really like CP to Suns, he's not going to get a ring there but he's going to help make that team better and get into the playoffs.

Green is still good, apparently he was banged up towards the end of the playoffs. Over 40% 3pt shooter for his career and okay defender, slightly overpaid.

I wouldn't want Westbrook, stats chaser and needs the ball in his hands. Not productive to a team game. Charlotte or Knicks are the top destination rumor.

Harden to Nets, if they kept Irving and Durant (Houston is apparently asking for one of those back in trade) would be a crazy offense if there were able to work, only one basketball to go around and they all like to have it. All of them are elite though, so defenses would have to pick their poison.

Giannis is still improving, he's likely to become an average league shooter in his career or close to it and that's all he needs to do.

Rondo is going to get paid too much to stay with the Lakers and he isn't worth that money to the Lakers.

Apparently the Lakers are also trying to get Derozan, original rumors was Green & Kuz for Derozan. See if anything else comes of it.

Rumors around Aldridge to the Warriors. Tthe Warriors still have a big trade exception to use from last seasons trade with Iggy, so that could be an interesting fit.

EDIT: Holiday to bucks for Bledsoe/Hill + picks. Pretty big haul considering Holiday has a player option next year.

Also the pelicans future should be bright :
    Name:  Screenshot_20201117-120355.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  50.5 KB
    Derozan opted into his player option so I imagine that means he's staying put. No way lakers would be paying him that kind of money even if they gave up two players for him. They're more likely to re-sign KCP than to trade for Derozan

My Ride
    Has wheels

I saw that Derozan opted in and probably smart, hard to say what kind of money he could of got as a FA. I'm not saying the Lakers will get him, just rumors I've read.

They don't really have the assets to get him anyways, Green and Kuz might of been good enough but since Green is gone there isn't really much appealing. I've also read that Kuz wants to get paid on his next contract, so I could see the Lakers moving on from him as I doubt they want to tie up a lot of money in him.

EDIT: Milwaukee agreed to a sign-and-trade deal with the Sacramento Kings, acquiring sharpshooter Bogdan Bogdanovic for Donte DiVincenzo, Ersan Ilyasova and D.J. Wilson
    Last edited by brucebanner; 11-17-2020 at 04:03 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

Lakers looking good to repeat. The Clippers might be a total disaster if they don't get it together here
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    rally pig

Marc Gasol is going to Lakers
    Westbrook to Wizards and Wall to Rockets
    James staying with the Lakers for 2 more years too.

any other major moves happening?

My Ride
    golfR

AD 5 more years to the Lakers.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Lakers got better all around this off season for sure.

I like what Toronto did with signing Baynes but I would of liked Serge back on a big inflated 1 year deal.

Mavs got considerably better this year, trading Curry for Richardson is going to be a good move for both teams. Mavs got bigger and better defensively, offense might slip slightly but they had the best offense ever in history last year, so a little slip there and getting better on defense should have a big impact for them. Luka is so damn good already, really like watching him. Still mad about covid, was supposed to see so many guys in LA 1 day after the league was cancelled.

76ers are going to be better this year now they have a lot more shooting around Simmons & Embid.

Russ / Wall trade is a net neutral trade in my mind if Wall is healthy.

I think Harden is gone some point this season, apparently he still hasn't shown up for camp. Also turned down a 2 year 103 mil extension.

Lakers will be a slight favorite to win the title but they still gotta work hard, it's not like the GSW days when Durant was on there. I do enjoy the parity now in the NBA.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Lakers are going to take it easy for at least the first half of the season, ramp up second half and be ready for the playoffs.

I doubt LeBron is going to lose much if any productivity this year, if Dennis and Montrezl develop good chemistry and Gasol doesn't regress too much, they're going to be considerable favorites this year.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    Lakers are going to take it easy for at least the first half of the season, ramp up second half and be ready for the playoffs.

I doubt LeBron is going to lose much if any productivity this year, if Dennis and Montrezl develop good chemistry and Gasol doesn't regress too much, they're going to be considerable favorites this year.
    The unfortunate thing is that Raptors got the last year of Gasol's contract in a year in which he went as deep as possible in the playoffs (yes, I know they won), but also then went off and played 2 months with Spain in FIBA World Cup (which he won) and then back into the NBA season before it got stopped. It's not surprising that he struggled with some health issues during the Raptors season. What will be interesting is to see how the Raptors learn to play without him. When he's on the court, it's evident how much the offense revolves around Gasol getting the ball in the high-post and as a swing man. On defense, he does a lot in protecting the rim and moving a lot of those pieces around, especially when the Raptors like to switch into zones and junks.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Has wheels

Yeah, Gasol played a lot of ball and it certainly showed.

I'm sure they will miss him, he's a very smart player on both sides of the ball. He's still going to be effective, I'm just saying it's tied to how healthy he is after the last few years along with his age.

My Ride
    NC1

Rough start for the Raps. What will Masai do??

Curry’s 60pt game was fun tho.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Rough start for the Raps. What will Masai do??

Curry’s 60pt game was fun tho.
    Not really anything they can do. Nurse can try going super-small but he's already playing 2 point guards in Lowry and FVV.

Raptors have lost too many important pieces to be a contender, they need to big some big splashes, maybe try to land Harden.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    Raptors have lost too many important pieces to be a contender, they need to big some big splashes, maybe try to land Harden.
    I mean, it's not really a surprise when you lose two key big men and replace them with Baynes and Len. The general consensus has been that they were getting better by getting worse through a strategy of trying to preserve cap space for Greek, which obviously didn't work out.

Harden could be an answer, but that I don't know if Siakam's bubble and recent struggles have hurt his trade value to the point where the Raps may end up having to add another trade piece. Personally, as good as Harden is, I don't know if he's worth the risk of adding to the roster. This is a team that puts an extraordinary amount of faith in the management apparatus from the coaching staff up through to the team president. How many professional teams will actually try to run a diamond press in a real game, let along the box+ and triangles? From all accounts (here's really good ESPN article about how the organization bent to Harden's will at every turn: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...breaking-point).

I'm not entirely convinced that Harden would fit into the Raps culture nor do I think that he'd want to.

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

I'm not sure if Siakam is actually the player that everyone is hoping that he is. I think he's more of a player of circumstance. During the championship run there was much for focus on Kawhi, Kyle, Marc and Serge. The opposing teams had him much further down the scouting report. This worked out great as teams would double team Kawhi it would opened up the floor for Siakam to do his thing. Also with a big man like Marc there was an guy that could feed to him.

Kawhi moves on but now you still have two veteran smart centers who are able to open the floor up which can also shoot the 3 make a big difference. Siakam is able to continue doing his thing but as the season goes by teams scouting reports learn what his play style is as he has develop into a more in depth player. These teams start to collapse onto him and you see what was happening leading up to the Covid break. During the covid break he admit to not picking up a ball during the whole time which is going to be a problem for some guys.

Now look at this season we lost our two big men, the floor isn't opened up as it once was you got a big man that looks lost and doesn't fit with the style the team once had. All the focus is on Siakam and you can see that he's tentative and doing dumb things on both sides of the court when pressured. Your all star money man shouldn't be getting fouled out in two games in a row and cause unnecessary free throws in the 4th.

Hopefully he can turn it around and prove me wrong but he is by no means a number 1, but a very good number two that can open up the floor until he is able to further develop his game.

My Ride
    rally pig

havent followed the season closely but looks like Harden is going to the Brooklyn Nets with KI and KD.

will be interesting to see how Harden fits with the team.

My Ride
    NC1

Holy now isn’t that something

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    havent followed the season closely but looks like Harden is going to the Brooklyn Nets with KI and KD.

will be interesting to see how Harden fits with the team.
    Rockets then flipped Lavert for Oladipo.

The Nets is obviously the focal point in this. It's crazy to think what could happen on a team with 3 of the most prolific individual scorers in the league - both good and bad. There's the old criticism that has been thrown around to describe a lot of teams recently (GSW, Lakers, MIA and maybe even the 2nd-era Cavs), but you could at least see that some of the pieces were off-ball, shoot if you're open types like Klay, Wade and Bosh, Love, etc.). In the Nets' case, all 3 players are live-ball, every-shot-I-shoot-is-a-good-shot types.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast