Quantcast
Are you guys going back to the gym? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Returning to the gym?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im gonna wait it out

16 27.12%
  • Yes

19 32.20%
  • No

7 11.86%
  • Home gym for life

17 28.81%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Are you guys going back to the gym?

My Ride
    TypeR

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That might be the case but according to my wife who uses gymvmt was told on the phone that her membership credit can be used on the gymvmt go website online instead of coming into the gym. She has to use her personal training hours in person I think. I guess I will monitor the credit card to ensure that she doesnt get charged an extra 19.99 ontop of her existing 32$ every two weeks. Im just a bit bummed that the go website isnt an app.

Found this on the website:

Yeah sorry I meant for online personal training options not the group x ones. So far from what ive seen members are super happy with the go service and who knows when these people will actually feel comfortable in the gym again. Id say about 40% of my bushiness has kept training/membership frozen for now because of uncertainty and fear of catching covid.

I'm just super happy my company has done the extra effort to keep everyone safe (disposable wipes, online booking where you can check occupancy, all staff trained on covid prevention) .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    What gym?

Also, does anyone know whats in the typical cleaner bottles at the gym? It didn't smell like alcohol like a bunch of the sanitizers do. (Not that I tried to smell it I guess, maybe it was weak).

When I went to fit4less by the last 15 minutes of our session almost all the bottles had been swiped and people just taking them to each machine with them. Was really annoying. Curious if I could just bring my own but idk what would be okay without damaging the machines.
    Im at Gymvmt Trans Canada now. We have installed tons of disposable wipes/hand sanitizing stations and have hired two full time cleaners to continue to keep our gym clean throughout the day . Our staff also has to go wipe down all high touch points every hour.
    IG:scboss

Are any of your guys' gyms that have opened in a limited capacity reducing member fees to match? My gym opened, but with extremely limited hours such that I am almost never going to be able to go (I go there specifically because it's 24hr), so I need to check if they are automatically billing me. If Anytime fitness is no longer "Anytime", hopefully they aren't billing people 100% or maybe they look at it case by case since they can see how often you go.

YMCA posted their re-opening plans yesterday, with the opening date set for July 20th. Reduced capacity with an online booking system, can be booked up to 3 days in advance. I'm looking forward to trying it out as I enjoy working out in an empty gym. Also looks like I can book the basketball court entirely to myself. I'll probably try it out for a few months before putting my membership on hold for the fall/winter (and a potential second wave).

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Are any of your guys' gyms that have opened in a limited capacity reducing member fees to match? My gym opened, but with extremely limited hours such that I am almost never going to be able to go (I go there specifically because it's 24hr), so I need to check if they are automatically billing me. If Anytime fitness is no longer "Anytime", hopefully they aren't billing people 100% or maybe they look at it case by case since they can see how often you go.
    Anytime is charging full rates like every other gym. Interestingly enough Anytimes in BC are open like before. They have a soft cap of 30-40 members inside at any given time but I can't say I've see any enforcement.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Saw the ymca posting glad I’m not going back there for a while. The small gym I joined is a better place for times like this. I think the cap is 40 people but I typically go at 530am. The ymca in quarry park doesn’t open till 630 now so it wouldn’t have worked anyway, no locker room use either.

Quote Originally Posted by sneek View Post
    Anytime is charging full rates like every other gym. Interestingly enough Anytimes in BC are open like before. They have a soft cap of 30-40 members inside at any given time but I can't say I've see any enforcement.
    Interesting. I go to 2 different locations and they have different policies so it seems franchise dependent. The one I go to most often has a 1hr maximum on your workout, no shower or fountain use, no outdoor shoes allowed past the door, and obviously equipment wipe-downs.

I should probably give them a call since I pretty much can't ever go during their new hours.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Interesting. I go to 2 different locations and they have different policies so it seems franchise dependent. The one I go to most often has a 1hr maximum on your workout, no shower or fountain use, no outdoor shoes allowed past the door, and obviously equipment wipe-downs.

I should probably give them a call since I pretty much can't ever go during their new hours.
    Fit4less has the same restrictions (1hr, no shower, no fountains, etc). But I've never had issues booking slots unless I wait last minute. They only let you book 2 days ahead so it's pretty easy to decide to go to the gym tomorrow and grab a slot. Like right now 5, 615, and 730 are all available tonight. You can also reserve two time slots so if you wanted a longer workout you could technically go do an hour, go out to the parking lot and stretch/jog for 15 minutes then go back in and do more.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Fit4less has the same restrictions (1hr, no shower, no fountains, etc). But I've never had issues booking slots unless I wait last minute. They only let you book 2 days ahead so it's pretty easy to decide to go to the gym tomorrow and grab a slot. Like right now 5, 615, and 730 are all available tonight. You can also reserve two time slots so if you wanted a longer workout you could technically go do an hour, go out to the parking lot and stretch/jog for 15 minutes then go back in and do more.
    My issue is they are completely closed by the time I am able to go (which is why I use a 24hr gym) - if I could just book a slot that would be fine, but they aren't doing that either (no number limits, just 1hr max). There might be one day a week I can go. My GF's gym does the booking thing and it seems to work OK.

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

The one thing that has pissed me off about Anytime at Creekside is how they are talking about the "no outdoor shoes allowed past the door" and finally pushing it. You should never be aloud to wear your outdoor footwear on the gym floor regardless.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

My issue is they are completely closed by the time I am able to go (which is why I use a 24hr gym) - if I could just book a slot that would be fine, but they aren't doing that either (no number limits, just 1hr max). There might be one day a week I can go. My GF's gym does the booking thing and it seems to work OK.
    They wont kick you out after 61 minutes. Nothing is that strict at the two locations that I've been to and there are no wipe down police monitoring. I see people at the gym wiping down equipment like before all this started. Just wash your hands properly and you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjonus View Post
    The one thing that has pissed me off about Anytime at Creekside is how they are talking about the "no outdoor shoes allowed past the door" and finally pushing it. You should never be aloud to wear your outdoor footwear on the gym floor regardless.
    I agree, I always have 2 pairs with me and leave what I arrived in at the door anyway, it always surprised me that people either work out in their outdoor shoes or walk through the gym in them to get to the change rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    They wont kick you out after 61 minutes. Nothing is that strict at the two locations that I've been to and there are no wipe down police monitoring. I see people at the gym wiping down equipment like before all this started. Just wash your hands properly and you will be fine.
    Yeah I can't imagine anything is enforced too strictly, especially if you go at off-peak times. I just need them to be open when I want to work out....

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

I agree, I always have 2 pairs with me and leave what I arrived in at the door anyway, it always surprised me that people either work out in their outdoor shoes or walk through the gym in them to get to the change rooms.

Yeah I can't imagine anything is enforced too strictly, especially if you go at off-peak times. I just need them to be open when I want to work out....
    The anytime beltline location just went back to 24/7 operation this week (July 5th). Basically, all you need to do is to reserve your gym time (your FOB will only provide access 10 minutes prior to your reservation time).

Quote Originally Posted by A2VR6 View Post
    The anytime beltline location just went back to 24/7 operation this week (July 5th). Basically, all you need to do is to reserve your gym time (your FOB will only provide access 10 minutes prior to your reservation time).
    Good to know, thank you. Pretty cool that they can control that with the FOBs. Do they still have free underground parking there at Hotel Arts?

My Ride
    R50

Four city gym/pools re-opened today with more to follow. Haven’t been, but I trust that they will follow their cleaning protocols much more than Anytime.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Good to know, thank you. Pretty cool that they can control that with the FOBs. Do they still have free underground parking there at Hotel Arts?
    Yes they do, 2 hours free.

Quote Originally Posted by A2VR6 View Post
    Yes they do, 2 hours free.
    Awesome, thanks.

My Ride
    an econo box

Does anybody know if Anytime Fitness is allowing worldwide access again? My girlfriend lives literally in the opposite end of the city and I find I'm missing workouts when I'm up there. There's a location about 10 mins from her that I'd like to start using.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Ride cycle calgary & YYC Cycle shutdown due to a trainer having covid and 4 other gyms have also shutdown as a precaution as staff had attended a Ride Cycle spin session. No known cases at the other gyms but they're being cautious which is good to see.

A spin class sounds terrible during covid ... everyone I've gone to is usually a tiny rooms that are too hot and big fans blowing air across them.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Went back to Goodlife after a long hiatus even before COVID-19 started.

Really enjoying the limited capacity since the crowds were part of the reason why I stopped going in the first place.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Any word how long the gyms have to shut down after a covid case??

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast