Quantcast
NBA is back! - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA is back!

My Ride
    Has wheels

I'm curious to see how those 3 are going to work. Also, the Nets bench is just crushed now. Durant should still be the #1 guy. No idea how KI is going to play with 2 other ball dominate players, he couldn't wait to leave LeBron after they won the championship.

So many blowouts so far this year, many teams playing better than projected, lots of story lines so far.

Raptors are playing like trash so far. Chris Boucher, FVV are playing well and PS is finally starting to come around, they should be a .500 team so far but some tough losses so far.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I think another thing that's getting lost is the weirdness with what's going on with Irving's situation right now. He's missed 4 games now to "personal reasons" and there's unverified video of him at an indoor family gathering without a mask.

That Nets locker room is probably going to be really fucked up. 3 of the most prolific scorers who also happen to be 3 of the moodiest personalities in the league.
    Last edited by sexualbanana; 01-13-2021 at 11:17 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Does that Russian oligarch still own the Nets? Because under his management they made one of the worst trades in NBA history bringing in KG & Pierce well past their primes that mortgaged away the team's future for the next 5 years. Even though their core stars are younger this time around it could still potentially end just as badly. This team is full of toxic personalities and ball hogs with no consideration for how the pieces fit together. Most importantly there's no leader amongst them - KD is a ring chasing snake, Harden is a strip club loving whiner that threw his whole team under the bus in the middle of a season, and Kyrie is living on his own (flat) planet.

I'd be happy to eat my words if they win a ring together or even reach the finals but this is one of those teams you love to hate.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Their offense, even if it is a "my turn, your turn" type offense, will be hard to guard as all 3 guys are able to score from anywhere on the floor.

Defense will be a problem, they're going to miss Allen. Durant is the only good defender of the starting 5. Jordan isn't anything like he used to be, Harris plays hard but not a stout defender, Harden hasn't been interested on defense in years, although he can be okay.

Needless to say, going to fun to watch and see what happens.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their offense, even if it is a "my turn, your turn" type offense, will be hard to guard as all 3 guys are able to score from anywhere on the floor.

Defense will be a problem, they're going to miss Allen. Durant is the only good defender of the starting 5. Jordan isn't anything like he used to be, Harris plays hard but not a stout defender, Harden hasn't been interested on defense in years, although he can be okay.

Needless to say, going to fun to watch and see what happens.
    The hope and the prayer is that Harden took defensive possessions off because he had to carry the weight of the entire offense. With 2 other major contributors on that end, maybe (MAYBE) he re-engages on the defensive end.

I'll be curious to see how he'll react in plays where he's not involved since that was the major criticism when he played with Paul.

My Ride
    Has wheels

I'm thinking the same, since he was the offense he took defense off most of the time. He's never been a great defender though, so it'll be interesting to see. For the nets to be successful, he has to put effort into both sides of the ball. Standing off ball while CP3 was running the offense was shitty of him too, if he had of done more than basically walk up passed half court, it would of added another difficult layer to that offense to deal with.

Durant and Irving are elite 1 on 1 scorers, so that won't matter as much but even a pick and roll with any 2 of them would be a nightmare to defend with the 3rd guy and Harris tucked in the corners.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Only saw highlights but Harden and Durant looked good last night.

Boucher is out playing the contract he signed in the offseason, exceeding my expectations for sure.

My Ride
    NC1

Oh man deadly. Almost quadruple double for harden. I think he’s gonna be motivated af now. Just trade Kyrie for Russell and get help in the middle aka serge and the gang is back!!

My Ride
    Has wheels

Anyone watching playoffs?

Bucks are much improved.

Nets offense is crazy.

I think Philly is coming out of the east since nets / bucks have to play each other and it's likely to be a long, tough series.

Wanted Knicks to beat hawks, I dislike Trae. Philly going to take out the hawks.

I'm not sure lebron can carry the Lakers through the suns if Davis misses time.

Luka is hurt, clips getting lucky and going to win the series.

Jazz could go to the finals.

Blazers and Nuggets don't matter.

My Ride
    rally pig

Yup!
    I wasn't following the season much but with playoffs, things are starting to get interesting.

Disappointed for the Heat but happy for the Bucks at the same time.
    Bucks vs Nets will be bloody but I would like to see the Nets winning.

Hawks vs 76ers doesnt matter much to me although I was cheering for Knicks to advance for D Rose.

Lakers in trouble without AD, I prefer the Suns to advance anyway for CP3.
    LAC got lucky with Luka being injured.
    West doesn't really matter to me without GS, happy for any teams to win other than the Lakers lol.

My Ride
    NC1

Agreed on all points.

Not a Knicks fan tho, put them in the category of Cowboys and Leafs. Stop the parade planning!

My Ride
    Has wheels

Different without GS in, but it was nice to see the Grizz get in at the same time.

If the Bucks don't make the finals, I think coach bud is fired.

Would be nice to see the Suns go deep, I'd like to see cp3 win it all but I don't know if they'll get there. The rest of the team is young.

It was nice to see meaningful basketball being played at MSG again. Would of been crazy being in the crowd there for the first couple games.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    Different without GS in, but it was nice to see the Grizz get in at the same time.

If the Bucks don't make the finals, I think coach bud is fired.

Would be nice to see the Suns go deep, I'd like to see cp3 win it all but I don't know if they'll get there. The rest of the team is young.

It was nice to see meaningful basketball being played at MSG again. Would of been crazy being in the crowd there for the first couple games.
    While I think you're right, I'm a little more forgiving when it comes to Bud and playoff outcomes. The road for the Bucks will involve a supercharged Nets and, if they make it, a 76ers team, both of whom are playing extraordinarily well. I don't think there's any shame in losing to those teams. As a big time MJ (and thus Bulls fan) during their 90s runs, even I have to credit organizations like the Jazz who don't blame Sloan, Malone or Stockton for not being able to get past those all-time great Bulls teams.

Hopefully CP3 can get his neck right in time. But also, I hope his tendency to rely on referee chicanery in the playoffs stops too. He's far too good of a player to rely so heavily on that, and it's backfired on him on more than a few occasions.

My Ride
    Has wheels

While I don't disagree with you about Bud, I just think it's a very real outcome. It wouldn't necessarily be his fault this year, in previous years he owns a lot of the blame for not making changes.

I didn't get to see the whole LA/Suns game yesterday but from what I saw, cp3 looked better. Hopefully that's a sign that he's improving daily.

I really hope Luka can shake what is bothering him and they can regain control of that series, wishful thinking though.

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

Suns are stroking the Lakers right now but I'm sure all the talk will be that AD is out and James isn't 100%

My Ride
    rally pig

yeah stopped watching Lakers vs Suns and tuned in on Blazers vs Nuggets, much better game!

wow... Lillard is unreal...

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    wow... Lillard is unreal...
    Absolutely ridiculous.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

money on Leflop going down sometime on injury next game because they are behind?

Dame is so fun to watch, definitely my favorite in the league right now. Too bad they couldn't pull off the win but I mean he had no help

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast