Quantcast
My Road to $7.2MM in 20 Years - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: My Road to $7.2MM in 20 Years

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    Posts
    1,565
    Rep Power
    19

    Default My Road to $7.2MM in 20 Years

    Tony Robbins has always taught me that making goals is the first step, and cock-municating those goals to random internet strangers helps reinforce your drive.

    In light of being educated this week that I must have $7.2 MM free and clear by the time I am 60 in order to retire a peasant life, I have decided to share my retarrment plans with you all. This is the scenario.

    I identify as an oppressed 40 year old White Samoan who wants to retire by the time I am 60. I start off today with a $400,000 mortgage that I will HELOC the crap out of until the day I COVID. I am investment dumb, so I pay a financial advisor 3% (2% of which are in hidden fees) to obtain an 8% annual return. There is also a 1.5% annual inflation, further diluting my monetary power, because our federal government can't get shit done to grow the economy. Being a member of the most discriminated majority in Western civilization significantly reduces my career opportunities despite working for companies with homogenous race-gender boards. As a slightly tubby Samoan means that I am unable to work on lucrative bailout industry positions such as airline steward, nor would I likely enjoy the benefits of marrying rich Aspen instamodels. These conditions further reduces my yearly return by 0.5%. The net result is a 3% effective annual return in real terms.

    Punching all of the above into a free online calculator means that I have to save $24K a month after tax. I better get to it.

    I am pumped and motivated like The Rock on instagram. For example, this morning, I spied an incredible Hublot Fusion AeroFusion Chronograph Richard Orlinski on aliexpress for $25,000 CAD with free shipping. I placed the order but cancelled it minutes after. Now I have exceeded my monthly goal. That was easy.

    I post this as a motivator for you all. If I can do it, so can your cocker-spaniel. Now I want you all to share your gainz. Hit subscribe wherever that button is.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 06-06-2020 at 12:26 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    692
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Bahahaha I saw his post and im not the least bit surprised he posted that and cock-municating is bang on....
    I gotta give him some cred though, as stupid as this is most people dont have any idea what they will retire on/with, so at least having a goal and a way to get there is in the right direction. It was the norm in the past to retire with your house paid off but it wont be like that in the future and with the debt loads at an all time high i could totally see retirement getting bumped up to 70 years old instead of the 65.

    7.2 mil
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Online
    My Ride
    Budget Baller
    Posts
    10,251
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Playing with the calculator is fun
    max_boost is a name known to all

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    S4
    Posts
    2,514
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was the norm in the past to retire with your house paid off but it wont be like that in the future
    lolwut

    If a person can’t pay off a house by the time they retire, they’ve spent a lifetime living beyond their means.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lolwut

    If a person can’t pay off a house by the time they retire, they’ve spent a lifetime living beyond their means.
    leaving beyond your means? Sounds normal to me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    911
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lolwut

    If a person can’t pay off a house by the time they retire, they’ve spent a lifetime living beyond their means.
    Depending on the market and circumstances though it could be cheaper to rent than to own. If you took a 400k house paid off and sold it 10 years ago and dumped that into investments + pay rent, you'd have made bank versus a house that's probably roughly worth the same today.

    Even after the covid drop the tsx is still up almost 50% versus Jan 2010. Can you say the same about a house? Especially when you consider long term costs / maintenance. S&P500 is up 200% if you also do US investment for some of it.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 06-06-2020 at 02:56 PM.
    Nolan

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    RE as an asset class is pretty shitty.

    It more or less tracks inflation over the long term.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RE as an asset class is pretty shitty.

    It more or less tracks inflation over the long term.
    yeah - unfortunately over the last decade the house prices in Bertah have been slowly dropping. In a "normal" economy we should be seeing appreciation. I still think RE isn't all that bad with a rental property as long as you can hold long term and get positive cashflow.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    Posts
    1,565
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    This was supposed to be a "how did you save $24k after tax this month" thread.

    Fine. I will join in. We are all trying to retire peasantly after all.

    S&P500 has grown because of QE-that-never-ended that was supplemented by QE-Infinity.
    Real Estate is awesome for some people because of easy leverage.

    Bonus opinion. VGRO sucks my sweaty butt crack after 5 sessions of laser hair removal.

    Possible ways to get to my goals:
    1) Re-marry rich or EnRich (where dem cougars at)
    2) HELOC and buy PPL (can I put a LOC on a HELOC?)
    3) Be a realtor after the pool has been thinned down by the down market (I am not charming but will work for volume over commission rate)
    4) Be a divorce lawyer and hope that there will still be a large pool of unhappily married people by the time I graduate
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 06-06-2020 at 05:32 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    Posts
    1,565
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RE as an asset class is pretty shitty.

    It more or less tracks inflation over the long term.
    Bonus-bonus opinion. Never trust Buster. He took money out of his investments to pay off his home in a historically low interest environment. Never trust a Phil-denier.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    I'm much better at making money than I am at investing money, that's for sure.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Online
    My Ride
    Budget Baller
    Posts
    10,251
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    You are a splendid one to behold
    max_boost is a name known to all

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    Posts
    1,565
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are a splendid one to behold
    Max_Boost is one of maybe three people on beyond who can be trusted, not only on the claimed ingredients in his fabulous spring rolls, but on life advice.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This was supposed to be a "how did you save $24k after tax this month" thread.

    Fine. I will join in. We are all trying to retire peasantly after all.

    S&P500 has grown because of QE-that-never-ended that was supplemented by QE-Infinity.
    Real Estate is awesome for some people because of easy leverage.

    Bonus opinion. VGRO sucks my sweaty butt crack after 5 sessions of laser hair removal.

    Possible ways to get to my goals:
    1) Re-marry rich or EnRich (where dem cougars at)
    2) HELOC and buy PPL (can I put a LOC on a HELOC?)
    3) Be a realtor after the pool has been thinned down by the down market (I am not charming but will work for volume over commission rate)
    4) Be a divorce lawyer and hope that there will still be a large pool of unhappily married people by the time I graduate
    Here's the real way to go about it...

    https://www.binance.com/en/blog/3937...-125x-Leverage

    HELOC or however you can raise cash then leverage that to the moon. You can make your 7.2MM in a month or a day or an hour!
    Last edited by mazdavirgin; 06-06-2020 at 06:13 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    Posts
    1,565
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    125x leverage on cryptocurrency?
    .
    .
    .
    .
    BRILLIANT!!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex city
    My Ride
    Phanbus
    Posts
    7,306
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    I thought the 3x Oil was great. this is clearly 42x better, and we all know 42 is the answer.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    Posts
    1,565
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    While at Superstore this morning, I saw some kids grab a few 2L bottles of Coke and Fanta. My instinct kicked in and before I even realized what had happened, I found myself snatching the pop away from them and smacking them upside their heads asking them if they want to ever be able to afford to retire. Their parents were nowhere to be found, but I felt that I had done them a solid.

    I also saved $20 by using my PC Optimum points.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,613
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also saved $20 by using my PC Optimum points.
    Rookie. You wait till those spend 300k pts, get $100 additional off or something Shoppers has. You will never get to $7.2 mill.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    Posts
    1,565
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rookie. You wait till those spend 300k pts, get $100 additional off or something Shoppers has. You will never get to $7.2 mill.
    What would I ever want from Shoppers other than my Viagra refill? Don't be so mean. I may never get to 7.2, but I am going to try my best. My cougarlife profile is almost ready.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,613
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What would I ever want from Shoppers other than my Viagra refill? Don't be so mean. I may never get to 7.2, but I am going to try my best. My cougarlife profile is almost ready.
    Enjoy your measly 6 mill, pleb.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: 2mm charger

    By G-ZUS in forum Cellular Products
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 03-02-2018, 06:31 PM
  2. Need help cutting two 7" holes in 2mm Plexi-Glass

    By Neil4Speed in forum Home and Garden
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 06-05-2015, 11:45 PM
  3. FS: Omega Aqua Terra XXL 150m 49.2mm watch

    By gokuu in forum Fashion and Apparel
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 01-25-2014, 03:55 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Latest Threads: 01-05-2011, 05:33 PM
  5. Extend structural defect warranty from 5 years to 10 years

    By slcchyd in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 03-31-2010, 01:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •