Quantcast
NBA is back! - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA is back!

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Man, a playoff where both Lakers and Clippers could potentially be out in the first round and Embiid tears a meniscus, basically makes this a championship that's the Nets' to lose. Hopefully the Bucks give them a run for their money.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    money on Leflop going down sometime on injury next game because they are behind?
    It'll be nice to not have to hear how he's the greatest etc.

A lot of injuries this season and playoffs. Have to wonder if short turnaround time between last year's playoffs and new season along with condensed schedule had something to do with it. Is it a coincidence that this year's top seeds (Utah, Phx, Bklyn) either didn't even make playoffs or were eliminated in 1st round last year? I don't ever recall a season where the top seeds from both conferences jumping from 8th seed or no playoffs the season before. Heat and lakers going from finals to potential first round exits further proves that point. Finals didn't finish til October!

While I thought the play in tourney was fun and made things interesting the timing of introducing that tourney in a condensed and short turnaround season wasn't the smartest idea.

For these reasons the people that claim Laker/Heat finals last year was a fluke (Bubble heat, Lemickey, etc) need to check themselves.

My Ride
    Has wheels

I like the play in, gives the end of the season some meaning. Otherwise, teams have been taking the last month~ of the season off forever.

Could be some close out games tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    A lot of injuries this season and playoffs. Have to wonder if short turnaround time between last year's playoffs and new season along with condensed schedule had something to do with it. Is it a coincidence that this year's top seeds (Utah, Phx, Bklyn) either didn't even make playoffs or were eliminated in 1st round last year? I don't ever recall a season where the top seeds from both conferences jumping from 8th seed or no playoffs the season before. Heat and lakers going from finals to potential first round exits further proves that point. Finals didn't finish til October!

While I thought the play in tourney was fun and made things interesting the timing of introducing that tourney in a condensed and short turnaround season wasn't the smartest idea.

For these reasons the people that claim Laker/Heat finals last year was a fluke (Bubble heat, Lemickey, etc) need to check themselves.

Well last year Utah was a .5 game away from being the 4th seed, instead they were the 6th and got to face a pretty deep Nuggets team. Not to mention they overall are a young team and each year the stars keep improving more. Mitchell/Goberts play is shown in the record.

Suns picked up CP3 who carried that awful Thunder team last year, and he brought not only talent but helped that team so huge. Booker was played like a disgruntled all-star, now he's not cause he has talent. Also, young team like above, players keep improving.

And I really can't believe you included the Nets in that "coincidence". I'd say having a guy many have argued for the last 5 years as the 1A/1B best player in the NBA discussion not be on the bench injured, plus a healthy Kyrie, oh and that other guy that has an MVP to his name.

Fluke, not a word I'd use over a stretch of time. A fortunate set of circumstances... yes. Heat got very lucky with who they were matched up on, and a few guys played the games of their life for a stretch (Herro is an easy target, considering Miami wouldn't trade him for Harden, that one must hurt Riley watching now). LeBitchflop at his older age got a ton of rest in so he was primed for a run, same with AD who when healthy is a monster but clearly has a track record for injuries, much like Embiid. Also add in that the Heats big deadline transaction is out for the season and the Bucks roster was changed enough that the Heat couldn't lock down Greek like they did last year.

I don't have the full statistics of injuries but I don't really see this season being too much different than the norm, it seems every year a few major stars are hurt, this one being not much different except that if its LeBitchflop all eyes are on him and the lakers so it gets blown up big.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Injuries are always a factor during playoffs. The only real surprise is the Jamal Murray injury really hurts their chances of being a serious threat. Everyone else who's gotten hurt are the same guys who've had a history of getting hurt. Embiid, Davis and Paul (especially noted in the playoffs) are all guys that have missed extended periods throughout their careers.

Y'all crazy if you don't think ~6 week offseason + condensed schedule doesn't affect the quality of games. Lebron getting older but he's never been out as long as he has this past regular season. Luka, Mitchell, Morant, Murray, Jaylen Brown all young players with serious injuries at some points of the season.

On a different topic I don't understand the Lebron hate. Undeniably one of the best players ever and people still bashing him at the tail end of his career. I was a hater as much as anyone during his 'decison' and Miami years cuz it was just anticompetitive behavior but going back to win a ring in Cleveland was incredible. I understand the drama and stories are a part of the game but at some point you gotta appreciate the greatness in front of you instead of treating it like its WWE.

Y'all crazy if you don't think ~6 week offseason + condensed schedule doesn't affect the quality of games. Lebron getting older but he's never been out as long as he has this past regular season. Luka, Mitchell, Morant, Murray, Jaylen Brown all young players with serious injuries at some points of the season.

On a different topic I don't understand the Lebron hate. Undeniably one of the best players ever and people still bashing him at the tail end of his career. I was a hater as much as anyone during his 'decison' and Miami years cuz it was just anticompetitive behavior but going back to win a ring in Cleveland was incredible. I understand the drama and stories are a part of the game but at some point you gotta appreciate the greatness in front of you instead of treating it like its WWE.
    When I think of serious injury, I'm thinking like half a season + or out indefinitely so yes. Jamal counts and Jaylen one later in the season. But the other guys didn't miss too much time. Also Morants play reminds me of D.Rose back in the day, he's bound to get hurt with his style and lots of people already warned him. The condensed offseason + schedule for sure threw some things off but they also had a huge time off prior to etc. It'll be back to roughly normal next season. But he's also 36 years old 18 seasons deep, even a specimen like he is will eventually break down its inevitable.

As for the hate on him, I could post so much shit over the years. I liked him when he was younger but basically since the decision and his ego inflated, nah. Guy manufactured all his championships by jumping ship and every time leaving the team in a bad spot with all the transactions he forced upon management (Cavs got screwed with so many contracts and zero picks). Dude is a beast but flops and cries for calls all the time. I could paste up many memes from his champion speech vs Toews of times he said I/me. His self proclaimed goat clip etc. but no point in wasting anymore time. Guy is top 5 all time, won't argue it, he's had huge impact on the game and is a challenge for tons of teams/players. But those are some of your common why do I hate LBJ comments from the majority of people.

I'll toss just these recent ones cause the guy chat is divided having a major LBJ homer, some middles and some haters. We brought these up and that's just going back a week or two.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPO8qD-t...dium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPQvt-6p...dium=copy_link

My Ride
    NC1

LBJ will just recruit Kawhi for next season and Demar will replace Kawhi across town lol

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I was really hoping the Mavs would win, but the Clippers were the better team.

My Ride
    Has wheels

I was hoping the Mavs would also win. Luka is a very special player, and the Mavs have some real work to do in the offseason. Already more rumors about KP not happy about his role etc.

Nets were pretty dominate in game one, even with Harden out. I think the Bucks can win that series though but they'll have to play better than game 1.

Suns / Nuggets should be a good series. No way Ayton is stopping Joker but they have multiple wings to throw at MPJ.

Really enjoying the playoffs this year.

My Ride
    Honda Civic

That was Raptors Kawhi out there for game 6 and 7, legendary performance. I am also sad that the Mavs are out as I picked them to win in my bracket. Get Luka some help on that team and get rid of KP, he's a bum haha.

My Ride
    rally pig

most exciting playoffs in a while

Harden is going to miss another game but hopefully they win again today against the Bucks.

Doncic and Porzingis chemistry doesn't look to be doing well although P didnt perform very well the last 2 games.

My Ride
    Has wheels

If the Mavs got the KP that played for the Knicks, things would be different but they didn't.

I don't like Trae Young very much but he's been playing very well throughout these playoffs, even though the Hawks almost gave game 1 away. That Trae / Luka draft trade doesn't look as terrible now considering how the Hawks have been built. They're a better team than the Mavs.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Durant playing 48 minutes and having an all time game last night.

Bucks gave the game away, when the Bucks lose this series coach bud is gone.

My Ride
    rally pig

insane game by Durant yesterday, glad to see Harden back as well, with Kyrie injured the team needed the morale boost of Harden showing up as well.

sad to see the Nuggets getting swept by the Suns but Jokic didn't really get much help from the team.

Hawk vs 76ers and Clippers vs Jazz are getting spicy, don't know who to cheer for as in the end I want the Nets to win with Suns and Clippers next.

76ers have the tools to go further than the Hawks I think. Nets vs 76ers eastern conference would be really good.

Suns vs Clippers would be a great series but I'd rather have the Jazz take out the clippers.

Looks like Kawhi is out next game so they don't have their clutch player at least for one game, possibly the whole series.

My Ride
    Has wheels

76ers need Joel to be healthy but I want them to beat the Hawks. As good as Trae is, I dislike him. Imagine how good the Hawks would be if that Luka/Trae trade never happened.

Mike might be back for the Jazz tonight, they could really use another creator to get Donovan off the ball and in actions.

Paul out with health and safety protocols too, could be something to watch for the WCF.

My Ride
    NC1

Crazy playoffs So many injuries.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast